Query from a friend...........

Janice

Super Shopper
...she has a confirmed booking to Euro Disney on June 11th for 5 days - departing on 15th travelling via Eurostar.

She has received notification today saying that Eurostar has withdrawn it's services on 15th - and will be informed next week of the alternative travelling details.

She booked with www.disneylandparis.com

Anyone else had this, heard of this or have any ideas what she might have to do?

Thanks.

Sounds like bad news. I've not heard any specific details, but there a number of strikes by public sector workers in France at the moment (I think they are concerned about plans to reduce their pensions) so perhaps it's that. Last time this happened Eurostar were not affected, but maybe this time?.

As Eurostar is the most convenient way to get to DLP (if you're based in the south east), whatever alternative plans are put in place are bound to be a more difficult journey :( Can your friend ask for the date of travel to be delayed by a day or two?

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob - I'll let her see what you've said and see where she can go from there!

I'll let youknow if I hear what happens next!

There is no eurostar running on 15th June due to Emergency engineering works atashford! As far as i know any1 who booked the whole package thru disney direct should of received a call from them a month ago to adv them of the options available to them!!

I had a reply back from my friend today who said that she was offered a Coach return journey as an alternative. As they have a 2 year old - they didnt cherish the thought of all those hours on a coach so politely refused the offer and asked for an alternative suggestion...............they have had their holiday extended by an extra day, including the hotel costs and meal vouchers. They will now return on Eurostar the next day. The only thing not included is an extra day Parks tickets - which they are not worried about, they are happy to spend the time at the pool and are now really happy with the arrangements.

Thanks for the help and advice.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter