Question about bus from airport to resort.

Mousemom

DIS Veteran
This is the first year that we are not renting a car. When we take the bus from the airport we will each have a carry on. I know that if you check a bag they pick it up and deliver to your room but can we take our carry on on the bus with us? Seems like a silly question but just thought about this.

Yes you can. I always have my Vera bradely weekender with me on the ME. If you have larger bags they can be stored under the bus.

When our flight lands, we get our luggage and take it with us in the airport and keep it with us until we get on the bus (ME). We bring it to the bus driver and watch him put it under the bus. When we get to our resort, we take it from the driver and bring it with us to our resort. REASON WHY: Our daughters luggage was lost when we arrived at our resort and she didn't get it until very late that night..lesson learned. For some reason, it was stored in the resort storage and nobody could find it :confused3

I didn't know we could pick it up if we wanted and put on the bus. I suppose you don't check it with the Magical Express tag and just have it come out with all the other luggage.

I didn't know we could pick it up if we wanted and put on the bus. I suppose you don't check it with the Magical Express tag and just have it come out with all the other luggage.

Yes, we did check it with magical express tags at our home airport, but when we landed we kept our luggage with us. We brought it with us to the magical express waiting area and we stood in line with our luggage, then gave it to the ME driver when we boarded the bus. Actually stood there until he put it under the bus. When we got to our resort, we stood there and watched him get our luggage from under the bus...worked out great...no lost luggage :thumbsup2

I never put the magical express yellow tags on my luggage and I just go down and pick it up on the carosel. I am a control freak so I want my luggage with me.....AND lots of times my room is ready and I can get settled more quickly. If not I keep my bathing suits on top....take em out and check in my luggage at bell services and hang at the pool till my room is ready.
Happy planning
Kerri

edit....BTW on the way home....I am very happy to check my luggage at hotel and not see it again till I arrive in NY:)

We have done it both ways. If we only had one checked bag we just got it ourselves and put it under bus. When we had several we put the tags on them so we were not juggling multiple kids and multiple bags. Luggage was waiting in our room when we were back from the parks that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter