Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning, all 😀

Out with the kitties, as usual. The chipmunk seems to be back as well:

FFED2B10-2D07-4BDC-AD28-1DEFCCAF5F06.jpeg

9DB9F087-5C9B-49E7-84E3-19AA4928E2F3.jpeg

We got the pool uncovered yesterday, the new filter assembled, and water brought up from winter level to summer level, but we need DH's electrician friend to drop by and change something on the power outlet. (The new cord is different than the old one.) The water looks good, though - nice and clear.

@Snowysmom, so glad you got to hold little Sam! And @Pea-n-Me, hugs and pets to Grady and best wishes to your DS on his decision!

Last edited:
Good Monday morning! :wave:

OMG, going from 93 degrees to 68 in a 2 day span is crazy. I'm sitting here with my winter robe on! :cold:

Supposed to rain again on Wednesday so I need to get out and cut the grass either today or tomorrow. I think I'll do it today and then go to a pilates class tonight. Tomorrow after work I'm going to try to go see Downton Abbey.

Not much going on so I'm going to get back to work. Have a good day! :flower:

Morrning all! Hope everyone is having a good day.
OH...if anyone has any JIF peanut butter in the cupboard, you need to go check! There's a recall; both jars of mine are in the recall (one opened, one not). I can't remember if DH got sick when he ate some last time (he puts it on his waffles), but I tossed them, and sent a message, asking for a refund.

My day is pretty light. I just have to fold and put up all the laundry I didn't finish yesterday (basically 4 loads, lol...I STILL do not get how 2 people make 4 loads + 2-3 bedding loads a week. Maybe because I'm making them smaller, so they dry quicker?). Also need to sweep and mop the whole house (except bathrooms, which I'll do when I clean them tomorrow). Put up trash cans once it's picked up.

Still supposed to be stormy today (sky is gray and clouds are moving pretty quickly). The ground is too wet to mow; the mower and I would just sink in! Hoping it dries out Wednesday, so I can mow Thursday (according to the current forecast).

The kids had sent me some Lego flowers for my birthday/Mothers day (DS picked it out, first time he's done anything for me on his own in about 8 years; and all 3 chipped in on them and the shipping). I built them yesterday, (I remember why I hate Lego building, lol) and put them in the blue vase that held my first Mother's day flowers (from the kids via DH) about 25 years ago. So sweet of them. You can sort of see the R2D2 Lego keychain in front of the box; and they sent us a couple of rainbow 'proud parent' pins too.

20220514_142609.jpg 20220522_220517.jpg (I have NO idea why these went sideways. They are right on the computer, lol. Well, I'm not awake enough to fix it, lol).

DH came out of his office about 7pm last night and asked me to order pizza, lol. So, we had Marco's for a late dinner. (We were just going to have leftovers and salad.) He's working really late tonight, having to catch up on all his office stuff after being out for a week; so tonight is the salad and pizza leftovers for dinner. I need to pull something out for tomorrow's dinner; need to check the whiteboard to see what all is in there.

Anyways, everyone have a good day.

ETA: Dsis is still hanging on. She's on morphine and IDK what else. She was in the 'rally' stage, talking and having more color, for a couple of days, but yesterday her heart rate dropped to 41, and oxygen to 43, and she's aspirating which panics her (she's always had a fear of drowning) all this per her eldest. They know it's just a matter of time; said this is harder than when they lost their dad in January, because his was quick.

Last edited:
Good Monday morning everyone! Like you @footballmouse , we are going from hot to cool. 93 yesterday, 56 now, a high of 68 or so. But it feels so refreshing after the heat of the last 3 days
@Pea-n-Me --much luck and prayers for your DS today
@Kirby love the decals, no wonder the kids were so happy--I lol'd at the story about your church preacher and the Bee Gees joke..too funny!
@flyingdumbo127 --like the puzzle Mona. We have 2 here that aren't normal shape, but we haven't taken them out of the box yet.

No plans for the day yet. Its going to be beautiful outside, so I need to find something to do out there to enjoy it. Maybe I will empty out the regular shed and sweep and reorganize it.

Saw Idol finale last nite,,I kept telling hubby that the person that won would just 'sneak in' around everyone else, and they did! I figure all 3 of them will get recording contracts at any rate, and sometimes the runner up ends up doing better than the winner. But it's another season in the books for that show anyhow

Have a great morning all--enjoy the weather!

8649f14a351db8f3e43984d2dacbf1b8.jpg

Good morning. Slowly trying to get caught up. I was sick all weekend with bad stomach pains. I think all the stress lately did me in.

@flyingdumbo127 and any others I missed a very HAPPY Belated Birthday.

@Snowysmom - Congrats on the grandbaby. Best thing in the world is cuddling a new family member.

@Kirby I love the decals for the kids rooms. Very nice.

@Pea-n-Me hope Grady is settling in. My DIL is a nurse. She's an LPN but she is very good at changing the dressings and she keeps in touch with my daughter if she sees things that don't seem right. The leg was really retaining fluid the one day so she was able to change my husband's dressing and loosely bandage it. She called my daughter before I had a chance to and between them we had a great game plan. It is nice to see them working together as they had a falling out years ago and did not get along at all. Glad they finally grew up.

Anyone else I missed I will catch up. Dealing with my husbands leg has really stressed me out. Thankfully we see his cardiologist tomorrow. My daughter and the foot doctor are fairly certain his one med is causing the issues. It has a known side effect of edema and we did see him once before about it. Living with a yoyo diabetic who has cardiac issues and a history of strokes is not easy. He wants me to go to Disney solo in the fall and I am debating it. My husband calls me a martyr and in a way he may be right. My grandson changed the locks on the front door for me and I am amazed at one thing. The locks have something called Smart Key. I was able to change the way the key is read to my old house key so I don't need to go get new keys made for my kids. Once it was programmed to my key it worked on my grandsons key and a spare key. He also took most of his tools with him so the dining room floor is finally freed up. I had my doubts about changing the house but I love it now. My next step is going through pictures for family pics to frame. I want to put my (and DH"S) parents, grands, great grands, etc on one side. Then I have the family name and I want a picture of my husband and I from when we married and now, then the kids, grandkids beyond us. It will be a work in progress but this wall runs the length of the house so I have room and time. I think I want to do collages of trips with the grandkids to different places but haven't quite settled on that yet.

I need to see the travel agent today about Alaska. Too many changes, and I don't deal well with change this late in the game.

:grouphug:Pea, you are a lovely friend and caring mom. Much prayer for your DS. He is so blessed to have the family he does behind him. How is Grady doing? :dogdance:Love, always, to dear Toto, too!

Such beautiful pink flowers, PollyannaMom 🌺Lol to the sight always of your cat on a leash, so funny and always brings me cheer. Thank you, my friend.

Yikes, Footballmouse! That is a drastic change in the weather. Dad and I were watching a House Hunters yesterday afternoon that was filmed in snowy NY. I told him it was too cold for me to watch it. We watched a warmer weather taking place show instead. You watch or read something warm, have some hot 🍫 chocolate or soup, and keep well and cozy!

Big :grouphug:B&B on your Dsis :( Thinking of you! We're here and care. Sometimes just cropping a tiny bit of a picture will make it small enough so that it doesn't turn sideways. We get the idea, and the Lego flowers are so cool and colorful! Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry your DH got sick from the peanut butter! I hope that doesn't happen again to either of you with any product.

You please stay warm as well, Lynn! Your weather, like Footballmouse's as far as I'm concerned sounds like it's for 🐧Too cold for me for sure! The shaped puzzle was definitely different all right. It might not have nee so bad had the pieces not been teeny! We may puzzle glue and then laminate it to create a birthday decoration for a friend.

Much extra continued 🙏and a :hug:Taz all-around for you and your DH for health. PLEASE take care of YOU!

Wishing all of you a good Monday!

Miss a few days and it is impossible to catch up.

Friday, DH and I went to the beach. While is was in the 80s a mile inland, it was 63, windy, and foggy on the actual beach. Glad we took the bikes. We tried a new trail we had not done before - 12 miles. Tried the beach again and still too cold. Stopped at Dogfish Head Brewery on the way home for dinner. Very nice place and we will be back. Also, while driving past Dover Air Force Base on the way down, we saw the Blue Angels practicing.

Saturday, Carter and Tessa were here for the day so their parents could clean house. It was HOT! We got out the baby pool and the sprinkler, which was a big hit. They played outside for about 2 hours then lunch and Carter took a nap. After he woke up, we took them home and had pizza at their house.

Sunday, Went to church then to DD's for Carter's birthday celebration. Unfortunately, the other grandparents couldn't come. The grandmom had just gotten back from a week in Nashville. Her travel companion tested positive for COVID. While she was negative, still thought it not wise to be around Carter or Marty. So we had a nice family gathering with both our kids and all 3 grands.

Today doing laundry, did some birthday shopping for DH. Right now listening/watching BC graduation to see nephew get his master's degree. PT at 3.

I was going to go to a Scottish Festival that is up the road from us (Carol are you going? It's at Fair Hill)

Maybe I'll watch for it next year.
I have only been to the Scottish Games once. And it is less than 5 miles from here. Sounds like a good mini-meet.

The move is done
Great! It will all get unpacked in time.

Today I had my last radiation treatment
Another "thumbs up"!

We will be on the cruise for our anniversary so I had these shirts made
Cute shirts.

one of our dogs passed away on Thursday.
I'm so sorry. Such a sad loss.

His name is Samuel Christopher. He is 8 lbs 15 oz and 21 inches long.
He is a bruiser. Congratulations!

BTW his name is Grady.
What a handsome dog. Glad he is settling in.

Came back in and declared war on the ants in my kitchen again.
We are fighting that war too.

If anyone has any good thoughts or prayers to spare for DS - he has a decision he has to make by tomorrow re a career choice - an opportunity, really
Whatever choice he makes will be the right one.

Better get moving. Been here too long. But DNephew is now graduated.

Got a cortisone shot in my elbow and a couple of anti-inflammatory prescriptions as well as an over the counter topical.

I get to go back in 3 weeks. Diagnosed as tennis elbow. Expected to apply ice as needed.

Took xrays and nothing broken.

There was relief after the shot almost instantly. But, it didn't last and my scripts are not ready yet.

I got home and did some reading on one of the nsaid scripts. I don't feel comfortable with it.

Frog sorry to hear about your dog. It is hard to lose a furbaby.

@Pea-n-Me Sending prayers and good thoughts for your DS.

@dazedx3 I hope you are having a nice vacation with you family.

This should be a more normal week. I am going to the house on Wed just to put out the trash since I am the one who filled it up. I am not going into the house if I can avoid it. I said my goodbyes on Sunday. I am leaving the awful year that was 2021 in the house and taking a good memories with me. I have to remember that the house is only a building. I am taking my belongings and my memories with me. I will say I am not really feeling the condo right now. I think it is because I am so stressed and sad. I was there alone yesterday for several hours and spent alot of time crying. I also feel like life has been beating me up and I do not have the strength to fight back any more. I do feel like I am in am episode of Golden Girls. Everywhere I look I see women older than me. I think I am one of the younger ones in the building. I will have to leave the building to see the younger people. Of all t he condos I looked at this one was the best. However, it still did not wow me but DSs loved it and a friend did too. Plus I know they will not worry about me and I am close to younger DS. I have to take all that into consideration. It is not just about what I want.

Congratulations to your nephew, Carol. I'm sorry the beach was so windy. I hope you get back there in warmer weather. Sounds like a nice weekend which I hope it sure was. Happy Birthday again to Carter! Prayers for your grandmom and her companion to be healthy!

:grouphug:Judique and big prayers that you feel relief! I am so sorry you are still in pain :( Any kind of medicine, however, small a dose always messes with my system. The few times I took regular ibuprofen, it instantly almost upset me. I will say years ago it did kick that time of month to the curb at least :P

:grouphug:❤️Snowysmom. I love how you said you are only taking good memories with you! What a wise and so very courageous lady you are! So much prayer that indeed once you are more settled into your new place, you indeed (I truly believe you will) experience a newfound sense of peace. We are all here and sure are cheering for you1

@frog3101 --sorry about the loss of your furbaby (I must have missed that in one of your posts.) Know that he is running free with all the other DIS furbabies that are up there. In time, happier memories will replace some of the sadness you feel now. He was loved, he loved in return, and that's all we can ask of our pets

@Snowysmom Your post made me smile. That is the way you should be..take only the good memories with you, leave at least some of the sadness behind. Hoping you get settled in and make some new friends in your new home

The showers they said would appear at noontime never appeared. I got out the rake, and smoothed the garden, got out the landscape fabric and put that down. Got out 28 stakes and planted the 28 tomato plants. I just have to plant the zucchini, summer squash, and cuke seeds the next cloudy day. The nice kid next door came over and asked if I was sure I didn't mind him taking the rhubarb. I said we have never touched it in the 20 years we have been here, so I am glad you like it and can use it. He cleaned up the mess he made cutting it all and said he would bring me some strawberry rhubarb pie. I said thanks but no thanks,,why do you think we have never touched it, neither of us like it,,lol
I had just finished planting and was going to get the hose to wet everything down,,when it started sprinkling. We are supposed to get rain overnite, so that will help the plants

Dinner is Waygu beef burgers, potato salad, and coleslaw. I am too tired to make anything more

Have a nice afternoon and evening everyone

Frog, I also must have missed your share about the loss of a furbaby. Big hug, my friend and I'm truly sorry. ITA with what Lynn said above.

I've been chilly all day in here. I do hope it warms up midweek. Definitely please send me some sunshine anyone. Speaking of Sunshine, I am fairly sure I have already seen the Hallmark movie Love and Sunshine. We recorded it again last night just in case. I'll share how we like it after watching.

Keep well and warm friends and always know you are loved.

Sounds like a lot of you are experiencing the same weather as we are but a day or two behind me...lol Super hot Thursday and Friday and cold, windy over the weekend. We're pretty warm again today at 88°

My appointment was super quick this morning and then I took a long stroll through Wal-Mart. I don't get there often because it's way across town and I'm lazy. LOL I bought myself some lounge shorts for around the house, some other nicer shorts for wearing out and picked up a few things for DD. Bought a small splash pad for Bubby...lol He loves getting wet but is having a hard time with steps so I thought the pad would be better for him than a kiddie pool like he usually has.

On the way home, I paid $5.99/gallon for gas...the most I've paid ever and it was at one of our cheaper stations....gross... The first time in a long time I didn't fill up and just put $40 in. Its a good thing I don't drive much.

Hug, AuntieMe3, I'm glad your appointment is done and pray it went smoothly. Keeping you in prayer, my friend. Dad and I are most grateful neither of us (well for sure I don't just from one side of the street to the other) drive much. I'll have to ask dad to look when he drives by our closest station now called GM (was forever a 76) in the morning. Prices keeps going up that's for sure. I am glad you got some good things at Walmart. They sure are a handy store. The closest one to us is almost an hour away so we shop right now at Walmart.com!

Please stay well and warm, friends and have a good night's sleep.

Woke up just before 3am and I'm almost pain free!

That's not my middle of the night normal.

When I got the text that my med was ready, I rode over to the pharmacy to pick it up. Was very happy it was only $15, but not sure why as I don't always understand my copays right now.

Anyway while there I asked to consult with the Pharmacist and he was very accommodating and took me to a private spot to discuss my meds.

Due to family history I've been monitored for heart problems and I have diabetes and high blood pressure, all controlled. But it doesn't take much to get out of whack with these conditions.

My orthopedic surgeon had prescribed Meloxicam but also recommended Voltaren as an over the counter topical.

Way long ago I had been prescribed a similar med called Celebrex which I'm sure most have heard of. I was quickly taken off that one due to complications - BP and stuff I can't really remember, maybe stomach issues. So when I realized the Meloxciam was similar, (but definitely not the same) I was a bit concerned and wanted more information.

Pharmacist suggested I try the Voltaren first, before starting the Meloxicam.

I had already applied a dose shortly before going in, but was probably going to add on the Meloxicam.

Anyway, before bed I applied the recommended dose of Voltaren, and 7 hours later I'm pain free. This could mean that I can skip the Meloxicam, but I will obviously talk to doctor soon. The good aspect is that the medication will be localized which may avoid issues caused by an oral med.

Pharmacist (strictly) warned me to take my BP at least 4 times per day if I started the Meloxicam. In the past I've had to carry nitroglyercin tabs but since things have stabilized considerably over the years, that went by the wayside. Over time, I've had exams and stress tests and mri's and whatever at Washington Hospital Center. I'm not anxious to start up that routine again.

Sorry if I'm focusing only on me right now.

Here's wishes that all is going well with all of you and that I can get back to actually reading instead of skimming. Trying to go back to sleep now for a couple of hours.

So glad the new topical is working for you, @Judique!

I'm out walking the cats, as usual for this time if the morning. Its kind of grey and chilly compared to lately.

Yesterday was one of those days that did not go as planned. Which means today wont either due to catching up - but oh, well. It will all work out in the end.

Good morning all. Cool and gray right now, only getting to 63. I am kind of glad about that, as it will give the tomato plants time to get acclimated to the garden before it gets really hot again. Calling for a slight chance of showers, but not much. I may go out and plant the rest of the seeds that go in the garden, then it will be time to just watch everything grow

@Judique--Hurray to your being pain free last nite, I hope it continues, and that none of the meds have an adverse action on the rest of your health.

Mr L has a nephrologist appt this afternoon, nothing big, just the normal 6 month follow up

Stepdaughter went to her PCP yesterday to get a referral. She now has an appt with a rheumatologist at the end of July. PCP is almost positive she has an auto immune disease and is thinking it may be lupus. She is trying not to worry until she knows for sure what it is, but May till July is a long time to sit and stew over it.

Have a great day everyone

R (3).jpg

Good Tuesday morning all! :daisy:

Well I did it. Went to the pilates class last night by myself. It looked to be a full class and I liked how the instructor walked around to help people with the different positions. I'm glad it wasn't just the new people that needed help. I'm going to try to keep my confidence up and go to the cycling class Thursday night.

Finally finished refinishing my living room tables. I think they look nice and I'm happy with the outcome. Went out and cut the grass yesterday on my "lunch break". While I was out there I started cleaning up around the little Koi pond. This weekend I'll drain it and clean the insert real good and get some fish in there. I bought a new filter last summer so that should still be good.

Bianca and Bernard - those were some interesting flowers you received. I hated lego when my kids were little, luckily they weren't really into them that much. My youngest started liked putting together the big display projects when he was in grade school.

If anyone has any good thoughts or prayers to spare for DS - he has a decision he has to make by tomorrow re a career choice - an opportunity, really. He is not sure which way to go - to continue on the path he’s been working towards more recently, or to sidestep a bit and take a chance on something unexpected that came along last week, but was also something he’d been working toward previously.
Good luck to your son with this decision.

Saw Idol finale last nite,,I kept telling hubby that the person that won would just 'sneak in' around everyone else, and they did!
Glad your favorite won. The final for Survivor is on Wednesday night and my favorite is still hanging in there. Fingers crossed he wins, I know he's a big fan favorite.

Wow, didn't realize it was already 8:00 am, I better get to work. Have a great day! :wave:

@footballmouse said--Glad your favorite won. The final for Survivor is on Wednesday night and my favorite is still hanging in there. Fingers crossed he wins, I know he's a big fan favorite.

I know we are both hoping for the same Survivor winner,,but I feel like the rest of them are against him --but if he doesn't win, I sure hope he wins the fan favorite prize

@Judique I’m glad you’ve gotten pain relief. We are seeing really good results with the Voltaren cream in the hospital, patients love it, and it was the one topical cream that really helped my mother with her tough arthritis, too. We went through the same thing with her with medications, for two years trying different ones, and the only thing that really worked for her without side effects was plain old Motrin. But we had to be very careful because she had a history of bleeding stomach ulcers, so it was always a balancing act between pain relief and side effects. But we worked it out, despite her pain getting worse the older she got. When my husband gets the cortisone shots, it sometimes takes two to get relief. But really glad to hear you feel better!

Frog I, too, am sorry for the loss of your dog. 😪

Today doing laundry, did some birthday shopping for DH. Right now listening/watching BC graduation to see nephew get his master's degree. PT at 3.
Where is BC? And what does PT at 3 mean? Good for him for accomplishing that!

We never got the really hot weather over the weekend. Topped out at 90, but was cooler where we are.

@Snowysmom It’s probably going to take a while to feel at home in the condo. Keep your heart open to friendships, you never know who you might click with even if your ages are different. (Thinking of what a good time I have with my elderly friend who’s 82 when we talk, literally for hours!) It’s a good time of year to get out walking on those beautiful nearby trails, maybe in the morning with a cup of coffee or something, and others might be out there, too. One day at a time. :hug:

Yes, I hope dazed is having a wonderful trip! And B&B, loved those flowers!

Thank you for good thoughts prayers for DS! I think they worked! He made his decision and is going to take advantage of this opportunity that came up. It may not go anywhere, but at least he’s willing to try. Funny thing was, last night I went out grocery shopping but stopped in another store first, and lo and behold I ran into an old friend who’s in that line of work and was able to talk to DS then and there about it on the phone, which was great! (Another intervention from heaven? Very serendipitous!)

Thanks for asking about Grady! He’s doing great! He and Toto are getting along well, and he especially loves DS, and sleeps near him. He has a little separation anxiety, so when someone leaves the house, he goes and gets things that belong to that person, then brings them out into the hallway and lays with them. We also think he may be younger than stated, as he seems to want to chew some of these things, too (plus he isn’t grey at all, and his teeth are clean, etc). So slowly teaching him he can’t do that and showing him what he can do, etc. But he’s a sweetie, and we love having him here. He’s gone for walks by the water and rides in the car, and is learning that he comes back home, and we come home when we go out, etc. So hopefully some stability for him! We got a lot of hair off of him and left it out for the birds. No bath yet, but I think they bathed him, as he was pretty clean.

Enjoy the day, everyone! 🐥

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!