Question about a Cat 12

Blythep

Always ready to go to Disney
It will be hubby and my first cruise and I am trying to determine if it is worth it to book a cat 11 or 10 over a 12. Since we don't have anything to compare it to, we are thinking that a cat 12 will be just fine. My question is - are the cat 12s ok? Will we regret not paying the difference? Please give me your opionions. It will save us about 120.00 between a 10 and 12. Thanks,

I have never been in a cat 10...always a 12 or 11. For me there is nothing wrong with these rooms. We hardly spend any time in the room anyway. There is always something to do on the ship. Keep the extra money you save for booking the cat 12 and use it for excursions or merchandise on the ship :thumbsup2

The 11 & 12s are the same sized stateroom. The main difference is that the 12s only sleep 3 and each category is in a different location on the ship.

I would personally book a 12.. there are very few 12's on board and a good chance you'll be upgraded from a 12 to at least an 11 anyway! We hardly ever spend any time in there but to sleep and change!

We've stayed in a Cat 4, three times and cat 3 once and the last time DW and I had a cat 11. We found it to be just fine. I do admit, I missed beable to see out a window and know where we were and what the outside weather looked like, but we were very, very comfortable. And if you're going for an 11, try to get a "side ways" cabin, really seems very spacious.

Doesn't the upgrade apply more to people with more than 3 in the room since a cat 12 doesn't hold 4 people? It will be just hubby and I so we will fit into a 12. I don't want to book with the anticipation of it not being upgraded. Maybe because it is our 20th anniversary will help?? :love: :lovestruc :rolleyes1 ::yes::

we booked at cat 12 because we wanted to save $$. We were upgraded to an 11 on deck 7. I don't mind that we have an inside cabin this time. It is just DH and myself and no DS, so the verandah will have to wait until our next cruise.

Blythep said:
Doesn't the upgrade apply more to people with more than 3 in the room since a cat 12 doesn't hold 4 people? It will be just hubby and I so we will fit into a 12. I don't want to book with the anticipation of it not being upgraded. Maybe because it is our 20th anniversary will help?? :love: :lovestruc :rolleyes1 ::yes::

There really is no fixed reasoning for up grades. There seem to be countless variations of peoples' experiences and the circumstances change from sailing to sailing. Always book a cabin you know you can be happy in and if an upgrade comes, it's bonus magic.

There are only 13 cat 12 cabins. Even with only 3 people in a room you have a good chance of being upgraded to at least an 11 and maybe even higher. Remember however that cat 11 and cat 12 rooms do not have the split bath so if that is something you want be sure to book a cat 10 or higher.
Also a little warning...we booked 2 cat 12s for our family of 6 on our upcoming cruise, we were upgraded to 2 cat 10s directly under the nightclub. Judging from a recent thread on these boards, this seems to be a common practice of DCL. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...the noisy room won't bother us, but if you had small children or like to turn in early, it could be a major problem.

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!