Question about boarding passes on your cell phone

Laz

DIS Veteran
I am still very naive on using electronic boarding passes, so please bear with me. I know how to to use the phone to check in online and receive the boarding pass. My DW had a very old phone and when she flew I used paper boarding passes. Now she has a brand new phone and I want to use the app boarding pass for her as well. After I load the app and get her signed in, I want to be able to check us both in on my phone, but will her electronic boarding pass show up on her phone? Thank you for your help.

Which airline? I can't answer you question, but it knowing the airline may help someone who does as it could be different for each airline.

As an FYI I have seen people use the same phone for more then two people when checking in in JB.

Also if for some reason it does not show up on hers as well you can always print out a paper boarding pass either at home or at an airport kiosk after getting a boarding pass on your phone, so it's not like you are out of luck if it doesn't work on hers

When we fly AA, my husband just displays both boarding passes on his phone.

I think when we flew SW, he sent me a screenshot of my boarding pass? And I used that.

It would be Delta. Another question. Can I check in with the Delta app if I am flying with a code share airline. We have a trip to Europe planned. We fly over on Delta, but fly back on KLM to Atlanta. Last leg is back on Delta.

We fly AA and I almost always check-in my wife and I on my phone (because she hates dealing with it). When I check-in and select electronic boarding pass, it gives me an option to email my wife her boarding pass. Once she receives the email, she opens it and then puts the boarding pass in her "Wallet" and I do the same with my boarding pass.

So, you can check you and your DW in but you will have to send her her boarding pass.

It would be Delta. Another question. Can I check in with the Delta app if I am flying with a code share airline. We have a trip to Europe planned. We fly over on Delta, but fly back on KLM to Atlanta. Last leg is back on Delta.
You should be able to. If you can’t, the option to check in with the app will not show up.

On Delta if you’re both on the same reservation you can swipe left/right to scan both boarding passes from the same device. I do this with my daughter. You can also screenshot the pass and text it to the other party to use on their own phone.

You can use the Delta app to get the boarding pass for a code share. I have this set up now for a KLM flight in September.

I still use paper boarding passes. That's because one time, when I tried to use electronic, the boarding passes didn't "show up right", so they had problems at the gate and were going to send me back to have them printed out until I reached into my purse and pulled out the paper ones.

Flying Delta, I was able to do both of our boarding passes on my passes for my Mom and myself. I believe I also send hers to her, but I can pull both up on my app and scan them both. She prefers a paper copy, so I usually also have a paper copy too.

When doing online check in for SWA it will ask you if you want electronic passes. I save them as a picture and have the picture scanned at security and at the gate.

With Frontier I check in for my entire party and get all boarding passes at once. I just swipe to get to each additional one. I would think with any airline if you bought the tickets together they would all come up.

We fly AA and I almost always check-in my wife and I on my phone (because she hates dealing with it). When I check-in and select electronic boarding pass, it gives me an option to email my wife her boarding pass. Once she receives the email, she opens it and then puts the boarding pass in her "Wallet" and I do the same with my boarding pass.

So, you can check you and your DW in but you will have to send her her boarding pass.
this is how we do it as well. I have all the boarding passes loaded on my phone, but the others have theirs on their phone.

I usually just email my family member via the phone and they have it. Also, I take a picture and send. I always take a picture in case the wifi isn't working correctly. The picture can also (and I have) used for boarding.

On SW I have never been able to get my daughter’s boarding pass on the app. Only mine. She doesn’t have an account and we always book together. It will only let me have mine on the app for some reason.

My experience with SW. If all flights in my group are under one confirmation number, only I could get a boarding pass on my phone. When I booked separately under multiple confirmation numbers, each person had a boarding pass sent to their phone.

I usually do a screenshot of each boarding pass and text them to each of my family members so they have it on their phone. They can then save it to their pictures and just pull that up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter