Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning all. Once again, going to be hot, humid, and they say strong storms. This makes 7 days in a row they tell us that, and we get next to nothing. In fact it shows that it's raining here right now..and the sun is out, lol. Niece was feeding their chickens at dinnertime last nite, and the lid slammed down on her head. They spent the next 7 hours driving to, and sitting in the er. They did a CAT scan at midnite, and it was 2 am before someone read them and said she was fine. Sent her home and told her to take tylenol. And stepdaughter hit a deer with her 'new' car. Killed the deer, but only did a little damage to her car. Her younger son hit one 3 weeks ago with her 'old' car. It just never ends.

Off to the market before it gets too hot.
Have a great day

f1c49eb5aeb5d4b5f95dc21fba9524c3--album-disney-local-concerts.jpg

Thank you for prayers said for my sibling’s cat. She passed peacefully very early this morning, and that was a blessing, as she’d been suffering. Very hard to go through on a holiday weekend when vet support is nearly non-existent.

I was never a fan of Best Buy. I don’t like their return policy, either, and I just don’t feel comfortable there. I do have to get to the Apple store at some point for some help with a few things, but I like going there. The techs I’ve had ask, when there, if there’s “anything else” your phone or iPad needs, and will take care of all of those little issues you’ve been meaning to deal with for a while. For me right now it’s email, and I probably need to explore options for photos. I’ve upped my Cloud storage, but I’d like to see what else I can do. I have a lot, and a lot of videos.

Starting a little work stretch. I hope everyone has a good week! 🐥
Sorry about your siblings' cat.

I rarely find anything I want at BestBuy except when I get a credit card discount offer there, and then I quickly run and buy discounted Disney gift cards.

Skimmed quickly through today.

I always love to look at the pictures because it sort of makes people more real.

Yesterday I got a project going on the patio and it started to pour. Straight down and hard rain for maybe 20 minutes and it was at least an inch in some pots I had sitting around. No watering needed.

Today I'm trying to beat the heat or the rain and do some outside cleanup, before I shower. Taking a 15 minute break.

Later I have some stores to visit and a bit of money to spend on food items. We've pretty much finished the weekend and holiday food. Time to go in a new direction.

Yesterday and overnight, the Yorkie was sick. He threw up and dirtied 3 beds all told. This morning I cut back his food a bit and will give him small meals all day. He eats everything usually all at once. At midnite and then 2am he wanted out so I got up and helped him out, better than cleaning another mess, I guess, but the 2am was tough. This morning I did have to clean where he went on my patio. Yuch, but better than in his bed for sure. Hopefully today he will feel better.

More than likely he got something in the yard and ate what he shouldn't.

Take care all, and hope everyone feels great today.

(The Waterman's Wife
She's who I get all my seafood from, she's great!
And stepdaughter hit a deer with her 'new' car. Killed the deer, but only did a little damage to her car.
She does have some particular luck doesn't she? Glad her car was messed up.

Back at work today, and glad to be. Talking to one of my brothers who is just back from a 10 day trip to Alaska and camping (RV). Sounds like they had a good time, great weather, flights without issue. It's grey & foggy out this morning, although it looks like the sun is trying to burn it's way thru the fog. Possible T-storms this afternoon, we will see. We did get a nice, good soaking yesterday thankfully.

Love that you got to be part of a 61st celebration with your extended family, Carol! Longwood sounds so lovely, too. Love what you said about the new pastor. Bringing a new life and energy into a congregation is always a most welcome thing. It finally sounds as though my former/current church may be closer to getting a new senior pastor. No clue who that may be (the congregation as a whole has zero say) just that supposedly this coming Sunday the committee who were chosen (by preferred church council and other committee members so in no way truly by the congregation) to conduct the pastor search are going to reveal more about the person. I still keep in prayer my future role at this church. More and more I absolutely feel greater peace and God’s call to one day in His time, check out new options. Meantime, thank you always for listening to God and extending invitation to me virtually to your church. Very patriotic celebratory outfits of both you and your DH :)

Aww! Precious Baby A, AuntieMe3! God Bless her!

Wonderful kitty picture, PollyannaMom. So alert and on guard for sure. Aw, I’m sure all your pets were happy to see you again. That is an extra blessing of a pet family—always ready to welcome their humans home.

Oh no, Lynn! Poor deer, too, of course. You just keep well and cool!

I rarely buy anything at Best Buy either, Judique, too expensive! Prayers for your Yorkie to feel better! I hope your shopping goes easily and well.

Prayers continuing for you, Easyas. Glad to hear though you’re up to being back to work.

I just emailed the kind 99 cent Only Store manager, Janna, who is going to head up Sue's 99th birthday basket. I spoke with Sue yesterday. She's excited about her 99th which is coming up in 3 weeks on the 26th. I called our local Krispy Kreme to find out whether they make custom donut cakes (they don't). Sue loves donuts 🍩One year as a birthday gift, i got her a fleecy donut print blanket. Years ago, a friend and I were talking about surprising Sue on her 100th birthday with a donut themed party. God-willing this time next year we still will try to somehow do that. I thought trying to do something like that on a small scale this year would be fun and complement perfectly her 99 Cent Only Store surprises. I did mention this to Janna and asked for her thoughts. I can also call Ralph's and Von's near Sue to find out whether they might make two big 9 shaped cakes. I will definitely keep all of you posted. Thank you for your encouragement with this!

Happy Wednesday, friends with love.

Good afternoon.

Carter is napping and Tessa is watching Blippi on TV. This morning we picked blueberries and visited Fair Hill for a bit.

the Yorkie was sick.
Sorry to hear. Hope he's better soon.
She's who I get all my seafood from, she's great!
I wondered. The way they described her sounded like it might be her.

@sheldenwhobrey -- I add my welcome to Carol's. We are always glad to see new members coming to our friendly little thread!

Its hot and still sunny outside. 90 and no rain in sight. Did all my grocery shopping, noone was out of anything, for change. Stopped at Martins and got Coke on sale. Also got some really fresh peanut butter cream filled donuts for dessert tonite. Stopped at Tractor Supply and got oil for the new mower so I can change it. They didn't have the right filters, so I went to the place we bought the mower. Bought a spare key (just in case) and he looked up the filters for me. Asked me if I had the oil, and I told him I bought Cub Cadet oil, so I was sure I had the right one. It was $2 more a quart there, than I paid for it in Tractor Supply
Put everything away after scanning it,,,and now I have a headache and am going to lay down. Mr L is already asleep.
@PollyannaMom your furbaby is a beautiful cat..I love seeing the pics you post!

Take care everyone,,stay cool

Adding my welcome as well, Sheldonwhoberry:flower3:

I just Googled Blippi, Carol, that is new to me. Sounds like an education and entertaining kid show :)

Dog prayers from me, too, Judique.

Hug, Lynn! Feel better please!

So thankful to God always and in all ways of course. He has also graced me with a tiny role in helping to make my friend Sue's upcoming 99th special for everyone involved. All glory forever to Him as I told 99 this is not for one second about me! Anyway, a birthday planning update is that I found on Amazon Number 9 Cake pan A Mutual friend of Sue and I, Ruth is going to bake Sue two big number 9 cakes! :cake:God, worked out everything as He so mercifully does for us, to where Tuesday morning is a day when Ruth has her caregiver so she will be able to get a ride to bring Sue her cakes. Praise God! I will try to coordinate the timing with the 99 Cent Only Store. Speaking of the 99 Cent Only Store, if all of you would keep my contact there named Janna in prayer, I learned earlier that she is on maternity leave. She put me in contact with a colleague of hers who I believe has been kept in the loop on this anyway, so I look forward to being in touch with Matt. Exciting as Sue's day gets slowly closer.

Wishing all of you a good afternoon!

Another one here who had to google Blippi!

Have fun with your 99th b'day idea for your friend Flyingdumbo, I'm sure she'll get a big kick out of it!

Husband and youngest are off to shake down the new boat, weather is holding for them at least. I'm off to return some paint to Lowes, get my feet done and stop at Home Goods for a few doggie items. I'll pick something up for dinner - don't know what. We'll see what inspires me. Then home, glass of wine, time with the mutts and sit on the porch and wait for the fellas to come home and regale me with tales of how awesome this latest boat is.

@Breezy_Carol My grandkids watch Blippi. I am not sure how I feel about it but it does seem to have gotten better over the past year.

@flyingdumbo127 You are such a kind person to help your friend celebrate her 99th birthday. She will be so surprised and happy. God does work it all out.

@lynxstch You are always so busy. I hope you have a nice nap.

@Judique I hope your doggie feels better soon.

I brought my ring in to be sized down yesterday expecting it take a week or so. They texted today that it was ready so I went right over to get it. Now I will not have been even a day without it. It will not fall off now. The fit is perfect. I did try it on my left ring finger and left the store with my wedding rings on my right hand. In the car I switched back to the wedding rings on my left hand and the other ring on my right hand. I am not ready to do the switch. I do like this jewelry store but do not anticipate buying any jewelry from them except maybe something for the DGD's when they get older.

This morning I heard the cardinal calling and had to go to the balcony to look. He was high up in a tree calling away. I also saw 4 blue jays scampering around the ground.

I keep getting emails (mass emails) from the condo complex manager about random rules and things. I feel like I am in junior high. One was about where dogs can and can't poop and pee. The other is about not taking up 2 parking spaces. I know both can be annoying but someone had to have tattled. :crazy2: Dogs can only pee and poop 30 feet or more from the building. I hope they know how to measure when they have to go. Frankly, as long as they don't pee on my leg or on the walkways I am fine. As far as cars taking up 2 spaces, some people do that on purpose and some people do not park well as they get older. Thankfully we have more than enough parking spaces between the garage and the parking lots. I do miss home ownership mainly because my house my rules.

Tomorrow is the office which is only 15 minutes away now and then to the therapist and my son's house. A ride down 495 but not at rush hour thankfully. I will wait to come back Friday morning until that rush hour is done. Off for another walk.

Have a good evening.

Aw, thank you both so much, Easyas and Snowysmom. All God, not me. I just am so grateful to get to be a tiny helper in this, His plan for Sue. I will keep all of you posted.

I hope your shopping goes smoothly, Easyas and that your DH and son enjoy the boat! So glad you are doing better.

:hug:Snowysmom, I am so glad to hear about your ring. Not a drama, especially petty drama fan at all, either!

Welcome @Sheldonwhobrey!

Thought I would share a picture of two of the puzzles DD and I have done this week. We did a third one but did not take a picture of it. They are 300 piece puzzles. DD flies through them, I have to slow her down.
20220704_143504.jpg

20220706_081230.jpg

Love the puzzles! I enjoy doing them as well. I kind of go on streaks with them, though, and haven't had one out in a while.

It's a nice morning here - much less humid than yesterday. I'm on the second cat's "walk" and then plan to do some actual walking with a neighbor in a bit. I've been sitting here reading one if those English countryside mysteries, but I haven't figured out who did it yet.

We had to take DS's car to the shop yesterday. He picked up a screw in his tire. Thankfully it didn't blow, just caused a slow leak, and we were able to get it over there before it got too low. They think they can get to it today, and DS will take DH's to work, as DH was working from home today anyway.

Have a good day, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter