Question about Later Morning Arrival to DL area

Christine

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Leaving Tuesday to go to San Diego to visit my son and will arrive a DL the following Sunday. I've got 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel booked (club level). We will drive up from San Diego on Sunday and likely to get there late morning. I'll drop my bags off with the bellhop as I'm sure my room won't be ready. Thought maybe I'd explore a bit. I have a park reservation for that day at DCA. Our only full day will be on Monday and DL. I've got Genie+ for both days (added to a military salute ticket) I'm thinking maybe I wasted money getting that since I won't be entering DCA to probably very early afternoon?

Entering the park at that time, what can I expect to get out of my Genie+ features?

I"m also traveling with my adult children and I don't think they are going to be enthused about rope drop the next day at DL.

What do you think?

Are you planning to stop for some Photopass photos? It doesn't take much to make it worthwhile if you're doing that. This feature makes it a different calculus from using it at WDW.

Are you planning to stop for some Photopass photos? It doesn't take much to make it worthwhile if you're doing that. This feature makes it a different calculus from using it at WDW.

I hadn't given it much though, although I did know that it was part of the deal so I guess I will do some if I can remember to do it. I've never been good about stopping for those things!

Are you planning to stop for some Photopass photos? It doesn't take much to make it worthwhile if you're doing that.
Agreed. Especially if any of your party are Marvel or Cars fans -- they have nice Cars Land photo ops and some fun Magic Shots in Avengers Campus. And take pictures of your ride photo codes, as those are included in Photopass also.

Thats said, even arriving later, there should still be Genie+ slots for many (most?) of the rides -- they'll just be some time later, so you may have to prioritize your favorites.

I think you’ll actually be glad you got Genie+, especially since you’re arriving a bit later. I think you should still be able to book rides for later afternoon and evening. I think all parties have to go into the park though to be able to book LLs, so you’d need all of your party there. One of the experts on here, please correct me if I’m wrong!

I think you’ll actually be glad you got Genie+, especially since you’re arriving a bit later. I think you should still be able to book rides for later afternoon and evening. I think all parties have to go into the park though to be able to book LLs, so you’d need all of your party there. One of the experts on here, please correct me if I’m wrong!

No worries, we'll all go together!

Can you head into the park late morning after you drop your bags? On my trip this week mornings were significantly less crowded (even late mornings), so I'd try to get in as soon as you can.

But I don't think you'll have trouble booking lightning lanes even in the afternoon.

Have fun!

Can you head into the park late morning after you drop your bags? On my trip this week mornings were significantly less crowded (even late mornings), so I'd try to get in as soon as you can.

But I don't think you'll have trouble booking lightning lanes even in the afternoon.

Have fun!
That's my goal although I can't resist looking around the resorts! But maybe I'll just save it for later.

That's my goal although I can't resist looking around the resorts! But maybe I'll just save it for later.
So the cool thing is you can get to GCH directly from DCA, so I would scan in to start getting LL booked, and then when I got tired or needed a break I'd go to GCH to look around. We did that one year and it was a nice place to relax for a bit.

And I would totally rope drop on Monday, but that's who we are.

You can explore the resorts after the parks close, but you can't do DCA rides/shows after the park closes. If you arrive in the afternoon, spend that time at DCA. There are usually rides with shorter wait times that may be walk-ons which you can do before your LL return time. Also, while you are waiting for your return time might be a great chance to see where the PhotoPass photographers are. It is a huge perk of Genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter