Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:hug:Lynn and how awful and scary indeed. Prayers PT Matt did his usual good, caring work for Mr. L

Welcome home, AuntieMe3 :) How fun and lovely, too! Your upcoming plans sound great, too. Truly glad as I said earlier that you and other Quackers are now able to get out more and see friends and extended family.

Quiet Monday here. Waiting for one Amazon delivery and paperback swap books through the mail.

Wishing each of you a good afternoon🌸

Happy Tuesday :flower1:

Got to work VERY early this morning (6:20 am). The dogs woke me up at 4:15 and I tried going back to bed but no such luck. I finally got up at 4:50 and started to get ready for work. I figured I could get in early and do some homework that is due tomorrow for a class that I'm taking. At least I got something accomplished!

Didn't do a darn thing last night after work. Came home, did the dishes and sat down and watched TV. I did run up to Chipotle to grab dinner for me and ds. I walked to the garage from my office when I left work yesterday and earlier that day I snuck out and walked outside around the hospital so I figured I got all my walking in for the day.

Well I guess I need to get back to looking busy :surfweb:.

Have a good day everyone. :wave:

I just tried to post my memories of September 11, 2001 that I have been working on writing out for the past few days. Was not even done and I get the error message hit back and refresh. Everything was lost. Hopefully I can get things rewritten at a later date which will more in likely be next week. We found out that the girls need to turn their 4-H record books in on the 20th on the 13th. This from a club that we checked out originally in Sept 2019 for the 2019-20 year and it was turn them in the week of Oct 1 for the 2018-19 year, than it was in mid Oct for 2019-20, and then on September 13 we get a club meeting is moved to the 20th and btw record books must be completed not even a we will be doing an initial check that day but they must be done. Sure hope that the fair checks are sent out before then as we have gotten them as late as the middle of October and have had to do initial checks without them and then go back and redo the financial pages to include the prize money in the income sections and change the profit/loss statement. Since our mail can show up anytime between 9 am and 7:30 pm if it is not in the box when we come home from picking up 16 year old from work on Sunday night (if she and DH don't get the mail on Saturday when they come home from town) it will not be included as I will need time to make sure the records are done. Typing up 13 year old's and making sure 16 year old gets her's done. The biggest thing is making sure activities in 3 projects are finished and the observation and question pages all completed. It also looks like I am going to be solo for getting these done and 2 of the projects are 13 year olds so I will need to supervise those ones with one of them being her microwave cooking and I can't even get help getting a counter cleaned off and items needed found when I ask for help so I will get to add doing so much on my feet that I will be dealing with lots of pain and still barely able to move all from an injury a few years ago that some people decided to not keep things up in the house while I was out of commission but instead decided I could deal with it when I was recovered enough in 6-8 weeks to at least do something. Something being regular household jobs not a bunch of deep cleaning because you people could not bother to keep things up. Grrrr.

Good morning all. I just realized I never checked in this morning,,that's a first, lol. Guess it was the on again/off again sleep cycle I seem to be in. Sleep for a couple of hours, wake up and can't go back to sleep for a couple of hours, then repeat. It was 7 when I did get up. Fed the cats, birds, put fresh water in the birdbaths, and then sat and did nothing. Hubby was still asleep till almost 9. Now they say this will be our last 90 degree day..down to 82 tomorrow,,and into the 70's after that. I can live with that! OT is supposed to be coming today to discharge him from that portion and respiratory therapy will make one last visit today also. Then it's just Matt for PT tomorrow, 2 x next week and at least 1 the week after

Haven't heard anymore about the drive of the blue truck, but stepdaughter has been in touch with his family, so maybe I will hear from her. Sister in law and niece went to Morgantown for 2 appts yesterday, only to find out they were a day early, so had to go back today. They were here at 7 to drop off goodies from the Lancaster farmers market they went to on Sunday. Sweet corn, yellow zucchini, yellow tomatoes, bananas, butter lettuce and some other kind of lettuce. She will be taking me to the market probably tomorrow or Thursday so I can stock up on stuff we are out of.

Have a nice morning fellow QUACKers..@pollyannamom--Love the ducklings picture, too cute!

8de59c05a7834c6b65e6f65da1263993.jpg

Good Morning, Friends,

Add me into the restless night sleep last night crew. I did sleep well but woke up early during the morning and rested on and off until getting up about half an hour ago. Love the photo, PollyannaMom :)

Mail is once again a mystery here. According to informed delivery, 4 book packages from paperback swap were delivered yesterday at the "front door/porch." We have no porch! The only USPS mail was later in the evening and contained no packages. Today I really do want the mail to come because I'm finally expecting the magnets (I hope) from China that DHL, Amazon, and myself never thought would come. I absolutely recommend to take time always to look into who (or maybe better where) you are purchasing from when it's a 3rd party seller on Amazon! That's all right, if it ever comes, it will be an extra blessing :) Meantime, Amazon (in vey kind faith, because of what I related to them from DHL), did refund my money. Of course, should the magnets come and be what I ordered, I shall notify Amazon immediately.

Another mail share that sure brought me a smile and extra thanks to God yesterday. Last year possibly in early summer, dad dropped off at church some things for a friend of mine who works in the office. I had included within the bag these items were in, a small envelope with a note inside for another friend, who also worked in the same office. Dad remembered seeing the envelope, I was able to later describe it down to the flower sticker I had put on the envelope. It vanished! Until God returned it yesterday! His timing is just wondrous and absolutely a reminder He loves and is with us always. The envelope was found inside a small reusable bag inside dad's trunk. Yes, he had looked in the bags last year. Since the pandemic he pretty much uses plastic bags. He had gotten the bag out yesterday to use to carry into the library more easily some books he was returning. In so doing, God delivered His reminder that what (or who, even at times each of us) may feel lost or stuck (such as in this strange plague time) we aren't. We have indeed been "found." :) This was also a reminder to me of how thankful I am for the friendships of each of you. 🐥

As a P.S. Has Sparkle posted at all lately? I was thinking about her yesterday and pray she is doing okay. I checked and it looked like she has not been on here in quite awhile. Lifting up her and Tina, extra this morning.

Last edited:
We seem to be losing more and more of our Quacker family on this thread. I hope after vacations they return to give us some good stories.

It's almost 90 out. Just talked to neighbor, who sent his son over to weedwack the bank for me. I can only get so much from the bottom, and so much from the top, and it always leaves tall grass and weeds in the middle. He did a good job..took all of 15 minutes, so I only paid him $10. I told the grandson he can weedwack the rest of the yard and mow on Friday if he wants. Can't ask grandson since both are working and they are now down to 1 car. Its woth the $30 for me to have the kid next door do the whole yard. I told him its too hot today, so to wait till Friday when it's cooler and the lawn has a chance to grow a little more . Hopefully it won't have to be mowed many more times this season, or that my cold will be gone and I can do more of it myself!

Lynn You are always so busy and industrious. I wish I had half your energy!

I spent the day trying to get my dining reservations for our Nov Disney trip. There were many issues and it took hours to get them all done. I only had six but I had to keep trying and keep working too. Work was getting in the way. LOL! Now I have them all set thankfully. It is funny the things that make you crazy.

I have made appointments for our flu shots at the end of the month. I like to have that done before we go to NH to see the foliage. One less thing to think about.

The grandkids are all doing well in their various schools. My 4 year old DGS who started preschool went into the school with no issues. I thought he may be a bit hesitant but my DS said he went in and didn't look back. My 2 year old DGD is all excited about going to dance class in a couple of weeks. She wants to go to school too.

Have a nice rest of the day.

Snowysmom, ITA about also wishing I had some of Lynn's energy! :) extra to both you and Lynn, lovely ladies indeed. Hooray that you got your dining reservations squared away. Have fun with more WDW planning. The Fall foliage tour sounds beautiful! I am also so happy to read that your DGS did so well at school. How cute of your DGD, I hope she finds dancing fun.

Lol, Chickapin Parterre :)

Wow, what a banner mail day! I got ALL the missing books from yesterday 📚 Plus, best of all, the magnets, ASIN, B08ZSCC8ZK, came and are beautiful! I did contact Amazon immediately who thanked me. I was very glad that they will do as I requested and make sure both the kind supervisor who helped me last week and sender are thanked. Really this gift (that will be for 10 different people) us a bargain indeed. I was able to choose whatever images I wanted on the magnets and the printing of them came out lovely. I would recommend for sure, just place an order for this item a month or two in advance so they come to you with time to spare to send.

A boyfriend of mine way back high school had his car totaled in front of my house. We had gone on a date, he had parked in the street. We came back and found his car sideways up in our driveway. There had been a party down the street and one of the party goers left and thought he was on a race track and hit my boyfriend's car.

Mona, so glad you received all of your packages!

I've been busy the last couple of days so haven't been able to check in. Saturday was Lil Joe's first t-ball practice. He did much better than last Spring, didn't play in the dirt as much.

We went to dinner with three of Joe's siblings, two SIL and one SILM at Four Winds Restaurant in Wills Point. All of us had to drive at least 40 minutes to get there. It's a white tablecloth establishment in an old house out in the country. Always good food. It's expensive so we only go every year or so.

Visited with DH's older sister on Sunday. She lives in San Antonio and came up for the weekend. She also had dinner with us the night before. She is battling Multiple Myeloma and so far so good.

I had my yearly checkup today. Been having some neck, back and knee issues so xrays were taken. I'll probably have some PT in my future.

:grouphug:Kirby, first of all how scary about that accident, yikes! Grateful you and your boyfriend were out! Prayers the driver was okay.

What a wonderful update, my friend :) Thank you on the books.

This is a very late night for me check in so an extra hug to all of you for goodnight!

Good morning! Slept from 10-12, then 12;30 till almost 4, so doing a little better sleepwise. Got up, turned tv off, put blanket over Mr L, fed cats, and am going back to bed. Will take trash down in the car later, not chancing lifting heavy bags and getting my back off to a bad start.
Matt from PT will be here today, going to try the step outside again today in prep for tomorrows ortho visit.

Will be back later to check in-have a nice early morning!

1afbf5bd70561869c2f64a66b731d5d3.jpg

Good morning everyone.

The baseball tournament was a lot of fun and very easy to get to both days. My grandson played really well with a couple of doubles. He did ground out or fly out a couple times to over the 4 games but that is to be expected. The team still needs some work but he had fun so that is the important thing. There are a couple of fathers we think are very jealous of his ability though. They blamed him for an error, which was NOT his fault, and would not let up. Their sons however make multiple errors and that is ok. Thankfully I am a little hard of hearing because in the mood I have been in lately I would have given them an earful. Even the coach told them enough that Anthony was not at fault. The coaches are hard on Anthony and it shows in the improvements he has made. They told my daughter of all the kids they have coached he is the one they could see making it to the Big Leagues. I want him to use it to get an education, that will last him forever.

I am back into the routine with school again. Monday Tuesday and Wednesday I have to get the boys up and to school. Pick up after school depends on my schedule. They don't live that far so they can walk when necessary. Ben will try the patience of a Saint. He takes nothing at all seriously and plays around in the morning. I hate being hard on him but I have to be at times.

I have been battling another infection on my feet - Athlete's Feet. I never knew how uncomfortable it is and unfortunately I had to break a promise to 3 of my grandkids. We were supposed to head to the shore tomorrow but I am under strict orders - NO BEACH!!! I promised them in a couple of weeks we will try again before it gets to cold. Of course Lancaster and Shady Maple would be the consolation trip and they are OK with that too. Getting the meds for my feet has been crazy. The doctor sent the script to the pharmacy and I went to pick it up later that day. Someone screwed up and my prescription plan denied it, a clerical mistake but it had to be corrected. Went yesterday and it was the pharmacy at fault. They insisted I didn't have coverage. Somehow they changed my birthdate. Cleared it up and then was told they don't have the meds, they need to order them. When I asked why they didn't make sure it would be available since they knew I was coming back for it the response was my insurance denied it. I then asked what made them think I wouldn't pay out of pocket if necessary, I need these meds. I left with a migraine.

Now I have to fight with my husbands cardiologists office. There has been an issue with his one med dating back almost a year. Somehow the refill wasn't ordered again. Of course this is complicated. His original cardiologist died of Covid so our primary called it in back in January. Now the primary doctor has died so no back up there. We did get a new cardiologist. He left the practice to join another one but my husband did see him several times. The new doctor won't refill it because he needs an appointment. He has one in November. I am so frustrated with the doctors right now and we can't find a primary. Even if we do we can't get our medical records because our primary died without a will so the records are somehow tied up in court.

I still can't get the work done in the house because the foot doctor wants me off my feet as much as possible. I have less than 3 months to find furniture I like and order it, decompress the downstairs (a LOT has accumulated that is not needed), prep the walls and then paint them, get an electrician in for some lighting and new outlets, and then put new drywall up on the ceiling (we had the 80'd s fad popcorn ceilings) prep and paint. I have a feeling I may not get it all done before we leave for Disney which is when my grandson was supposed to do the floors. I do work well under pressure but that is a lot of pressure. I need a vacation, thankfully I have Disney in less than 3 months.

Being lazy is on the agenda again today but I am getting a haircut so that will definitely help. My hair is getting a bit shaggy and I hate when it gets to the point that I can twirl it. When I was little my mom kept my hair really long and every night she put it in rollers so I had Shirley Temple curls. I HATED it. My aunt got me a pixie cut when I was 6 and I still remember how free I felt. I have had longer hair a few times but as I have gotten older I decided that it's my hair and I like it short. Thankfully my hairdresser has been cutting my hair for about 10 years and she knows exactly what I want. Off my ears, off my collar a tad longer on top but not much.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Happy Wednesday :flower1:

Nothing much going on with me. I'm not sure what has gotten into my dogs lately about getting up early. Yesterday it was 4:15 am and this morning it was 5:10! Seriously!!!!! I usually get up at 5:30 when I have to go into the office so I've just been getting up and coming in early. Today I got here at 6:35. Was able to get 2 tests done for my class so I guess it was productive. I like doing stuff like that when I come in and nobody is here.

Last night we had breakfast for dinner. I bought this breakfast casserole at the store and meant to make it for ds when I have to work the weekends, but I forgot and just noticed it in the freezer yesterday. It was a Mexican casserole with a tortilla and salsa. It was a little too salsey for me, I don't like spicey food. Ds2 stopped over as I was taking it out of the oven and he said it looked really good and was going to stop at the store and get one for his dinner. I didn't have any bread to make toast so luckily I had a can of biscuts in the fridge.

Supposed to rain pretty good today here in my area, we'll see.

Back to work, everyone have a good day. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!