Question about HM...

LisaDKG

A little obsessed...
...closing for Hallowe'en decorating? Does anyone know what dates this usually happens? I would DIE (ho ho!) if it falls on our Sept 17-23 trip but I have a feeling it might. Is it usually down for long? When do the Fall/Hallowe'en decorations in general, go up in DL and DCA?
Thanks!

The NBC overlay for HM hasn't been scheduled yet. It is usually right after Labor Day (Sept 1 this year) and lasts for roughly three weeks. You may or not make it. When HM re-opens in late Sept that is generally when DL changes over to its Halloween decorations.

Are you re-thinking your dates of travel? lol I hope it opens before the end of your trip :) I think I'd die too!

Yeah I think you might miss it. I think it usually reopens at the very end of September. Might want to move those dates if you can! I know it's one of my favs too!

Its too late! I'm locked in!
I hate to say it but I'm feeling kindof depressed about this realization! Why didn't I think of this before clicking the "purchase" button on the computer?
Oh no...what will I tell my KIDS!? (actually I may be more sad than they!)
Thanks for the help anyways!

...closing for Hallowe'en decorating? Does anyone know what dates this usually happens? I would DIE (ho ho!) if it falls on our Sept 17-23 trip but I have a feeling it might. Is it usually down for long? When do the Fall/Hallowe'en decorations in general, go up in DL and DCA?
Thanks!

IF they install the 2008 HMH overlay the same as 2007, then you should be okay.

Based on 2007, the

2008 HMH overlay should be installed from 9/2 (Tu) to 9/18 (Th), with HMH opening on Friday, Sept. 19, 2008 (that's only based on 2007, the official dates for 2008 haven't been announced ;)).

ETA: According to Mouseplanet's DL Park Update (dated June 9, 2009), the HM is scheduled to be closed from Monday, Sept 8, to Thursday, Sept 25, 2008, and HMH is scheduled to open on Friday, Sept 26, 2008.

Here are the dates from 2007 (LD = Labor Day):

2007: LD 9/3, Overlay: 9/4 (Tu) to 9/20 (Th), HMH opened 9/21 (Fri)

But here are some more dates:

2006: LD 9/4, Overlay: 9/11 (M) to 9/28 (Th), HMH opened 9/29 (Fri)

2005: LD 9/5, Overlay: 9/12 (M) to 9/29 (Th), HMH opened 9/30 (Fri)

2004: LD 9/6, Overlay: 9/7 (Tu) to 10/1 (Fri), HMH opened 10/2 (Sat)

2003: LD 9/1, Overlay: 9/8 (M) to 10/2 (Th), HMH opened 10/3 (Fri)

HTH :goodvibes

Oh I hope the PP is right for you. Looks like they've been making it a little earlier through out the years. Which is good! Fingers crossed for you!

One year the POTC was closed, which is my absolute favorite, I was so bummed. You still have fun, but every time you walk by that ride it's just "Ahhh man!" LOL

SS, it has also been discussed before that the timing has changed based on Thanksgiving's date. And the timing is about the same for opening to Thanksgiving (which is when they change the decorations to xmastime, I believe) for '05 and '06.

For '07, Thanksgiving was "early", and you can see that it was early for HMH opening...since HMH seems to open on Fridays, the time doesn't work out as perfectly for '07, but for those 3 years I can see a correlation.

This year it's "late", the 27th, so if the correlation IS length of time open before Tofu-Day (er, Turkey Day for the omnivores), I would bet it'll be later.

I don't really care, other than to miss HMH from now on...the only good thing about it, to me, is that it has FP when it's HMH...but then, that just means I can ride something I don't like faster! Not a bonus for me. :goodvibes

... For '07, Thanksgiving was "early ...

Bumber,

Here are the Tofu-Turkey-Days for the last 3 years: :goodvibes

Thanksgiving 2005 = Nov 24 ; HMH opened Sep 30

Thanksgiving 2006 = Nov 23 ; HMH opened Sep 29

Thanksgiving 2007 = Nov 22 ; HMH opened Sep 21

Thanksgiving 2008 = Nov 27 ; HMH opens ??? ??

T-Day '07 was only 1 day earlier than T-Day '06, yet in '07 HMH opened 8 days earlier??

Only Madame Leota knows for sure :earsboy:, but HMH and Halloweentime have been very popular and $ucce$$ful. :earsboy:

... I would bet it'll be later....

I would bet it'll open on Friday, Sep 19, 2008. (But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.)

ETA: According to Mouseplanet's DL Park Update (dated June 9, 2009), the HM is scheduled to be closed from Monday, Sept 8, to Thursday, Sept 25, 2008, and HMH is scheduled to open on Friday, Sept 26, 2008.

:goodvibes

Thanks so much! I love that you can get such detailed help here! You experts are too much!
I will be keeping my fingers crossed.
I really did feel slightly depressed that the chance is there that it will be closed. This DL 2008 trip is to prove to my DH that the rides in DL are more, uh, "enhanced" than in WDW. We were in DL in 2004 and HE was disappointed in the parks because his Disney experience centered around WDW. In 2006 and 2007 we went to WDW to enjoy "Free Dining" and while it was fabulous, I couldn't help but long for the DL versions of my fave rides, HM, POTC, Splash etc. (guess where my Disney experience started?). I am confident that DH will start to see things MY way - as long as the rides are OPEN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter