Question about hotels that share busses

GenGen22

DIS Veteran
Hello All-

I am thinking about another WDW trip and I wanted to know what hotels do not share buses with other hotels. I know that POP and Art of Animation have their own bus services but not sure if there are any others. TIA for any info on this topic.

Beware, they may not share buses with other resorts, however, they may make more than 1 stop at thus resort. When we stayed at POR and got on the first stop, it took 20 minutes to go around the resort to the other stops before heading to the park.

Just know that any resort has a small possibility of sharing. Especially during the middle of the day when there are less people going from the parks to the resorts. We stayed at Pop the end of August. We checked out the Sunday before Labor Day. And we shared one bus with AoA one afternoon on the way back from MK.

Even sharing, that bus was only 1/2 full. So I get why they did it that way. I’m sure it doesn’t. happen often. But it’s always a possibility.

Just know that any resort has a small possibility of sharing. Especially during the middle of the day when there are less people going from the parks to the resorts. We stayed at Pop the end of August. We checked out the Sunday before Labor Day. And we shared one bus with AoA one afternoon on the way back from MK.

Even sharing, that bus was only 1/2 full. So I get why they did it that way. I’m sure it doesn’t. happen often. But it’s always a possibility.
That would be fine. I just read many complaints on here about the bus sharing and I've only stayed at POP and AoA so, I haven't experienced the bus sharing and would like to avoid it if possible. POP is all sold out for the time I may be coming and AoA only has suites available and there are only 2 of us so, I was trying to weigh out my options for the other hotels. Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate it!:o

We were at CBR and luckily at the 1st stop but it made many stops and took a long time to go around whole resort and by the last pickup was full at times so bldg location is key in understanding the bus stop order. One resort w no sharing does not equal 1 stop then off to the park.

We were at CBR and luckily at the 1st stop but it made many stops and took a long time to go around whole resort and by the last pickup was full at times so bldg location is key in understanding the bus stop order. One resort w no sharing does not equal 1 stop then off to the park.
I will definitely select a preferred room in hopes that will help as well.

I will definitely select a preferred room in hopes that will help as well.
Actually Jamaica was usually first stop when we stayed there. CBR has the most stops than any other resort.
Staying at YC, bus service is really quick, only shares with BC. Same as AKL which shares with Kidani.
Por Riverside has less stops than CBR too. During our stays POR & POFQ only share during non peak times. Pofq only has one bus stop.

I have read the multiple complaints about bus sharing over the years and have always remarked how often misleading those remarks were. Yes some of the resorts share, but during the low passenger ride times of the day such as the muddle of the afternoon. I have stayed at All Star Music every year since 2009 and can count on one hand the amount of times we have shared a bus.

POFQ only shares with POR for AK. We loved the bus service for POFQ as when all the other lines were 3or more buses long, we got on the next bus back to the resort every time but one, and that time we hadn't been waiting in the queue, we had walked up to it as the last couple of people squeezed on. The next bus was there in 5 minutes.

Actually Jamaica was usually first stop when we stayed there. CBR has the most stops than any other resort.
Staying at YC, bus service is really quick, only shares with BC. Same as AKL which shares with Kidani.
Por Riverside has less stops than CBR too. During our stays POR & POFQ only share during non peak times. Pofq only has one bus stop.

This has been our experience as well, I thought that the bus rides at CBR were crazy long just because of how long it took us to pick up within the resort. Neither POR nor CSR have nearly as many stops as CBR. We just got back from the YC and had great busing, we only shared with BC, and the resorts are so close that it hardly took any additional time, we stay at AKL frequently and the two stops there are very quick as well.

Beware, they may not share buses with other resorts, however, they may make more than 1 stop at thus resort. When we stayed at POR and got on the first stop, it took 20 minutes to go around the resort to the other stops before heading to the park.
You must of had 1 or 2 "special assistant" vehicles loading, which really slows the loading down. Because we have stayed at POR a number of times and rarely did it take more than 10 minutes from the time we left the 1st stop to cover the other 3 stops.

OP; CBR (5), CSR(4) & POR(4) have multiple "internal" stops if that matters to you.

You must of had 1 or 2 "special assistant" vehicles loading, which really slows the loading down. Because we have stayed at POR a number of times and rarely did it take more than 10 minutes from the time we left the 1st stop to cover the other 3 stops.

OP; CBR (5), CSR(4) & POR(4) have multiple "internal" stops if that matters to you.

No, not at all. Just lots of people boarding and 4 (total) stops. They averaged 20 minutes, I timed it. That is MY experience. Yours may be different.

K

Actually CBR has 6. It used to be 7 before they removed the whole Village of Barbados.

When we were there the end of September early October the Boardwalk shared buses with the S&D resorts.
I guess it depends when you go but for the past 3 years when we have gone during thanksgiving or Christmas, the boardwalk did not share a bus with any other resort.

I guess it depends when you go but for the past 3 years when we have gone during thanksgiving or Christmas, the boardwalk did not share a bus with any other resort.

I am sure it has to do with demand, I just know that both from AK and Disney Springs we got on buses going to the Boardwalk and S&D resorts and got off at the Dolphin to walk to our room at the YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter