Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@dazedx3 I am glad the mystery of the guy at the door was resolved. I was hoping it was something like that which is scary at the time but at least you know what happened.

Good morning. 34 degrees and getting warmer today. I spent so much time packing up boxes and doing other moving related stuff yesterday that my left ankle was a bit sore and I had trouble sleeping. A couple of tylenol did the trick I feel better this morning. I think I will not pack up stuff today. I am making a mac and cheese to drop off at Kennys tomorrow as I have a therapist appt in his area. Plus I will make a chicken noodle soup, the quick kind with rotisserie chicken.

I am looking for a town house as one floor living is not for me, at least not yet. There are some one floor places that have their own entrances, a lower level with a family room and a deck off the back which I would consider. The main thing is I want my own entrance into a place, a deck out back, some green space for the grandkids to play and for me to watch birds, squirrels, etc. I don't want the hotel suite or apartment building feeling I have now. A garage is also a necessity.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning, all!

No huge plans for today - watching a show I DVR'd, a small grocery run, and Zoom poetry class at 1:00.

I got to visit with a neighbor yesterday - went over to use her dryer, and it was nice to stay and chat. We're walking buddies in the summer, but this time of year the weather and her work schedule (she's a teacher) don't cooperate with that, so we get fewer chances to hang out. It was nice to catch up!

Good morning. Cloudy now, but 44 degrees, says it will go up to 45, so I don't think we'll feel much difference.

Lowe's texted last night with a delivery time for today. 8:30-12:30. I bet we're at the 12:30 end, always seems to work that way. Just got another one saying it was loaded on the truck. So at least I know it's on the way.

Don has to get bloodwork done today to see if the increase in 4 of his meds is improving things or making them worse. I say worse, since his kidneys are acting up again, which only happened after the fluid pill was increased by 50%, and 3 other meds by at least 25%. I think it's too much for his body to handle. I told Don to drop the lasix back to 40 mg and see if it makes a difference or not. I am not happy with this cardiologist. He's fairly new to the bunch of cardiologists we have at our hospital, but he worked in Baltimore for years and years. I think it's time to consider changing to a different one. Don just goes along with whatever they say, I question everything, and it's proven to be beneficial in more than one instance.

I managed to get the floors vacuumed and washed yesterday and did the rugs. Today I want to wash some of the windows. The cats tend to put little nose prints in a lot of them when they sit there to watch the birds and squirrels.

Nothing else going on around here.

Have a nice day

disney+world+in+february.jpeg

Good Monday morning.:sunny:

Working from home today, thankfully! I didn't go to bed until 2:30, I just couldn't fall asleep 😳. I woke up Sunday morning at 6:30 and stayed up. That was my problem. I fell asleep on the couch around 8:00, my neck started hurting because I was sitting up so I went back to bed at 9:00 and slept until 11:30!!! Should not have done that but I couldn't keep my eyes opened.😴

Met up with Evan, Mia, Mitchell and Erin for dinner last night. It was fun, Mia was awake the whole time so I made Mitchell finally hold her. She's out of premie clothes now so of course Grandma had to go buy her some new clothes and sleepers.:love:

Saturday Jacob came over to patch some nail holes in the spare bedroom (he didn't, couldn't find the patch stuff). Talked with him and Livia for a while, they were headed to lunch for her birthday. After they left I just ran down to Meijer to get cat food. :cat:

Watched a movie on Netflix Saturday night, it's called Hatchi. My sister recommended it. It's about a dog and she assured me nothing happens to the dog. Well I cried the entire last hour of the movie!😥 Events that happened affected the dog which was sad. It's based on a true story and there is a statue of Hatchi in Japan.:dog:

That's it for me (I think), headed to the kitchen to make myself some eggs and toast. Have a great day! :wave:

Good Morning!

I also love the pretty 🌸picture, Lynn, thank you! 🙏continuing extra for Don. I hope Lowe's is prompt with their 🚚

Snowysmom:hug:one step at a time! Please take care of yourself! No injuries please!

:cheer2:for a nice neighbor visit, PollyannaMom! I'm so glad you do have a walking friend, too!

Footballmouse, just :lovestrucfor Baby Mia and truly she is so blessed by YOU!

Dad, by now, may be meeting Terri at Costco. I'm so grateful that she's helping him join and that she will also get a $10 Costco gift card. I also admire dad for being courageous and making a hearing center appointment for some time to come while he's at Costco today. I'm so thankful, of course, still and forever what a nice birthday had and how blessed we were extra to get to celebrate together.

Carol, I really enjoyed worship from yesterday. You know a more kid-centered service always brings me extra joy. Great sermon too.

Stay warm and be well everyone. Do something fun or relaxing today! Have a good Monday. I will check back later.

Last edited:
Hello all!

I don't think I am going to visiting here as much as when we started the thread. I'll try not to disappear completely but I find I spend too much time on the computer when there are other things to do.

In March 2020, I was very grateful to have this group to keep me moderately sane when the world shut down. Now that things are as close to normal as they will ever be, I just find it difficult to get here daily. So don't think I don't care, I do.

I will check in from time to time but don't want to feel guilty when I don't.

:grouphug:Carol, you just be well, happy, and know always we care. You will always be a Quacker🐥❤️

All went well for dad at Costco. He got to see Terri and is now a Costco member. He was :scared1:at how crazily crowded Costco was right when they opened. He did make a hearing center appointment for later this month🙏appreciated on that. Grateful to God extra, dad is safely home and we're having a quiet afternoon, hoping 📬will come later today.

Have a good rest of the day, friends.

Carol… no worries. Stop by when you want to. I don’t post all the time, I have to be in the right mood, especially these days. This group will always be here for you when you want to stop by. We know you care and we don’t want this group to add any undo stress for anyone.

Carol Drop by for a visit when you can. Life does get busy and it is hard to find time.

@flyingdumbo127 Glad Costco worked out for your Dad.

It is a chilly morning at 27 degrees. I have my therapist appt today so out to Kenny's area for a bit. My mac and cheese came out really yummy so he and the kids will enjoy it. The chicken noodle soup is OK, not great but edible.

I talked with the moving company yesterday and did a zoom meeting where he could see what I had to pack and move. I got an estimate for moving my stuff to Kenny's and then from Kenny's to wherever I go in the area. I am going to book and probably try to move March 31. Then after that I have 4 weeks to move the stuff from here that I want to move, clean out the fridge and food cabinet, the kids can fix the wall where the TV is now, and I can have the condo cleaned and ready for the owner. I don't want to be rushed. If I find a place in the meantime I can change the move date if I close on a new place before April 28 when I have to be out of the condo. Kenny would still like me to live with him for a long period of time but I am not sure that I could. I have a bit of anxiety after going to his house right after Chris passed and lived with the family for 9 months. Sounds silly but it is what it is. I would like the best of both worlds, have my own place and when I get lonely be able to go to see Kenny and even stay a night or 2 if I want. He may not be able to keep the house but if I lived there I could help him out. I just don't know if that is the right thing. Jeff is adamant that I do what is right for me and that Kenny needs to figure things out. But, I am a mom who wants the best for my kids. The court date has been moved out to May which seems odd to me since they could get a court date in December in one month. I am just suspicious.

Off to work. Have a good day.

...I talked with the moving company yesterday and did a zoom meeting where he could see what I had to pack and move. I got an estimate for moving my stuff to Kenny's and then from Kenny's to wherever I go in the area. I am going to book and probably try to move March 31. Then after that I have 4 weeks to move the stuff from here that I want to move, clean out the fridge and food cabinet, the kids can fix the wall where the TV is now, and I can have the condo cleaned and ready for the owner. I don't want to be rushed. If I find a place in the meantime I can change the move date if I close on a new place before April 28 when I have to be out of the condo.
I think that sounds like a good plan.

My day should hopefully be pretty simple. - Zoom class later this morning, and then maybe sneaker shopping with DS. Dinner at DH's Lodge tonight.

It's nice to see blue sky ☀️ (May get a bit of snow tonight, but I'll take it for now!)

Good morning all. 50's today, then 60's the next 2. No chance of precipitation.

@Breezy_Carol We will miss seeing you regularly, but we will always be here for you when you want to stop and visit. Once a member of the Quacker family, you're a member for life!

Don is supposed to get blood work done today, but he's still not feeling great so I don't know if that's going to happen or not. Supposedly you can get someone from the hospital to come and do it at home, but the last time we tried that, after 2 weeks, they called and said they didn't have the people to spare and that it would be a month longer. He can't wait that long to see if the increased meds are working, or causing the problems he's experiencing.
I may or may not go shopping with my Sister in law.

One of my grandson's works for a company that puts up cell towers and maintains them, and works on electric lines. Summer sent me this picture yesterday. He's crazy! It's not a part of the job he has to do yet, but he had to take the training when it was offered. He's crazy!!!

Have a great day everyone

1675777551327.jpeg

PANDORA

0F519F2B-4711-4645-A1DB-7D1ED87BC36B-1080x810.jpg

Happy Tuesday!pooh:

Took Mitchell to get his car that was in the shop yesterday. While I was out, I stopped and returned some things at Burlington and Kohl's.💵

Made pork chops, carrots and fried noodles for dinner and my aunt stopped by and took a plate home. I felt bad for not making dinner the past few weeks so I told her that I would actually cook yesterday. Had a lot of noodles left over and Evan was working in the area so he stopped by and took the rest.

Watched NCIS last night and some reruns earlier in the night. I also caught a couple of YouTube videos from people that I follow, they were able to ride the new Tron coaster in Magic Kingdom. Looked pretty neat but a very short ride.🎢

Supposed to be in the 50's all week but raining all week 🌧️. Oh well, I work this weekend and I'll be sleeping during the day so it won't affect me.

Have a great day! :wave:

@Breezy_Carol, I’m glad I caught your post, I understand spending “ too much“ time on the computer. I am guilty.

Here, it’s a beautiful day. Last night my left hand gave me a lot of pain, so I called my hand Dr who can see me tomorrow. When I had carpal tunnel surgery done on my right hand in September, he had said something about my left hand. I didn’t pay attention because it never gave me problems. Over the past week, it has been tingling, falling asleep in a way. So happy he can see me so quickly.

I have been reading more than usual. Meg Mitchell Moore’s “Vacationland” kept me busy yesterday. It had been recommended on the Reading Challenge here. I enjoyed it.

@Snowysmom , sounds like a good timetable, good for you!

Happy Tuesday, everyone from still chilly LA,

Blessed new day, for which, of course, I am grateful. Thinking about my elderly friend Shirley who passed away last week. It sounds like her Memorial service might be held at the end of the month, perhaps on her birthdate. She would like that. I last saw her pre Covid in early March, 2020. We along wirh a small group of others celebrated her birthday and that of our friend Ruth, whose birthday is next week, together. That will always mean a lot to me. I believe my grandma just might enjoy with Shirley some birthday cake. Definitely remember to let those you care for and love know that you do. Please don't wait to do so.

No 📬again yesterday making it only once, last Friday, during the past week+ that we have received any. We do seem to get packages through the mail just not expected cards and other smaller items. Maybe today. Appreciate still and always all deliveries and those who bring them.

Dad will soon be off to the laundromat and Ralphs. To any of you that also buy Aquafina water like we do, Rite Aid is offering again this week a good deal on a 24 case. When you purchase 2 cases at $5.49 each, you get $5 back in what they call Bonus Cash to use on a future purchase. We did that last week and will try to do so again today. Every penny sure adds up and counts!

Snowysmom, continuing 🙏that you do find a place close to where Kenny lives. How ideal ITA it would be to have your own space while also being in close proximity to your son and grandkids. Follow your heart, my friend, and in all ways know God is with and leading you. Of course, all of us, your Quacker family care so much, too!

Enjoy your class, PollyannaMom. Dad needs to get himself some new 👟There's a small local chain of shoe stores out here called Off Broadway. When you are signed up for their rewards, you get $10 during your birthday month. We tend to prefer Skecher's Outlet Stores but for a free $10 discount, dad will be checking out sometime this month the shoe selection, including, Skechers at Off Broadway. May your son find some comfortable new shoes at a good price today. I hope your dinner will be tasty tonight. So glad you and your DH are able to get together with friends for a meal :)

:grouphug:Lynn and bigtime prayers for both you and Don. Concerned about him. Grandma briefly had an in home nurse come check on her a few times following a couple falls. I think they did monitor blood pressure and sugar levels, too. Don should absolutely not, ever, need to wait so long to find out whether medication needs to be readjusted especially since he hasn't been feeling well now for several days. 🙏and always Quacker family support. I love your words to Carol and totally agree.

Footballmouse, 🙏Mitchell's :car:is running well. I hope you did enjoy 📺last night, too. Thank you as always for making a kind difference to your aunt. The two of you are indeed blessed to have each other.

Bobbiwoz, :grouphug: and doctor appointment prayers for you tomorrow! Post when you can and know you matter to us all. We care!

Off to soon do some safe at home online 🛍️Have a good day, friends. I will check back in later.

Good afternoon all. Low 40's here but not that uncomfortable.

I have had a busy week so far. I had the foot dr, yesterday and I definitely had a stress fracture in my ankle from the fall in November. It should be OK in a few more weeks but can take up to 6 months for the sprain to heal. It won't completely the dr. agreed because of previous damage. I have lived with it for 10 years so I'm ok. Today was the cardiologist and my heart is strong and BP is great. He did agree that I have a seafood allergy and that is the most important one to have noted on my medical records. He thinks it's moving to the life threatening stage because it came on out of nowhere and progressed so rapidly. It did spur me to call a doctor my friend recommended to get a new PCP. I see her at the end of the month and then I will get Jim into the office.

I have the boys for school today and have to take Ella to get her hair done at 7:30 tonight. She has her graduation pictures tomorrow. I don't know how she plans to sleep tonight so that her hair doesn't get messed up.

Thursday is a follow-up with the eye surgeon. Jim had me angry yesterday because he ignored everything she said about his activities and took the trash out and to the curb. I swear he hears what he wants to hear sometimes. It was funny listening to my parents bicker a bit about the same thing yesterday. They FINALLY got their car back from mid November when it went into the body shop. I know to never use that shop in the future if the need arises. Mom was so excited that she has decided she may go to Lancaster with me this weekend and she will drive.

Hope you all have a great day.

Thank you, PollyannaMom. Shirley would have loved our Quacker thread had she been internet interested really. I believe like my beloved grandma, Shirley gives extra praise to God for making and keeping all of us a Quacker family.

Taz, praise, praise God for some good medical news. Your ❤️is just lovely, my friend. Many continuing foot and other health prayers for dear you and also for your DH to choose to take care of himself!. :grouphug:

It's warmed up a little in here, I'll take it lol. Dad is home now for lunch. He needs to go return a 📕to the library and pick up pictures at CVS briefly this afternoon. I am sure 🙏he truly will stay home all day either tomorrow or Thursday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter