Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

My area of expertise would be historic preservation. I absolutely drool over historic homes! When we lived near Annapolis, MD I actually took a class through the Historic Annapolis Foundation to learn more about the homes there. That’s where I learned terms such as header bond and Flemish bond and the difference between them. Exciting stuff! When I hit Powerball I’m buying a ‘named’ historic home in Annapolis that’s on the register. I know which ones I am interested in, so I’ll just walk up to each door with a basket of cash, hand it to them and say “Get out”, and see if I have any takers!

My area of expertise would be historic preservation. I absolutely drool over historic homes! When we lived near Annapolis, MD I actually took a class through the Historic Annapolis Foundation to learn more about the homes there. That’s where I learned terms such as header bond and Flemish bond and the difference between them. Exciting stuff! When I hit Powerball I’m buying a ‘named’ historic home in Annapolis that’s on the register. I know which ones I am interested in, so I’ll just walk up to each door with a basket of cash, hand it to them and say “Get out”, and see if I have any takers!

Psst, everybody be on the lookout for AlohaNow wandering about Annapolis with a basket of cash!

There are some beautiful houses in town, that's for sure! Get one w/ a helicopter pad so you can move around and avoid 50 Thur-Mon April thru Oct:crazy2:

There are some beautiful houses in town, that's for sure! Get one w/ a helicopter pad so you can move around and avoid 50 Thur-Mon April thru Oct:crazy2:

Hmmm, off-street parking is hard enough to come by there! But I'll have Powerball money, so I'll see what I can do.

A named home comes on the market so freakishly infrequently there, hence my 'literally throw money at them' strategy!

I would love to be an expert in British history. I love to read about it and find it fascinating. If I could pick a career over again, I would become a librarian and maybe I could specialize in the subject.
Have you read any of Lucy Worsley's books, or caught any of her specials on PBS? If These Walls Could Talk, The Courtiers - ugh I can't recall the other(s) - something about Murder. I highly recommend. I also just picked up a book about the plague - written from the perspective of a house maid/nurse who kept a diary of sorts - during the 1600's. I hope it's good!

Hi all,

I'm not feeling well and home resting. Having flare up I don't appreciate. Nothing really to report. I laid on the couch watching Sweet Magnolia on Netflix (super cute) and read today. I hope everyone is well.

Gratitudes:
Hot tea
Electric heating pads
Chocolate

Question of the day: 5/28: Is your home decorated "finished?"

I was reading another discussion about decorating and thinking how I feel like I'm always trying to finish a room to get it decorated.
I don't know I'll ever be done. My house is super pretty but one of these days I should probably put some pictures on the wall and I need to buy some new living room furniture and make my room look pretty. What about ya'll?

Goofy - I hope you are feeling tons better by tomorrow!

Our place is decidedly non-finished! But it's working for us at the moment. We are going on being here 6 years, almost a record for us! We are starting to look around and contemplate addtions/remodels. Two out of the ordinary features of our home are a true wrap around porch that goes entirely around the house (even the attached in-law suite), and the fact that the house has 3 fireplaces - one wood, one wood burning stove, one gas and three additional fire places outside - one gas, 2 wood. I have never lived in a house without a real wood fireplace!

Feel better, Tina!

I live in an apartment so no house to decorate. I did rearrange some furniture recently which worked out well :)

Thursday gratitude:

Feeling so much better from Tuesday night. I never did call my dentist's office but will on Monday.
Dad was able to get both Campbell's Chicken Broth and a Case of Aquafina at Smart and Final.
Nice PM's with a fellow Dis-er and a sweet email from another friend.

I was reading another discussion about decorating and thinking how I feel like I'm always trying to finish a room to get it decorated.
I don't know I'll ever be done. My house is super pretty but one of these days I should probably put some pictures on the wall and I need to buy some new living room furniture and make my room look pretty. What about ya'll?

Finished.......

Hope tomorrow is a better day Tina,
We have been in our house over 10 years and did put a new deck on along with roof, windows and furnace. Needed but not things people really see. Now , I’m ready to repaint rooms and get some furniture in my dining room.
It’s been a playroom for the kids.
Funny story : years ago, Home Depot ( I think it was here) had Disney paint.
When doing my oldest son’s bedroom we painted 2 walls dark royal blue that had windows and I wanted a light blue for the other 2 walls. The paint was called : Cinderella ball gown. So we renamed it : Bad A** blue

Tina, sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope tomorrow is better.

Our local library announced that they are going to start contactless pickup June 10 with details to be announced soon. While I'll miss browsing for my next read, can't wait for some new books. Today I returned a big stack of books and DVDs. Then hit the ATM, Acme, and Home Depot.

Dinner was grillers, the rest of the potato salad from Monday, and DH had left over corn on the cob while I made myself a salad.

I have never been much of a decorator. I think we have a nice home. We've been here 32 years. Have repainted some rooms and others need it. We are on our second or third couch and really need to replace. There are pictures on all the walls but I am not much for trinkets and knick knacks. Did redo the kitchen floors and counters 2-3 years ago. And made DD's former room into a guest room. By this age of a house, there is always something to be repaired or repainted or replaced.

Gratitudes:
Previously mentioned wax strips.
Able to buy seeds for the garden.
Library to start loaning books again.

((huggles))

It's as finished as I want it to be for now. Eventually I'd like more wall decor, and I have yet to put the pictures up on the walls since we moved in in December. For the wall decor, I found some really awesome abstract on metal that both DH and I can agree on; it's just a matter of figuring out exactly where to put more and then getting it, lol. This is the one I have up on on the wall beside the tv.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LS91Y9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for dinner yesterday, we had burgers and fries. skipped the veg, I'm sorry to say, because I was lazy (unless you count the grilled onions and mushrooms and pickles on the burgers, haha).

Last edited:
Oh my, what a question! We bought this house 16 years ago. It's about 100 years old, and we got it for a god price because it needed work due to age and having been a student rental. We were up for it and had grand plans. Well... We've managed to get the rooms painted, and as we had a pipe burst all the downstairs floors were refinished courtesy of the homeowner's insurance. However, we aren't "decorated" in any way, shape, or form. We have bookcases that are full of books (instead of pictures/vases/etc), random pictures propped up on the mantlepiece, and none of the furniture matches. We are comfortably well-lived in. I would DIE to get all our stuff out and really decorate: Curtains, rugs, furniture in the same color palette, woodwork painted really nicely, all DH's office stuff upstairs in an office instead of occupying about 1/3 of the family room, etc. Oh well... it's still a good house, and we've been mostly happy here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter