Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Summer being treated that way is terrible! I'm so sorry, Lynn. So very many prayers all-around!

I would appreciate some extra dad prayers. He's sick. God-willing not Covid sick just with a regular cold. He insisted on going to the laundry mat this morning followed by a quick trip to Ralph's. He will be rescheduling both his doctor and dentist appointments. I'm sure grateful he's doing that! Thank you all so much for your extra care and prayers for him and me as well to stay healthy.

:grouphug:to all and I will check back in later. Have a good Tuesday, my friends.

Last edited:
Hug and thank you so much, PollyannaMom! We agreed (I pray) earlier this morning that depending how he feels in a day or two he will be calling his doctor. We both have been so graced so very blessed extra to have been healthy this entire time. We both were last sick in January/early February of 2020. I also pray that this may reinforce to dad to cut back on going out! Maybe one day he will agree to try Ralph's pick up or even delivery. The laundromat (when the attendant is there) does offer a laundry service as well. We could have someone do everything but fold. For now, I know, he feels better doing it himself which I can understand.

All of you please do take extra care and always know, my friends, how much I care!

Thank God, all went well for dad earlier. He sounds a little better than he did when we first got up. Coughing a dash. He did cancel both of his appointments and will absolutely be staying home all day tomorrow and I pray Thursday as well. I'm okay so far, I think, too. Thank you all for your extra love and prayers. I hope each of you are having a good afternoon🐥:grouphug:

Will be first to say good morning! We were on page 2!

Hope everyone has a good day today! 🐥

DH made a shepherd’s pie from all the mashed potatoes we had leftover. It was so good. And a turkey soup. Will try some of that today. I have a day off but I have some task-y things to do. It’s been pretty cold out.

Good early morning!

Random house stuff this morning, and then the twins this afternoon. (Only downside is I'm not looking forward to driving in the rain.)

Yesterday was good. I picked MIL up after lunch to go do some toy drive shopping. Got a lot of great stuff, and got back to their place in time to catch the end of the soccer game with FIL. - It was so exciting!

Good morning.

@FlyingDumbo I hope your Dad feels better soon. Lots of colds going around now.

Therapy appt went well. She gave me some things to think about. I really like her. It is worth the drive.

I am thinking about making a beef stew in my instapot this weekend if I feel up to it. I have to learn how to use the instapot.

I am in the office today. Jeff has been in NYC since Monday for business and I can't wait until he is home tonight. I worry about him there. He lived there for 6 months on a coop program from college so he does know his way around.

Have a good day.

Happy Wednesday morning!:jester:

Cold, rainy and windy is what is happening around town, glad I'm indoors 🌧️.

Didn't do anything yesterday after my visit with Mia. I did remember to stop at Kroger and then stop to get gas. Recorded the World Cup game so I watched that when I got home ⚽. Watched Rudolph and tried to watch the new reindeer show that was on afterwards but I went to bed 😴.

Debating on whether I will go to Evan's soccer game tonight. I've just been so tired and by the time I get home from the hospital, I just don't want to do anything but put my pajamas on and sit down. Maybe I should go so I get out of the house and actually do something besides go to work. I'll just have to play it by ear and see what time I get home.

That's it for me, I think I'm going to grab some breakfast, I forgot mine this morning >:(. Have a great day!:donald:

Good morning--same as @footballmouse here for the weather. Rain supposed to stop later this morning. We are off to do errands and grocery shopping soon. Took trash down to the street, but the boxes will be wet by the time they come to take it, oh well.

Summer is driving to get her oldest son when he gets out of work tonight, and he will go with her tomorrow. She has to drive 3 hours each way to get him, his job is almost down to the Eastern Shore. But at least he offered to go with her.

I hope the hospital doesn't call and cancel or reschedule her again. She is in so much pain from the stents, and they have been in longer than they were supposed to be already.

All done decorating, including kitchen, except for the tree. That is on my to do list tonight, while watching Rudolph, the new reindeer special, and maybe Year Without A Santa Clause --I have to have my Miser Brothers fix, lol

Have a nice morning all

Disney.jpg

Good morning.

I've had a lot going on since Thanksgiving. Spent Friday shopping with my daughter and granddaughter. We spent the whole day out, but I was so happy to be with them and even managed a few gifts.

Saturday I was out with my daughter again, and my other granddaughter since my daughter is directionally challenged. She gets lost quite easily and I know how to get to the mall they wanted to head too. There is a Cheesecake Factory there so of course I had to stop in. I will never get the Lemon Meringue Cheesecake again. It was way to sour. I saw the moon and a bright planet in the sky driving home but couldn't stop for a picture and my area is too bright to get a good picture.

Sunday was Church and a meeting, but I had a volunteer to help assemble the donation baskets which I gladly accepted. I decorated the house when I got home and needed to run to Walmart for some lights. I have no idea where I put all of them from previous years, but I got a timer for the kitchen. I have a garden window in my kitchen, it overlooks the street, but I always forget to plug the lights in or unplug them. The timer is working great, and they go on around 5:30 when it starts to get dark and turn off at 9:30. I will change that for Christmas Eve and day when I leave them on for 24 hours. I also picked up my computer which is now working fine and it was given a tune up so it will be one of the backups for all of my pictures now.

Monday was my Thanksgiving. I always make a turkey at home for my husband. I am not a fan of turkey, but he loves it, and I gave my mom the wings and drumsticks as we don't eat them.

Tuesday was an early start to get the boys to school. I love my daughter's decorations. She is a HUGE fan of Halloween. Her house is decorated for Christmas with 2 Santa skeletons from her Halloween decorations. Then it was laundry and food shopping. I ended the afternoon with a trip to Urgent Care. My mailman delivered my husband's meds, but instead of putting them in the mailbox he dropped them in front of the door. Of course, in my usual clumsy way, I fell on them. I sprained my ankle, and they are pretty sure there is at least a stress fracture in there, so I am in the boot once again. I damaged this ankle pretty severely about 10 years ago and refused surgery, so it is weaker now. As I headed out of the Urgent Care, I saw the same moon and planet in the sky; It was darker here, so I managed a picture. Not the best as I only had my phone with me.

Today is sitting on the couch trying to figure out how I will get all of the donations for the tea to the church hall.

I thought I would share the photo of my daughter's decorations
PXL_20221129_120211020.jpg

Hope you all have a good day.

@tazdev3225 --:( about your ankle. I blame the mailman in this case! I have spoken to ours several times about just dropping meds on the porch. USP and Fed Ex do the same thing. For what they charge for meds, you think they would be a little more careful. About 8 last night I went out on the front porch to get the cats dishes, and a big Fed Ex box was sitting there. It was my husbands Trulicity, which has to be kept cold. I have no idea when they delivered it, but it had to have been after 11 am as that was the last time I was out there. The ice packs in it were no longer frozen, but at least the meds were still cold. I think they should require a signature for something like that! I hope your ankle heals quickly!

Your post also reminded me to go outside and set the timer for the Christmas lights to go on and off. I have the time out there set, so just have to plug it in to start tomorrow. Thanks!

Good morning! :-)
We've been quite busy with the holiday and the post-holiday "catch-up." Last night I made a soup for dinner and served with a stick of french bread. (Recipe here, if interested.) I didn't have sage, and instead used Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of celery seed. I crumbled the chicken sausage and added cubed zucchini in addition to the other veggies. Yum! I'll have that again for lunch.

@flyingdumbo127 So sorry to hear about your Dad's cold. Wishing him a speedy recovery with lots of rest and liquids.

@tazdev3225 Gosh, that surely puts a damper on your plans! Hoping you heal as quickly and without too much pain.

Good cold, rainy morning.

I need to get a few things at the grocery store but really do not want to go out. Waiting for a wine delivery from a winery we like in NY. Justin (SIL) and I are splitting a case that had a Black Friday sale. They don't deliver to DE so it has to come here.

QOTD: For those who have Audible (or other audio book sources) - What kind of books do you like to listen to? Or do you have any specific recommendation for us?
I do not listen to books on tape often. I did listen to the entire Harry Potter series when I was driving back and forth to Baltimore to visit my mom.

Now podcasts are another thing. I have several I enjoy.
Therapy appt went well. She gave me some things to think about. I really like her. It is worth the drive.
I am so glad you like your therapist.
I know how to get to the mall they wanted to head too.
Which mall? (You're near Philly, right?) And hope your ankle heals quickly.

@flyingdumbo127 , I hope your dad is feeling better this morning.

@tazdev3225 --:( about your ankle. I blame the mailman in this case! I have spoken to ours several times about just dropping meds on the porch. USP and Fed Ex do the same thing. For what they charge for meds, you think they would be a little more careful. About 8 last night I went out on the front porch to get the cats dishes, and a big Fed Ex box was sitting there. It was my husbands Trulicity, which has to be kept cold. I have no idea when they delivered it, but it had to have been after 11 am as that was the last time I was out there. The ice packs in it were no longer frozen, but at least the meds were still cold. I think they should require a signature for something like that! I hope your ankle heals quickly!

Your post also reminded me to go outside and set the timer for the Christmas lights to go on and off. I have the time out there set, so just have to plug it in to start tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks, I hope it heals better than last time I did this. I was in a boot for almost a year. Glad my post helped out. I never thought of a timer before this year but it has been a blessing to have it out there.

@tazdev3225 Gosh, that surely puts a damper on your plans! Hoping you heal as quickly and without too much pain.

It definitely is going to slow me down, the pain isn't too bad today as long as I don't walk around and Aleve does help. I didn't want pain meds from the dr.
Which mall? (You're near Philly, right?) And hope your ankle heals quickly.

@flyingdumbo127 , I hope your dad is feeling better this morning.

They wanted to go to the Willow Grove Mall. We went there quite often years ago when they had the DIsney Store. Now we will go to the Disney Outlet on Saturday. Thankfully I injured the left ankle so I can still drive.

Good Morning Friends,

:grouphug:and:thanks:all so very much for your prayers and extra caring wishes for my dad. He's resting at the moment after not getting much (I don't think) sleep last night. He definitely needs to keep warm and well, take care. I sort of feel both warm and cool at times, I do know part of that is typical time of life change. Slight runny nose every so often but nothing major yet, thank goodness. I will have extra soup later and just take care. 🙏that each of you dear friends please stay warm, well, and be safe out there :car:when you do need to go out. I did record the end of Home for Christmas Day yesterday which I enjoyed this morning. Sad but sweet Hallmark movie about a young serviceman finding love with a small-town girl. It's also a story of the girl's mother opening her heart back up to love, as well so that brought extra meaning to the movie as the mother/daughter grew together and also towards choosing more joy in their lives.

Glad you enjoyed a warm, cozy dinner last night, Pea:hug:! Dad likes pot pies🥧.

PollyannaMom, thank you as always for all you do for your MIL. What a blessing that the two of you have one another:hug:.

Snowysmom:grouphug:, I continue to be so very grateful God brought your therapist into your life. Prayers for safe travels for Jeff.

:hug: Footballmouse, sounds like a cozy evening at home might be a wonderful treat for you! Please do take care, my friend. Continuing Baby Mia prayers.

🙏 big-time for Summer, Lynn:hug:. I am very glad to hear her son will be able to accompany her tomorrow. What an awful trek though to go get him! I don’t remember A Year Without Santa Claus but on a Santa note, I did like the first Santa Clause movie. Enjoy some fun R&R, on TV.

:grouphug:🙏Taz, I am so sorry about your fall. You do so much for so many, my friend. I thank you for all you do for God in general and at your church. Please do take care of yourself. Know, always all of us care and of course forever He is with you! Take more time please to sit on the couch and be cozy!

So good to see you, Maple Moose:hug:, thank you for posting, missed you. Glad you had a tasty dinner last night, too.

Carol, also great to see a post from you. :hug: don’t blame you at all for not being in a hurry to go out especially in wintry weather. I’d rather be cozy at home for sure. Prayers your errands go quickly and smoothly.

Wishing all of you a great rest of Wednesday. I'll check in later.

Have been home for awhile. When I came out of Walmart it was dumping down the rain, now the sky is blue and the sun is out. I managed to get my usual hidden away U Scan and get out with noone else in line. Now that Thanksgiving is over, now they have cases and cases of jellied cranberry sauce. And they finally have regular candy canes in. Aldi's was eerily quiet. 10 in the morning..there were only 3 cars in the lot, and only 3 customers in the store. Only took me about 20 min to shop and check out. There were 5 employees wandering around,,and not one customer at the registers.

I picked up a couple of gifts for Don for his stocking. I always get him one of those giant Reese's Peanut Butter cups and some chocolate covered cherries.

Sister in Law stopped at the Hyundai dealer in Morgantown on Monday. They don't have the truck she wants, they can't special order it, and even if they did, it would take 6-8 months, so she has to look around for a different brand. We keep telling her to look at Toyota's or Subaru's, but she has her mind set on that truck. But she can't wait that long to find something,,her old van is falling apart.

Off to straighten out the tree branches and watch Rudolph

Have a nice afternoon

@tazdev3225 I am so sorry you fell. I hope your ankle feels better soon. Delivery people really need to be more careful with there they place packages.

Carol Hawaii sounds like such a great trip.

Lynn Summer is really have a hard time between health issues and all the driving she has to do for family members. That must be hard to do feeling the way she does. At least her son is going with her so that is a plus.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your Dad feels better soon and can get some rest.

It is windy and rainy here now. It is supposed to stop around 10 pm and then get colder. I went to the small grocery store after work today to pick up my usual salads and produce. Their salads are so good and so fresh. I eat them for lunch every day. I can't go to the farm stand until after Christmas as people are buying trees and wreaths and it makes me cry. So, I will practice avoidance until the end of the month. I made the mistake of going there Sunday, forgetting about the trees, and just managed to get to my car before I cried. Self preservation. Friday I will go to Market Basket to get the rest of my list as their prices are better for most items. I have a beef stew recipe for the instapot which I will have to figure out how to use. I think I will make this weekend and I will have meals for a few days. I am trying to get back into a bit of cooking from scratch so if I make a big batch of some thing I can eat all week.

I have my doctor appt tomorrow with the new doctor. I am a bit nervous about how that will go. My boss who recommended this doctor only has good things to say about her so that is positive.

Have a good evening.

I texted SIL about the wine delivery and he said it got pumped to tomorrow. And the rain stopped so Jack and I went out to the grocery store and a few other errands.

They don't have the truck she wants
Can she look for it at other dealers and either drive their or have them bring it to Morgantown?
I have my doctor appt tomorrow with the new doctor.
Good luck. And I guess you are ok eating the same thing all week? I like to mix it up. I make big pots and freeze individual meals.

I texted SIL about the wine delivery and he said it got pumped to tomorrow. And the rain stopped so Jack and I went out to the grocery store and a few other errands.

Can she look for it at other dealers and either drive their or have them bring it to Morgantown?
None of the local dealers here have it in the color she wants. She's tried all of them. The closest one here told her that no other dealers have it, they have tried for other customers. And she just can't wit 6-8 months for them to special order it, which they told her they don't even know is possible. I hesitate to tell her to find a dealer online, as I have no experience with buying a car online
Good luck. And I guess you are ok eating the same thing all week? I like to mix it up. I make big pots and freeze individual meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!