Question about London

mrsaunders

Earning My Ears
Hi! Was hoping someone who is familiar with London can give me some tips for my upcoming trip with my husband, 14 yr old daughter, 12 yr old Son and my in laws in July. What is a better location to stay, Kensington or Blackfriars? We are looking at a Premier Inn as we're having a hard time finding an inexpensive but clean room for 4. Has anyone stayed in one? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance for any help!!

To be honest all Premier Inn's are pretty much of the same standard. They are fairly cheap, basic and clean.

I would base my decision on what is nearest to the things you are going to visit/sight see.

Thanks! I think we're going to be hitting all the more common tourist spots with a side trip to Emerites Stadium (DH is an Arsenal fan). Plus maybe a trip to the Harry Potter Studio tour.

Both are on good tube lines, making it easy to get anywhere, I did'nt know they had a PI in Blackfriars, looks pretty new & yes PI are ok for a clean no frills basic stay, a great base for sight seeing in London.
Not sure how you would get to Harry Potter from central London though, it's quite a way out.

Have fun.

Not sure how you would get to Harry Potter from central London though, it's quite a way out.

Have fun.

There is a coach from Victoria Station to HP..:thumbsup2

to the OP, we stayed at Premier Inn in Liverpool Docks recently and thought it was excellent value. Thought the breakfast was disgusting though as they use the cheapest ingredients going and it showed! There is also a great Premier Inn by the London Eye/London Aquarium that is in a fabulous place for all the sight seeing and very close to tube's, buses, trains and boats.:)

I've stayed at the Prmier Inn at County Hall (the one near the London Eye) it was a bit dearer than I was expecting but was really, really good. It had its own restaurant which was very good.

We were very lucky in that we got a good view from our room (I know that some of the rooms face an internal courtyard.)

This is our "twin" room

IMG_1508-1.jpg

and the view from our window

IMG_1510.jpg

Wow, that's a great view! I'll look into that location! Thank you to everyone for all of your advice. Still very new to international travel and there is so much I don't know! One more odd question. If I fly decide to go to Dublin after London, will I need to go through customs again because I don't have a European passport? Is it only Europeans that can travel between countries in Europe freely?

We travelled to the HP by train from Euston station to Watford junction (about 20 mins by shortest journey train (some others take up to 45 mins as they have more stops)). At Watford junction station we got a bus to the studios .
We stayed at the travelodge at covent garden and walked to Euston in about 20 mins (with a 9 year old)

it's definitely worth a visit we loved it ! :cheer2:

we found the travelodge at covent garden to be a great base. We could walk to most of the tourist attractions and from / to Kings Cross and Euston for our trains . it was great in the evenings we went to the theatre as it was a very short walk back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter