Question about photopass sharing in September...

SpinningMakesUDisney

Earning My Ears
We'll be at DW in late September and I would LURVE to share a photopass with a few people. Soooo...when would be a good time to start asking (begging) for other participants and what is an ideal number of people? Is there a seasoned veteran out there willing to guide me (particularly someone going in September...wink, wink)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
:confused:

When will you be there? We are going September 21-October 1 and would be interested in sharing with you .. I would think it would basically be something like we both have our own photopass cards and meet up at the end of our stay and one of us would take them all home and register them all under one account. Then say you'd paypal me or give me the money at the park for half of the cost of the CD, I'd order it, save them to my computer and send the CD along to you.
I'd have no problem organizing it and handling it, I could even host all the pictures on my website for sharing, and we could both have access to my photopass account to view them and edit them before I order the CD.
Totally doable and I'd be happy to have the cost cut down as I plan to utilize photopass ops fully!

I am going 9/22-9/27 and would also be interested in planning ahead and getting a group together to share the CD. From what I have read from otheres a group of 4-5 max os ideal to allow everyone to have plenty of photos.....I am expecting our 2nd child in 2 weeks, so I will be a little busy to pull it all together:rotfl: , but please count me in to form a group/share the costs etc. I have a paypal account or we could do a meet at the parks i suppose.:confused3

I am going 9/22-9/27 and would also be interested in planning ahead and getting a group together to share the CD. From what I have read from otheres a group of 4-5 max os ideal to allow everyone to have plenty of photos.....I am expecting our 2nd child in 2 weeks, so I will be a little busy to pull it all together:rotfl: , but please count me in to form a group/share the costs etc. I have a paypal account or we could do a meet at the parks i suppose.:confused3

what park are you going to be at on the 27th? We'd have to arrange a meet up time/place. What resort are you at?

Anyone know what the max limit of number of pictures they'll put on a CD is?

what park are you going to be at on the 27th? We'd have to arrange a meet up time/place. What resort are you at?

Anyone know what the max limit of number of pictures they'll put on a CD is?
I think the max is 300, but don't quote me on it.

Also, just to let you know...you don't have to meet up. You can just email each other your photopass number and order it online. Just an FYI.

My dates are 9/9-9/18, so if we could get someone who can bridge the 9/18-9/21 gap and there is enough interest I'd be in.

I did a search and found some more info posted below: it appears there is not a max number of pics now that they have raised the price to $125 (although more pics would be more cumbersome to sort thru...) you do not have to meet up to all use the same card or anything, I guess if you wanted to exchange funds in person you could. We will be staying at POP and the 27th is actually our departure day so we will probably go to MK for a little while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied from another post below:

Bump and instructions. OK here is how others are doing this. You will be given a photopass card by the disney photographers as they take your picture. Once you get home do not put the numbers on your own account. We will have one person who will burn the CD's collect everyone's photopass #s (on the cards). He/she will then set up an account and share the username and password with the group. Then we (the whole group) can go in and alter our own pics. Then after the monies have been collected by a specific date, set up before hand, a CD will be created by the "CD person", then distrubuted to everyone in the group. I hope that makes sense. Here's a link to another thread that describes it, as well. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....e+photopass+cd I think that is how everyone is doing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone who has recently participated in a shared account and has any tips, please let us know

enough people to make this affordable!!

So, it's SerinaEmily (thanks for volunteering to lead us), newtodcl, vanessasmom and me so far, right? We'll be at the Port Orleans Riverside from 9/22-9/27.

Is there a time frame we need to keep in mind? How long before the photopass expires?

Oh, I'm so excited!!

Maybe we should trade email addy's sometime, eh?

Count me in! We will be there from 9/26 to 9/30 at the AS Movies, on a short trip but it will be the first time with our baby, so I'm guessing we will have lots of pictures taken!, I have a pay pal account as well and I think that would be easier for the money part than meeting somewhere, there's always so much going on when on vacation.... but I'm open to whatever SerinaEmily wants to do, since she has volunteered to take care of it :) Thanks!

I did the shared Photopass last fall with others from the Dis (I did not organize it), and it was such a nice thing! It was earier at that time because we could look at the pics at home and send on our photopass number for the shared CD. I think now you can only open the pics in one photopass account...is that correct?

We will be on vacation 9/1-9/11, and I would love to jump in on the shared photopass if that is still an option. Let me know - thanks!

This sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure how the cost to each family is determined. Can anyone help me with that? :)

looking good!

Looks like there's 7 people interested .. do you think that's too many or should we split it into two groups because I'm sure more people will join this thread?
I'm just thinking 7 batches of family photos will be a lot to sort through on the CD?

Lets' say we take the first 5 people to start .. that makes it $25 each to forward to me ahead of time (plus tax i would assume and delivery charges and the cost of me mailing you your copy of the CD right?) so I'd say with 5 members we'd all pay $30ish for a photoCD .. that's awesome!
Would you all like to PM me your email addresses? My email is ryansmom_99@hotmail.com
Then we can set up how to pool the money together before we head down!

First 5 Members are

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

you guys want to forward me your emails and we'll get planning ...

PAPrincess and bop28 I could help you guys organize your group too if you'd like and get it started (but have one of you collect the money) .. maybe be able to find more people going mid month closer to your dates PAPrincess so you're not waiting a month to see your pictures? Bop28 let me know if the price sounds right and you want to join group 2 :)

Group 1

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

Group 2 so far

PAPrincess
bop28 ?
taraprather
Makdyn

.. anyone from group two want to take responsibility for the collection of the money and burning the CD's?

I would definately be interested in joining a group. We are going 9/15-9/22. I don't know how this all works as I'm a newbie, hand holding please?? ha ha.

Thanks everyone!:grouphug:

We're definitely interested in joining a group too. We're going 9/16 - 9/29 staying at POP!

Looks like we got two groups full .. Bop28 isn't doing it so I added the two new interested members .. group 2's dates align well as well for mid September and group 1's for the end of the month.

Just need someone from group 2 to volunteer to be the money collector and CD burner :) and group 1 members PM me with your email addresses!

Group 1

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

Group 2 so far

PAPrincess
Punky's Mama
taraprather
Makdyn
tinaluis

how would i burn the cd? That is the only thing stopping me for volunteering. I know how to burn music, but will everyone get a copy of the cd with the other families on it? If someone will help me I will do it. I can pratice at home with the photopass cd from last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter