Question about Dinner Menu

Binoo

Mouseketeer
I would like to try different dishes during dinner time but I don't want to gain any weights :rolleyes1. Are they able to give me a small portion of every dish? This way I won't waste any food. Anyone has this request before??

I suggest taking the stairs wherever you go! I am a Weight Watchers member and last year on a 7 night eastern, I gained only .8 of a pound. I hit the fruit available at Goofy's Galley all the time, loaded up on salads, even at dinner. While they won't necessarily bring you smaller items, I have ordered 2 appetizers as my main course. You can also do what I do...order the items, and cut half and put aside before I eat. We learned from a galley tour a few years back that the leftover food gets groound up and becomes fish food. I hate to waste food as well. I have split items with other table mates before too...asking oour server to split it for us.

I found doing the stairs is the best way to get around anyway especially on port days as the elevators are sooo crowded!

I didn't find the portion sizes that big on the plates. My husband always ordered two entrees.

Don't think they will bring it smaller since all plates are made up and they just go pick them up as they are ordered. Every plate looks the same and pretty :lmao:

Stairs and a pedometer -- I wore a pedometer last time and made sure I did 10,000 steps a day. And when you are doing half of those steps as actual STAIRSTEPS ... you will lose a little weight and not half to worry about a dessert each night and a couple of adult beverages.

Just don't touch the french fries or the tiny little pastries.

Thank you for all the suggestions. It's very hard to stay away from those delicious food. I will make sure take stairs all the time. I am thinking to take the aerobic class and yoga class. Had anyone joined those classes before? Are they good?

If you see a few things that you want to try, make sure your server knows that you just want to taste it. For some things like a risotto, my server last week just brought a tiny (bread size) portion instead of a whole dinner plate. But I agree to share things around the table. We have done that on every DCL cruise and it works great! Also note that they're "on to us" with the desserts now and every night it seemed that there was a "Sweet Temptations" plate with bite-sized tastes of 3 of the night's regular desserts. An easy way to taste a lot without packing on the pounds!

As for exercise, my DW and I made it a point (on cruise #1) to always take the stairs down -- maybe not up -- and to do 4 laps of the track every day. We ate a TON and came home no heavier than when we left.

You can order as many dishes you want and you only eat as much as you want. But yes use the stairs, if you have time, walk to the opposite end of the ship and use the stairs furthest away from you. There are many ways to get more exercise and not gain as much weight. Walk on CC and avoid the tram. ohh and those liitle pastries will get ya every time! You may think that they are small enough to have more than one, but they can pack lots of sugar, lipids, and deliciousness in those! :rotfl: Good Luck!!! HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!