Question about marriage license

luna99

Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythb
I faxed my info to brevard county to get my marriage license through the mail about 2-3 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten anything from them in the mail...

I leave for my wedding in about 32 days... should I be worried?

and if I don't get my marriage license stuff in in time... what should I do? Can I just run down to city hall in downtown orlando and get a marriage license on the spot?

help!? I'm getting nervous!! :eek: :confused:

I can't answer for sure about the Brevard license thing and if you should be nervous, but I can calm your fears about the license itself. Yes, you can go to the courthouse and get a license once you are here in town. There are several courthouses to go to (the big Orange County one downtown or the one that's closer to Disney).

Depending on what time of day you go, it shouldn't take that long. All we needed was the payment (curiously, they wouldn't accept checks but they would accept our debit card), I think our driver's license. I thought we were going to need our social security cards and/or birth certificates, but ended up not needing them. Oh, and out-of-state folks don't need to worry about a waiting period; you could literally pick up your license on the way to your wedding if you wanted to! (There's a form you can either fill out in advance or while you're at the courthouse.)

GL! You're super close and hope you're super excited!

thank you so much! My mom thought that we could just pop by the courthouse and get a license but I wasn't so sure.. you've totally made me feel better!! :D

I *am* excited.. it still doesn't seem real in a way though.. it probably won't until we are getting on the plane for orlando! woohoo! I'll be a wife-y soon!

I have a question. I am divorced. Do I need to bring my divorce papers with me?

I have a question. I am divorced. Do I need to bring my divorce papers with me?

Sorry for jumping in like this, but those "related" links at the bottom of pages brought me here. :)

Looked up the Brevard clerks website, and they state

Q. Do I need my divorce papers or spouse's death certificate in order to apply for a marriage license?
A. No. You do not need the documents, but the application does require you to note when and how your last marriage ended (divorce, annulment or death) .

Sorry for jumping in like this, but those "related" links at the bottom of pages brought me here. :)

Looked up the Brevard clerks website, and they state

Q. Do I need my divorce papers or spouse's death certificate in order to apply for a marriage license?
A. No. You do not need the documents, but the application does require you to note when and how your last marriage ended (divorce, annulment or death) .

Thanks so much! I'll have to dig out those papers to remember when the divorce was final.. it's been so long ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter