Question about moleskin...

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
Do you usually carry this around the parks with you? Don't you have to have scissors to cut it with? I was thinking about just taking some duct tape b/c I wouldn't need scissors for it. Someone on here suggested that it worked just as well as the moleskin. What do you think?

I cut various sizes of moleskin and put in our backpack to take to the parks for hot spots during the day.

Yeah, I do the same...I just cut various sizes of it and then keep it in a baggie since scissors aren't allowed.

ps - hmmm...don't know about duct tape...kinda sounds painful.

This may sound like a dumb question, but how does the moleskin attach to your own skin? Or, what do you use to attach it to your skin?

swkmom said:
This may sound like a dumb question, but how does the moleskin attach to your own skin? Or, what do you use to attach it to your skin?

The moleskin has a sticky side that you stick to your skin. I only have to put it on in the morning and it will stick all day.

I do the same. I cut it in small rectangles and put a few in my fanny pack. For the most part, we end up putting them on in the am before we get our socks and shoes on (from experience, we know the target areas that will get sore), but in an emergency, we'll stop and put them on in the parks. I learned about moleskin here a few years ago and it really has made life better for our feet! :goodvibes

Where do you buy moleskin? Is there a brand? I looked next to the band-aids and did not see it. Does this work better than just putting a band-aid on a hotspot?

niklynn1 said:
Where do you buy moleskin? Is there a brand? I looked next to the band-aids and did not see it. Does this work better than just putting a band-aid on a hotspot?

Moleskin attachs like a bandaid...it's sticky on one side (that's the side that sticks to you) and super soft on the other side.

And YES! it's way better than bandaids. Moleskin doesn't rub off like a bandaid will. And it doesn't hurt when you pull it off.

The key is to put some one BEFORE a blister forms. So when you feel a hot spot coming on, put some on there immediately.

You can find it in the aisles at Target where they have Dr. Scholls inserts and other Dr. Scholls stuff.

OK, I cheat. I carry little baby scissors around with me. You know the ones with the rounded tip?

I couldn't find moleskin on a previous trip but did find Blister Bandaids-they worked great! Stayed on all day and I think the blister that was starting even went away faster! Of course, this was before I wore my Airwalks so now no blisters :goodvibes .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter