question about how to apply ap discount to resort

gapoochi

Mouseketeer
I am buying an annual pass for my upcoming trip. If I'm understanding thsi right, I won't get the actual pass just yet, even if I go to the Disney Store to get it, but a voucher that has to be activated at guest relations.

How does this work if I have a resort room using the AP discount? They said I need the pass at check in but how do I get checked in if I need to go to the park to activate first? Can they activate it at the resort?

thanks!

No you have to take it to a guest relations counter in one of the parks or DTD. I have showed my voucher at check in and had no problems. Some people have been asked to stop back by the front desk to show the pass once it is received. Either way you should have no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

As the pp said, you shouldn't have a problem checking in without the AP. You usually have 24 hours after check in to show the activated AP.

Yes, I agree. Show the voucher. The resort will give you 24 hours to return with the activated Annual Pass.

One year I just had the voucher, and was asked to show it when I got it activated. We were heading to DTD and activated it there. No problem. The resort can't do it.

I've now stayed at three hotels on an AP discount and never once had to show it. That being said, I did buy my voucher at the Disney Store, and planned on showing it at check in, but was never asked for it.

Thanks! I'm going to the Disney Store tomorrow to buy my pass! The rest of the family will get upgraded from Undercover Tourist tickets after we go to the parks :)
So excited!!!! It's going to feel good to have at least the one ticket in hand tomorrow...more real :)

Thanks! I'm going to the Disney Store tomorrow to buy my pass! The rest of the family will get upgraded from Undercover Tourist tickets after we go to the parks :)
So excited!!!! It's going to feel good to have at least the one ticket in hand tomorrow...more real :)

I know what you mean. We have used our AP discount before at hotels but were never asked to show our passes. I had the vouchers with me just in case. I did the same thing with my AP pass by buying a 5 day ticket then upgrading it at the parks. Its easier for me to pay for it that way instead of shelling out over $500 at one time. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter