Question about babies that were born with dark hair then turned blonde..

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
HI DIS friends,

I have a question about babies that are born with dark hair and then turn blonde. I have this many a time wherein this happens.

When does this happen? One month of age or two months, or later? Does the dark hair fall out or the new blonde hair grows in?

Thanks!

I was born with very dark hair. My mom said I lost most of it and it grew back in very blonde, and I am still a natural blonde to this day. One of my twins was born with very dark hair and it did not fall out but has gradually turned lighter the older she has gotten. Now I would classify her hair as dark blonde.

My youngest dd was born with a head full of dark hair and now she is a little blondie! :sunny: When she was around 6 months old her dark hair fell out and the blonde came in.

All 5 of mine were born with lots of dark hair, 3 of them turned blonde.

The boys lost most of their hair by 5-6 months and the new hair came in blonde. My DD never seemed to lose her hair it just got lighter and lighter. I really don't remember the age but by 2 she was blonde. Her hair was very long I could put it in 2 pony tails by the time she was 9 months.

The other 2 girls never really lost their hair either, they just stayed dark though.

I was born with an insane amount of pitch black hair. By about 6 months it was turning lighter. By the time I was 10 or 11 months it was completely blonde. My hair never fell out, at all. Then around age 6 or so my hair got dark again. It's now a dark brown with all different colors of natural highlights in it.

My niece is dirty blonde, but she was born with black hair. Her hair never fell out, it just lightened a whole lot as she got older. She's 3 now and I would say that it started lightening when she was a few months old.

I was born with black hair, then it turned dark blonde when I was a toddler and dark brown when I was about 5. It ended up staying that color.

My DD was born with dark hair and is now a blonde. It just seems to get lighter every year. I don't think it ever fell out and grew back blonde, just got lighter.

DS was born with a little bit of light blond hair. His hair just gradually got darker until it's medium brown now at 4 -- lighter in summer, darker in winter.

DD was born with a decent amount of very dark brown hair. After she was born, her hair gradually fell out and the hair that grew in was a bit lighter, still brown but more medium-dark brown.

Now, with DD 16 mos. old and DS 4 years old, the two kids have close to the same hair color -- DD's may be a few shades darker.

BTW, DS has lighter skin and eyes (takes after my side) and DD has darker skin and eyes (takes after DH's side), so their hair color has been in keeping with the dominant genes in each of their coloring.

I was born with a full head of jet black hair, my mom said it fell out at about 2 or 3 months old, and came in blonde, the color it remained. Strangly enough, my father was born with blonde hair, which eventually turned jet black as he got older. :confused3

My youngest son was born with jet black hair. It gradually lightened up...he never lost any hair. He is now almost 3 and he has a head full of medium blonde hair.

My son was born with dark bushy hair and it all fell out by the time he was about 2 months old. It grew in blonde. He is the only blonde in our family. MIL was a blonde as a child though so who knows where it came from. He was bald for a long time after his hair fell out and it finally grew in when he was about 2.

All my DD's were born with long dark hair. None of them lost any hair and all of them lightened up with 2 VERY blond and one sandyblond. I would say for them it took about 6-8 months to fully tell what color it would stay. My 2nd DD who is darker blond even turned shades of red before lightening up to sandyblond.

My DD, 2, was born with really dark hair and dark eyes. We decided she would be Juliana if she was dark and Alison if she was blond. We named her Juliana, and low and behold all her hair turned blond, and the eyes turned blue. It didn't fall out...it just seemed like I washed more color out everytime I washed her hair. Now I look at her sometimes and think she's supposed to be named Alison ;)

Madison was born with black hair, a decent amount of it, and it stayed that way but gradually got lighter around 4 months old (I think the 3 weeks in Florida did it!). When it started getting lighter it was the same length/amount as when she was born, just lighter, like a medium brown now instead of black. Then around 7 months it all started to fall out. She went from having hair to practically bald in literally a few days. I actually called her ped. cause I had never seen clumps of a baby's hair fall out like that-when she woke up in the morning you could make a new baby with the hair left in her crib. As it grew back in it was much lighter and thinner. Now her hair is a really light brown, lots of blond in it.

My niece, OTOH, was also born with really dark brown hair (though lighter than my daughter's) and it all fell out between 2 and 3 months, to the point that she was totally bald. It started to grow back in around 4 months and it was blond. It was really blond for about 2.5 years and now it's more of a dirty blond, but still blond (she'll be 4 on Monday).

My DD was born with medium brown hair. It didn't fall out in clumps or anything, but when she was around 1, I noticed that she was getting blonder and blonder. it was quite a surprise--DH and I are both quite dark, my dad was Italian, so although it was "in the genes", we jsut never thought it could really happen. She got medium blonde with highlights, what I call butterscotch, but now it's darkening again. She has blonde highlights to die for, if you're into that kind of thing, though (I'm not--they would look completely fake and silly on me, but would look gorgeous on someone with lighter coloring). But it's kind of funny, because she has hazel eyes--everyone else has dark brown--and she's thin and dances, so our running joke is "who in the fire department does she look like". Certainly neither of us.

Her brother and sister were both born with tons of black hair. Although DS's lightens up considerably in the summer, you would call him a brunette no question. But, he gets such nice highlights, too--what a waste! And if he takes after my dad, by 30, he'll be really hairy, from the neck down. He should really appreciate it while he's got it!

My dd was born with black hair. I wasn't surprised it was dark, both dh and I have dk. brown hair (well, dh used to have dk. brown hair, lol). But I was surprised that it was darker than either of us. Although Ash didn't ever go completely bald she did lose all her hair within three months or so and the hair that came in was considerably lighter. And it gradually got lighter until she was a dirty blond. Stayed that color for several years but when she hit middle school it started to darken and now it's dk. brown. BTW, she has had black, very black, eyebrows all her life. Looked funny when she was a blond, lol.

DD was born with looong, dark hair, which just grew and stayed the same, except for the streaks of white that started appearing a couple of years ago. (She's 21) DH's hair was salt & pepper at age 30, and it started getting white at around 40.

DS was born with black hair which started falling out at around 2 months, grew in blonde, and darkened. It's been dark brown since around age 6.

Both of mine were born with dark hair. Some of it fell out - enough to make them look like they had receding hairlines! DS went blond, DD went sandy blond with some red. Now, DD is 13 months and she is getting in big patches of white blond hair. We're so surprised and wondering if it is a fluke or if she's going to go that light. For so long we thought she might even turn out to be a redhead!

DD was born with fiery red hair that turned pale blonde by the time she was 6 months old. Her eyes appeared green when she was a toddler but were a beautiful shade of blue by the time she started school. Weird stuff. :confused3

hiya i was born with jet black hair and it stayed that way till i was one, now its blonde, my mum thinks its because we moved around alot of warm countrys, and it lightened it, it grows light now, though i still have jet black eye lashes and eye brows wierd huh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter