Question about CA Resident tickets

quiltymom

DIS Veteran
We'll be visiting Disneyland this summer for two days. We'll be going with my family, who still live in California.

Is it possible for them to purchase the California Resident tickets for us, or will they check our ID when they are being purchased? We'd save about $100 if we could do this. Just curious, that's all.

They will ask for i.d. proving that the ticket user is from one of the So.Cal. counties. (At least they did with DBF)

Are you looking for just the tickets for single days, or Annual Passes?

According to the Disney Website (you have to insert a SOCAL zip to see the information), you can get Single Day, 2fers and Park Hopper tickets on one ID. ID's only come in to play when getting AP which then I believe each person may be asked for an ID.

• May purchase up to 8 tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Offer not valid before 01/07/08. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

From the Disneyland website.

We'd just be doing the 2fers (2-day park hoppers). I'd hate to have my sister purchase them and then we cannot use them.

I know that they have purchased them for us before and no one has asked for an ID, but they could've changed their policy since then.

As long as someone in your party has a valid CA ID, they aren't going to ask all of you to produce ID's. In fact, we purchased So Cal 2-fers through the military last year, and when we presented our tickets at the turnstiles they didn't ask for any ID at all. I believe you only have to have ID when you purchase the tickets.

Again according to Disneys own site you will be fine. If you want go to the disneyland website, and go to tickets only, when you click on So Cal tickets it will ask you your zip code, use your sisters or maybe a famous one you know <Hint, Hint 90210> and it will show you the ticket prices. When you click the tickets for information, the quote I posted is right there.

I also know its fine because my Mom bought My Aunt and Cousin tickets a few months ago, my Mom had an AP so only bought two adult tickets, neither of which she personally used and they only asked for her ID.

If the website said something different I would not tell you to try it, but in this case DL has a clear statement so you will be fine. BTW if you are still nervous the same case applies at the ticket window, you can buy up to 8 tickets (not Annual Passes) on one So Cal ID, but I believe they must pay if using a CC.

Good luck and don't worry!

PS- They will never ask for your ID at the turnstile unless they don't think your pass belongs to you (AP's) the only time they will ask is at the ticket window.

Just throwing this out there but you can also purchase so cal park hoppers from Pavilions super markets if your family has one near them. Just look for the giftcard section of the store, there are a ton of theme park passes available for purchase. Albertsons may sell them as well, I can't remember.

I believe they sell both the child and adult passes. This may save you some time in line.

Thanks for all of this information. I know that we've used Knotts tickets that my parents have purchased for us from Ralphs, but with my luck at Disneyland we'd get up to the gate, take one look at my guilty face and ask for my ID! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter