Question about Arriving at port

DisneyUD

Earning My Ears
Two quick questions about our upcoming July cruise!

1) we are taking happy limo from the airport to a hotel neat port the day before. What are your suggestions for tipping? There will be six of us with luggage.

2) we are staying at country inn and suites the night before. There is a service that will take us to port the day of our cruise. Has anyone used this before? If so, what do we need to do and what time can we request to go to port?

This will be our third cruise, and first time not using Disney Transfers. Thank you in advance for all your help!

As tipping is always subjective, I would say what is comfortable for you. Is the limo driver loading/unloading bags? That would drive me to tip a bit more. I took a $100 town car trip in Vegas. The driver met 2 of us at baggage claim in the airport, took our 2 bags to the car, gave us good restaurant advice during the drive and unloaded our bags at the hotel. I tipped him $20. Enjoy your cruise!

Two quick questions about our upcoming July cruise!

1) we are taking happy limo from the airport to a hotel neat port the day before. What are your suggestions for tipping? There will be six of us with luggage.

2) we are staying at country inn and suites the night before. There is a service that will take us to port the day of our cruise. Has anyone used this before? If so, what do we need to do and what time can we request to go to port?

This will be our third cruise, and first time not using Disney Transfers. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Check to make sure that they don't already include a 20% tip. Most of the car services charge that automatically when they leave the Orlando area. Most of the websites state that a certain tip amount will be applied for out of area trips. I know that Tiffany Towncar had that included in the quote they sent us.

Check to make sure that they don't already include a 20% tip. Most of the car services charge that automatically when they leave the Orlando area. Most of the websites state that a certain tip amount will be applied for out of area trips. I know that Tiffany Towncar had that included in the quote they sent us.
Is the gratuity included in the fare?

Yes and no! All local transfers do not have gratuity included in the fare. We recommend you tip your chauffer 20% of the total fare, however it is always at your discretion. All charters(hourly rentals) and out of town transfers will have a 20% gratuity added automatically.
Thats from the happy limo website for the ones wondering

Is the gratuity included in the fare?

Yes and no! All local transfers do not have gratuity included in the fare. We recommend you tip your chauffer 20% of the total fare, however it is always at your discretion. All charters(hourly rentals) and out of town transfers will have a 20% gratuity added automatically.
Thats from the happy limo website for the ones wondering

Yes, I saw that when checking rates recently. I believe Port Canaveral is considered out of town. So the rate does not include the tip, but it will be added. I emailed Tiffany Towncar and this is their response on the tip for round trip to the port:

"The rate for the towncar is $236.00 plus 20% gratuity, the mini van is $266.00 plus 20% gratuity, van is $290.00 plus 20% gratuity & SUV is $280.00 plus 20% gratuity. Thank you"

So I would double check. Tiffany is charging 20% tip over the rate automatically. Not sure whether Happy Limo considers the port out of town, but Tiffany does.

Yes, I saw that when checking rates recently. I believe Port Canaveral is considered out of town. So the rate does not include the tip, but it will be added. I emailed Tiffany Towncar and this is their response on the tip for round trip to the port:

"The rate for the towncar is $236.00 plus 20% gratuity, the mini van is $266.00 plus 20% gratuity, van is $290.00 plus 20% gratuity & SUV is $280.00 plus 20% gratuity. Thank you"

So I would double check. Tiffany is charging 20% tip over the rate automatically. Not sure whether Happy Limo considers the port out of town, but Tiffany does.
Yea I assumed that they would consider the port to be out of town and would automatically include gratuity. I will be getting ahold of them here soon to book my own transfers so if that isn't correct I will be sure to come back and update.

Thank you for all the help! Has anyone used Country Inn and suites shuttle to port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter