Question about cruising from a noob...

Just People

Lurker
We've never been on any cruise before. For whatever reason we've never really given a thought to the idea (probably based on all the bad news reports). Anywho, my wife and I have finally come to the conclusion that its about time for our first cruise AND do it the right way the first time and go with Disney. The thing is we tend to be last minute travelers, we probably won't know for sure when we are going until a month to a month and a half before hand. From what we've heard when it comes to cruising, the more advanced planning the better. Are we going to pay a lot more for the same room, if one is even available? Will our dining options be limited? We would love to go on a DCL new shis pbbly mid to end of September 2013 for a 7-night cruise, but even a 3-night at the least.

Just People said:
We've never been on any cruise before. For whatever reason we've never really given a thought to the idea (probably based on all the bad news reports). Anywho, my wife and I have finally come to the conclusion that its about time for our first cruise AND do it the right way the first time and go with Disney. The thing is we tend to be last minute travelers, we probably won't know for sure when we are going until a month to a month and a half before hand. From what we've heard when it comes to cruising, the more advanced planning the better. Are we going to pay a lot more for the same room, if one is even available? Will our dining options be limited? We would love to go on a DCL new shis pbbly mid to end of September 2013 for a 7-night cruise, but even a 3-night at the least.

Last minute is sort of a crap shoot. Find what you want a book as early as possible. Maybe contact a good TA who is experienced with Disney cruises and ask them.

September isn't a prime time where the ship fills up easily. There are sometimes deals out there. I agree with finding a TA you can talk to, give the specs you want, then trust them to keep an eye out for a deal that fits your plan.

Several friends are waiting another month or two before they book an October cruise, looking for a last-minute discount. I hope they're able to find a good deal.

You may or may not get a deal - Disney is generally not known for its good deals but September would likely be one of the times of the year you may find one. As long as you're willing to go with second seating at dinner, you shouldn't have a problem.

To get your best price in a cruise you need to book in advance. However September isn't prime cruising season with kids going back to school. Therefore it should be generally cheaper then the prime seasons like the summer and school breaks. If you find the price to be reasonable then book it ASAP before the price rises. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter