Question about company

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
My BIL has joined a multi level marketing company called Fortune and has been after me to look at the website. He says he has met several people living in his town who make at least thousands of dollars a month if not more. I am very skeptical, but was wondering if someone had any experience with this company.

Any input would be appreciated.

You didn't mention if this is a pyramid thing - but - if it is you will be better off keeping your money in the bank.

If you do a google search for: Fortune pyramid scheme - you will find lots of warnings against participating.

Very few people ever get to the top of the pyramid to collect money. The "collection" meetings are usually held in secret, by personal invitation and there is lots of private security roaming in the area. I've not participated, but have been invited to watch a pay-out. I was shown an 8x10 glossy photo of a guy with lots of cash layed out in front of him. It was interesting so I went. It was an effort to collect $2000.00 from me. The top person on the pyramid collected $20,000.00 in cash on their payout night. The problem is that the pyramid will fall apart before you will probably ever get to the top. There are too many people in the middle who will never recruit enough people to keep the pyramid moving. Plus, if you buy in - you have to stay motivated and possibly recruit enough people to complete an entire pyramid to ever reach the top.

I also think these schemes may be illegal in some states???

I am almost positive it is a pyramid scheme.

Am I allowed to post the link?

I have been burned by these things before, but usually, he isn't the type to fall for such things, so it sort of suprises me.

If I am allowed to post, let me know. You all usually have very good opinions!

It's a scam. They charge a $350 fee to join. The only ones making any

money are the ones that rip off your $350

run, run run. I was at the gym a few years ago, when a young 20 something, was talking about a multi-level marketing thing.

She didn't understand how she wouldn't make money. Apparently a few of her friends that were co-workers at the gym, were talking this up, and wanting her to join in.

I politely pointed it out they were illegal, and that she would never see her money. That each person had to get so many people, and eventually you run out of people, and then you don't get squat.

Just be careful, the friends of your husband, may be lieing to convince him to join, so they can get to the top of their pyramid. and recoup their money they invested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter