Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning everyone--another nice, low temp, sunny day, with just a chance of showers later. Temps tomorrow are supposed to be a high of 68? That's low for the middle of August! I love being able to sleep with the windows open and the fan just circulating the cool air. I get tired of ac and closed windows after awhile
@tazdev3225 Great pics, thanks for sharing. The ones of the glacier are amazing! Love your bathroom,,I love a beach theme!
Putting a corned beef in the crockpot for dinner tonite,,haven't cooked much all week, and someone (not me) is whining about it

Have a nice morning all

36c261e7f7c5586056a80c3d6b867336.jpg

Love the Alaska pictures. Mendenhall Glacier is beautiful.

Cool again this morning but temps heading up to 80.

Today I am off to younger DS's to celebrate his birthday and DDIL's birthday. Their birthdays are 2 weeks apart. I ordered a cake from a local bakery I will be picking up soon. They never want gifts so I told them I am treating them and the kids to the character meal on our trip. That way they can't say no.

I had a nice visit with my good friend who lives in my area. We had brunch and then I went to see her condo. She has a townhouse. There was a townhouse for sale a few over from hers so we went to look at it for fun. It was one of the largest in the complex and was gorgeous. It had been professionally decorated years ago. The asking price is 780K. The owner will probably get 800K for it. My friend's condo is one of the smaller ones but it is still good sized at about 1900 sq ft and is nice. The complex is nice too but I would not want to live in the town she is in. It just isn't for me. But, she likes it because she is near both her kids.

Have a nice day.

Morning all!

Thanks @tazdev3225 for sharing all your pictures! Going to Alaska is one thing DH really wants to do. Love the bathroom.

QOTD non-traditional uses: for the kids rooms, when they were growing up, we'd remove those folding closet doors, and hang a shower curtain rod across the door, and they'd use a curtain or cute shower curtain for the closet doors. I was always terrified of them pinching their little fingers in the doorjambs. Right now, we have a similar set up, separating our bathroom/closet from our bedroom, as there wasn't a door there...and the light from the bathroom would hit me square in the face when DH would get up in the mornings! Also, for his bass playing, DH has a skateboard deck that he's attached some of his amplifier switches to; it's the perfect size, and easy to replace if it gets damaged. I use the hair dryer on low and cool to dry my nails when I paint them and am in a rush; and when I used to dye my hair, if I was doing just the roots, I would use an old toothbrush to control where the dye was going! Dh uses binder clips to hold his charging cords onto his desk; he clips the big ones onto the desk and feeds the cord though the hole in the tabs.

Got almost 100% packed yesterday. (Missing DH's flipflops and glasses, our power cords for phones/kindles; the phones/kindles; go-pro + accessories + batteries; binoculars; neck fans; and portable chargers....all last minute items!) I misplaced my swimsuit top; I went through all the bags twice to make sure it wasn't there, and searched the bed (the last place I saw it, where I had laid it out to pack). Found it underneath my robe on top of a box on the floor in the bedroom...a robe that hasn't moved in months. :confused3 It's weird; I swear things are moving around the house. I'm just under the weight limit on bags, lol. IDK how I'm bringing back souvenirs...I may have to leave DH's clothes behind....:rotfl2:

Couldn't get on to post yesterday; I can't post on my phone because the ads are too much...and we lost power yesterday for about 5 hours. We had some seriously bad storms roll through yesterday; the road we live on was flooded; both front and back yards had at least 2" of standing water! :faint: Glad I hadn't put the pork on yet, because I would have had to toss it! I did get DS's phone up for repair, and it's done; I just have to pick it up, and they called and apologized for it taking 6 hours, but they lost power too! It's fine, I told them no rush, as long as it was done by Thursday. Anyways, we was able to pick up Chinese food for lunch, and we just had leftovers for dinner. I did get the pork in this morning; it was still a little frozen, and was still good; but while I was prepping, we had a short 5 minute outage...:eek: I told DH if the power goes out again, the universe is telling me to not cook this pork!

The rest of today is just sweeping/mopping; cleaning cat boxes; and putting out trash. Maybe I'll go get the phone; if not DH can pick it up after work one night, or I can go get it Thursday morning before we leave. The repair was only $29 + tax, and will be added to the cost of our next cell bill.

For fellow Penzey buyers, today's sales are:
Any 1/4 c. jar free w/ any purchase
Granulated or Minced or Roasted Garlic, 1/4 c. jar, $1 each (limit 3 of each)

I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Happy Sunday :)

Love your pictures, Taz especially of the turtle and the day at the beach quote. I always did find such peace and felt closer to God as I walked along Northern, CA beaches years ago.

Hug, Snowysmom, what a thoughtful birthday gift. I hope everyone has a good time today.

Quiet morning around here. We never did get any mail delivered yesterday, maybe tomorrow. I shall watch online worship a little later. As always looking forward to that. I'll check back later, too. I've enjoyed reading your QOTD answers, thanks for sharing, dear friends 🐥:grouphug:

Love the Alaska pics. Can't wait to make that trip myself sometime.

I got more of my room done yesterday but still have more to do. Probably work on the closet today. When DH comes home Tuesday we plan on rearranging the furniture.

Driving down to San Diego to pick up my niece for a couple days. Planning on taking her swimming at our friends, taking her to the drive-in and going to lunch before I take her home at the end of the week. Then they are taking a their first real family vacation(her first time on a plane) next week. She starts school the week after.

Hope you all have a good day today.

Lou Lou and I went to our local Fresh by Brookshires on Friday. I go there occasionally to see what they have and pick up items that maybe Krogers doesn't have. It is a cool store, has a taqueria, a sushi place, a pizza place and a deli with cafeteria food in it. You can buy a beer/glass of wine and drink while you shop. You can buy a cup of coffee and sit and do stuff on your laptop/read a book/etc just like at Starbucks. And it has an eating area with a playground.

Anyway, I picked up what I thought was a cantaloupe. I cut it open just a minute ago and it looks like a honeydew on the inside. Weird! The label only says Summer's Kiss melon. It has a weird but good taste of what you might think a cantaloupe/honeydew cross might taste like. I did a Google search and its considered a melon.

DD made pizza last night. It was pretty good. But I started feeling nauseous about 10 minutes into eating. Just had dry heaves but definitely couldn't finish my meal. I haven't really felt too good since. I'm thinking it is my GERD again. I have had some caffeine several times this last week plus some Dave's sweet/spicy pickles. That will do it if I'm not careful.

Went to church today. Felt really blah but I'm not letting that stop me. Had a good worship service and a good Sunday School class. I really like the teacher we have. He's one of three that rotate and is my favorite. I just have a hard time sitting in one of those fold up chairs. They are so uncomfortable and make my upper right leg hurt. And they're padded too.

This afternoon I went with a large group of ladies from church to see The Sound of Music put on by the Rockwall Summer Musicals. One of the women at church played the housekeeper. It was pretty good. Makes me want to look into the Rockwall Community Playhouse to see what plays are coming up.

DH smoked a brisket today. I added Boston Baked Beans and a salad to it. We had it for lunch and I've eaten the brisket and beans for dinner. He did a good job on the brisket.

:grouphug:and feel better, dear Kirby! How fun! I'm so glad you got to enjoy the performance and with friends.

Good to see you again, mmouse37.

A friend just shared with me a new song of praise called I Speak Jesus A little loud for me but wonderful message and reminder. Sharing now with love from Him extra to each of you and through Him, also from me. Sweet dreams, Quackers.

Good Morning. Nice and cool today. Good for walking. I like to listen to the birds as they get up and around.

We celebrated younger DS and DDIL's birthdays yesterday. The cake was yummy and so rich. The cousins had fun playing together. Family news wise it was not a good weekend. Chris' other cousin who has cancer will have scans this week to determine how to proceed with treatment. His doctor did say they may not be able to offer a treatment this time. I hope they can, maybe immunological meds targeting the cancer. Joe is stable which is good. Got other not so great news that I cannot share yet. If you could just say a prayer for guidance that would help. This year has been so challenging. I can't really make any progress as long as things keep going the way they are. I have definitely been given more than I can handle.

Have a good day. I hope the weather is getting cooler.

Happy Monday morning! :flower2:

It feels nice out this morning, 77 degrees. Windows are open and I think I'll take the dogs for a walk soon.

Didn't do anything exciting over the weekend, had to work. I need to go out and clean out the filter for the pond in the backyard. The fountain top isn't straying evenly so something is clogging it.

That's about it for me, pretty boring, but sometimes you need boring. Have a great day! :wave2:

You have already made a lot of progress @Snowysmom. :hug: I think that the one floor living right now may seem not so great, but there will likely come a day when you more appreciate not having to navigate stairs. An old friend of mine called over the weekend seeking some advice about her mother, but she mentioned that her husband has had one hip repaired and needs another, so they actually sold their house because he couldn’t go up and down the stairs anymore! Or do the yard work. And he’s still in his 50s! I see it so often in the hospital, that going home is an issue with stairs. It sounds like you have a perfect set up to usher you into your later years (down the road) and that is a worry off your sons’ minds. I hope all is ok.

@AuntieMe3 I am in the same boat with my bedroom. Been trying to work on it but haven’t made much progress. The issue for me is that there has to be other areas to put some of the stuff we have in there elsewhere so those have to be cleaned out, too, first! So we’re working on that. We bought a trailer so we can do dump runs and going to start those soon. That will hopefully allow some room for movement. That’s what happens with a small house after living there for more than 30 yrs and raising a family, etc. I do have clothes I have to donate and pitch, too. Our closets are jammed full. Our kids are still living here, too, so there’s still lots of stuff around. But looking forward to getting rid of things.

Had a quiet day yesterday but it went by fast. Now another work week. Ugh. Have a good Monday everyone. 🐥

Good morning. Today will be 68-70 degrees. Feels cool out. Gray and looking like rain right now, but they say only drizzle. I guess that will leave putting the new storm door out back on, but he can work on the front one, since it's under a roof.

Going to dust and vaccum the living room and dining room. Trying not to do too much , as I will have to help with the doors if he comes

Someone somewhere must be trying to control robocalls. We had ONE all week last week, and I had none on my phone. Mr L had 1. Works for me

@Snowysmom --prayers for guidance said for you

@frog3101 --thinking of you and the kids this week

Have a nice morning all

R (4).jpg

Waiting for the kids and DD called to say youngest was sick so they are staying home today.

I managed so far to get one short errand done but after that sat down to read a bit and have gone down the rabbit hole listening to Stephen Colbert's monologues for this past week on youtube.

Rained here last night and the grass is wet again. I'm maybe half-finished cutting grass. Now I have to do the front which is small. I'm grateful I have a small front yard to keep nice as opposed to the whole property facing people's eyes as they drive by!

Common sense would say 'do that first', but I rarely do it first as I love it when the back looks good and is more walkable with shorter grass.

Yesterday after 30 plus years I finally got around to sanding the top of my bedroom door which would stick every time I closed it. It's weird to use it now, but to be honest it doesn't get closed very often as it's in its own alcove around a corner.

Have a great day all!

:wave:Good Morning and Happy Monday,

:grouphug:🙏Snowysmom. You have been through so much this year. Be kind to yourself, please! Prayers always.
Have a good :dogdance:walk Footballmouse and enjoy a little break in the weather.

:hug: Pea and have a peaceful week. One 📦of sorted stuff at a time, my friend.

Wow that is awesome, Lynn! I am so glad to hear robocalls☎️ have been down for you, may they stay that way always! We got a late night "spam risk" call. These calls come in cycles. Once they start on any given day they keep annoyingly going! :P Your cooler weather sounds lovely, enjoy.

Waving hi with a hug :hug:, Easyas.

🌸 Judique, and prayers you have a peaceful Monday!

Quiet morning around here. Dad just headed off to the Dollar Tree followed by Pavilions. Please keep him in prayer later this week on Thursday. Thursday morning is his appointment with a new dentist🦷His old dentist retired last year. His practice was sold to a mother-son dentist team. Dad decided that since this office has his records, even though he was disappointed that his long-time hygienist is no longer working there, he will try them once. Depending on how that goes, he will decide whether to next try my friend Barbara's dentist close to us. The reason he didn't try this doctor first is because his office is on a huge and busy street that is currently torn up due to construction and road work. The plus side is it would only be a ten-minute drive. Definitely something to keep in mind. Always an extra blessing to have options.

Wishing all of you a good Monday. I will check in again later.

Well the weatherman's prediction of drizzle,,has turned into steady rain. No doors will get installed today. Chance of showers tomorrow, so I am going to call the handyman tonite, and ask him to come in the morning and get the front doors onto the porch before it rains. I just realized that without a storm door out back, that it was raining on the new doorhandles and into the locks. I had to put a sandwich bag over the knob, and tape another one over the deadbolt. I don't need brand new locks rusting inside after 2 days. Was falling asleep watching tv..Mr L and his boring Nash Bridges...one episode after the other is on. Think I am going to lay down and take a nap..good day for it..temp is only 65 outside right now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter