Question about adding a day?

disneydreamkate

DIS Veteran
We will be leaving for our trip three weeks from Wednesday on 1/23 and driving down from WNY. We have done it before this time of year, but since the weather can be iffy, I am allowing us a little extra time to get there. Our resort package begins Friday 1/25. If we have clear weather the whole way, we could get to AKL by Thursday evening around dinner time. What are my chances of snagging our room a day early? What is the best way to go about it? Should I call on Thursday early if I know we're making good time? Just wondering if anyone has done this before. :confused3

At the end of January, I don't think you'll have any problem getting a room a day early. However, I would call when you know for sure you're going to make it early and find out. This way you have time to make other arrangements before you arrive at dinner time to be told there's no room at the Inn(or lodge).

Thanks. I am hoping because it is a slow time that a room in our price category will be available. We have a pool view room booked, and I know that there aren't many compared to how many Savannah rooms there are. We are definitely not going there, as they are way out of our price range. If need be, I am okay staying at another resort. I could even save a little money staying at a value. :thumbsup2

We've done this several times. Usually we end up calling on the way down but sometimes the day before we leave.

We tend to travel in the off season so rooms are available but not always at the discounted rate. We had one stay where we had the choice of AS Music at full price or CB with a room only discount so we stayed at CB - it was marginally more $$ but fun to stay somewhere new (and I don't like to pay rack rate!)

This trip were supposed to go down on the 6th but called yesterday to change it to the 5th. They didn't have any AP discounted rooms at AS Music for the 5th (except suites) - I did find a discounted room at AS Sports so we're staying there the first night. Checking out early and heading over to AS Music for the rest of the trip. I plan on packing one bag for the first night with everything we'll need so we don't have to carry everything in. I've indicated via online check in that we expect to be at AS Music by 7 am so maybe (with a bit of pixie dust) they'll have our room ready so we can drop all of the stuff and go to the parks.

Basically yes, call on the way - have in mind what you're willing to pay and a plan "B" in terms of places to stay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter