Question about canceling a reservation with Disney collection

The points can be used for any other Disney Collection Reservation that will occur during the same UY in which the cancelled reservation was to take place. The returned points can't be banked.

The Rule of Four guideline is that you cannot book and travel on the Disney Collection (excluding hotels at Disneyland Resort in California and Tokyo Disney Resort) and Concierge Collection vacations within the last 4 months of your Use Year.

However, you can travel in the last 4 months of your Use Year as long as you've booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year.

The points can be used for any other Disney Collection Reservation that will occur during the same UY in which the cancelled reservation was to take place. The returned points can't be banked.

The Rule of Four guideline is that you cannot book and travel on the Disney Collection (excluding hotels at Disneyland Resort in California and Tokyo Disney Resort) and Concierge Collection vacations within the last 4 months of your Use Year.

However, you can travel in the last 4 months of your Use Year as long as you've booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year.
My understanding is that the Rule of Four doesn't apply to the points returned to your account from a cancelled Collection reservation.

I think whether you can use those points for any Disney Collection vacations may depend on the type of points you have. Starting March 11, 2011, points purchased resale thereafter could no longer be used to reserve the Disney collections except for a Disneyland hotel. Thus, if any of your points are resale points purchased after March 11, 2011, those points may be limited to reserving a Disneyland hotel.

Last edited:
I think whether you can use those points for any Disney Collection vacations may depend on the type of points you have. Starting March 11, 2011, points purchased resale thereafter could no longer be used to reserve the Disney collections except for a Disneyland hotel. Thus, if any of your points are resale points purchased after March 11, 2011, those points may be limited to reserving a Disneyland hotel.

I think you must be thinking of something else drusba. Perhaps the Rule of 4 exception for DL hotels? There were no exceptions related to the 3-11-11 point restrictions which removes all Disney collection reservations including DL hotels.

The OP already has a Disney Collection reservation that they need to cancel. Those returned points can only be used for another Disney Collection reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!