Question about Dream stateroom 8184

eeyoreandtink

DIS Veteran
Due to an injury, I am going to need a step in shower and a shower seat for this trip and we have been assigned room 8184. I have seen conflicting reports about whether this room had the wall mounted shower seat. Has anyone been in it recently to confirm? I know they will provide shower stools but I am considering taking my own if the pull down bench is not there because I know it is stable, ect.

Due to an injury, I am going to need a step in shower and a shower seat for this trip and we have been assigned room 8184. I have seen conflicting reports about whether this room had the wall mounted shower seat. Has anyone been in it recently to confirm? I know they will provide shower stools but I am considering taking my own if the pull down bench is not there because I know it is stable, ect.
8184 has a roll in shower with a pull down bench seat and hand rails.

We stayed in 8588 on the Fantasy and had a fold down bench in the shower. We've also booked 8588 on the Dream for an upcoming cruise. I believe the room configurations are the same, and are the same as 8184 as both are accessible rooms. The photos you saw for 8184 may have had the bench folded up. In 8588, the bench was on the wall the bathroom shared with the room. I have a nice Google Cardboard panorama of the room, but didn't think to take photos of the bathroom. 8588 has an automatic door opener. It also closes on it's own and is quite heavy. Have the steward show you the override switch that allows you to keep the door open for a few minutes.

Guest service may be able to tell you what type of bench is in the shower and what type of shower stool is available.

You are going to love the extra space in the room. We have an ECV and were able to drive it into the room and turn it around to park it along the wall for charging. The veranda is a bit larger too.

We stayed in 8588 on the Fantasy and had a fold down bench in the shower. We've also booked 8588 on the Dream for an upcoming cruise. I believe the room configurations are the same, and are the same as 8184 as both are accessible rooms. The photos you saw for 8184 may have had the bench folded up. In 8588, the bench was on the wall the bathroom shared with the room. I have a nice Google Cardboard panorama of the room, but didn't think to take photos of the bathroom. 8588 has an automatic door opener. It also closes on it's own and is quite heavy. Have the steward show you the override switch that allows you to keep the door open for a few minutes.

Guest service may be able to tell you what type of bench is in the shower and what type of shower stool is available.

You are going to love the extra space in the room. We have an ECV and were able to drive it into the room and turn it around to park it along the wall for charging. The veranda is a bit larger too.
Thanks for the help.

I think the previous poster is correct. 8164 also has a roll in shower, but the room is not considered handicapped. I have stayed in this room, and I don't recall and I don't see any pictures I took of it to confirm.

Sorry, I had the wrong room numbers. For some reason I was thinking you were in one of the accessible rooms similar to 8588 on the other side of the ship. I was way off. After looking at the deck plans again 8184 looks to be a different configuration from 8588. I would think the bathrooms are similar with the fold down shower seat and handrails.

I would check with Guest Services regarding the fold down bench and railing. What we had in 8588 was sturdy but Guest Services can confirm they are the same.

Sorry if I have posted some incorrect information.

We just stayed in this exact room on the Dream at the beginning of December. There is a pull down bench in the shower. The room is just incredible, it’s huge and the balcony is ridiculous. We’ll never be able to stay in a regular room again! We’ve been spoiled. We did get this room at the port as they hold it for handicapped passengers until very close to the sail date. Sorry for your injury, I hope you have a fantastic cruise in spite of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter