Question about Magic Morning Tickets?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
I was planning to go to DL and DCA for 3 days. I was initially planning on staying at Paradise Pier and get a vacation package for 3 Day Tickets. I recall that one of the benefits of staying at an Onsite Disney Hotel was that they offered hotel guests the option to take advantage of early entry through Magic Mornings to the Parks. This was one of the perks that I liked as an Onsite Disney Hotel Guest.

I was pricing everything out and looking at different Hotel offsite options and priced out the tickets separately. I noticed that the Disneyland website is offering 3 Day Tickets with the Magic Mornings Perk. I assume that this is the same Magic Mornings Perk that is offered to Onsite Disney Hotel Guests.

Am I correct in assuming that there is no difference in the Magic Mornings perk when it comes to Onsite Disney Hotel Guests and buying 3 Day Tickets ( which comes with the Magic Morning Perk as well )?

Although I love to stay at an Onsite Disney Hotel and have the option to ride the huge water slide at Paradise Pier, I'd probably save about $400 if I stayed at a Walking Distance Offsite hotel.

Hotel guests don’t get Magic Morning. Hotel guests get Extra Magic Hour... it’s almost the same thing, but good for each day of your stay at whichever park has EMH that morning.

The magic morning on the ticket is for 1 day and is for DL only. Only onsite guests get one hour early access for every day of their stay, including check in day, and it is offered at both DCA and DL but on alternating days. The DCA perk of early entry is much more significant as it is limited only to onsite guests whereas early entry at DL is a combination of onsite guests and guests with 3 day or longer park tickets.

Thanks to all for explaining the difference between MM and EMH. I guess the question is whether I want to spend $400 to stay a lot closer to the Park and swim at Paradise Pier and getting the EMH.

Thanks to all for explaining the difference between MM and EMH. I guess the question is whether I want to spend $400 to stay a lot closer to the Park and swim at Paradise Pier and getting the EMH.

Keep in mind you won't be closer than all offsite hotels if you stay at Paradise Pier - there are many hotels/motels on Harbor, across the street from the park entrances that are a closer if not equal length walk to the parks compared to the Paradise Pier hotel. If you want the EMH that is one thing but that is pretty much the only tangible perk to staying onsite.

For us, we look at it this way. Is it worth the extra $400 for the 7 of us to have 1 hr each day of limited guests. Yes it is. And we always plan our visits so the majority of our days have DCA early entry. DCA early entry is amazing. Last trip we were able to do Guardians, Racers, (maybe) Luigi, Screamin, and be back in line for racers all before the regular park guests were let in, but we are a very fast walking family.
When I went with other people one early entry, all we did was one Soarin and got in line for guardians.

For us, we look at it this way. Is it worth the extra $400 for the 7 of us to have 1 hr each day of limited guests. Yes it is. And we always plan our visits so the majority of our days have DCA early entry. DCA early entry is amazing. Last trip we were able to do Guardians, Racers, (maybe) Luigi, Screamin, and be back in line for racers all before the regular park guests were let in, but we are a very fast walking family.
When I went with other people one early entry, all we did was one Soarin and got in line for guardians.
Some folks see the benefit of onsite for reasons you have discussed. I have never made that the main focus and I recommend others do not either.

When we have stayed onsite and had EMH for like 4 days in a row, and it is peak season like summer time with EMH at 7AM, we have found it virtually impossible to make it to EMH each morning. We are lucky to use 2 of the 4. The first day for sure, as that is the easiest, then one other day. Getting up and out the door by 6:20-6:30AM with a group of people is just so hard in my experience. The EMH holds greater value for this kind of thing, IMO, when the start is not at 7AM.

If you only make two of the four, realize you can get one MM at DL with a 3 day ticket. So if you are like us, the value of the second EMH is all you really get for the onsite expense. Food for thought.

:wizard:

Last edited:
If you only make two of the four, realize you can get one MM at DL with a 3 day ticket. So if you are like us, the value of the second EMH is all you really get for the onsite expense. Food for thought. :wizard:

This was the exact discussion we have had when debating onsite vs. offsite. Is the smaller room which costs way more worth getting into DCA for 1 or 2 mornings (based off a 5 day ticket). The value of early entry into DL is watered down with it being open to 3 day or more ticket holders anyway. We'd rather get maxpass and use it like a champ and have more room and spend less $. Your thread on how to pick a hotel is a great help to many.

Hotel guests get Extra Magic Hour and is good for whichever park has it for the day everyday you are at the hote (including check in day). Magic Morning on a 3 day or more pass is only for Disneyland and you only get 1 magic morning. Truthfully we find that we get a lot done on EMH days and always willing to pay that price. But if it means having to struggle or cut back anywhere else on the trip probably not worth it

We always stay at GCH so we can get EMH but we only go to DLR every other year, we are early risers, and we need the room for afternoon naps. For us it is worth it, but depends on your family/touring style!

Although I love to stay at an Onsite Disney Hotel and have the option to ride the huge water slide at Paradise Pier

Have you stayed there before?

If not, you might want to know that the slide doesn’t end in the pool. It just sort of stops.

So not only is it further away from many of the offsite hotel/motels, but the slide might not be what you’re expecting.

Please note that I love PPH. It’s my fave of the onsites. But I haven’t been able to afford it for years, and there are plenty of off-site options that are terrific. And closer.

Thanks again to all that responded recently. My plan was to stay at either Paradise Pier or the newer Residence Inn that is at the corner of Katella and Harbor ( which is about a 15 minute walk from the entrance to DL/DCA ).

Months back, I had made plans to go to Disneyland in Mid-June and booked the Vacation Package to Paradise Pier ( this was back in November before any of the SW Land news came out ). We recently decided to push the Vacation to the end of July so that we can stay a little longer. But today, I called Disneyland Reservations to look into making the change and found out ( of course ) about the whole Star Wars Land Entry Reservation that you have to make JUST to get into the park. For anyone staying at one of the Onsite park, there is a guaranteed reservation for ( I think ) 1 day at a designated time. Given that I have this Disneyland Vacation Package for mid-June, it's like the Golden Ticket. So, now....I'm pondering whether to keep the reservation and stay at Paradise Pier in Mid-June instead of end of July.

Either way, I think that ( for now ) I am leaning towards staying at Paradise Pier regardless of when I go. There are a few benefits here that may make it worthwhile ( most notably, the entry to SW Land ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter