Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Been a bit of a rough week here between some medical stuff and some girlfriend hurt. šŸ˜• DD enjoyed her getaway and is feeling better but still not 100% yet. Iā€™m sorry to hear about ongoing Covid issues, especially with grandchildren. Ugh. Prayers for all. šŸ™šŸ»

Last night we made mushroom raviolis (one of those Aldiā€™s items that they have ā€œsometimesā€, but I hope to buy again) with a homemade parmesan cream sauce (with onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and cheese) and they were delish. Tonight we made a turkey dinner it was ok, didnā€™t love the turkey taste, it was chemical-ly (got the breast frozen after Christmas at the supermarket) and we used Bob Evans mashed potatoes but whoever bought them got the sour cream flavor and I just didnā€™t like them. The rest of the meal was good - squash, string beans, and DH did a light stuffing with onions, celery and cranberries. DS hasnā€™t eaten much in several days, all of his meals that he barely touched are piling up in the fridge. (It is hard to see our kids hurting, isnā€™t it?) Last week DS had found a recipe for Walt Disneyā€™s chili and wanted to make it, so we may work on that this weekend. We have our own tried and true chili recipe weā€™ve used for years, but this sounded like fun to try.

Thatā€™s really about it. I didnā€™t get a lot done that I wanted to do this week, with these unexpected circumstances I just managed to keep up with the basics. I did help DS get motivated to enroll in a class heā€™s been wanting to take and to update his resume as well as brainstorm about career stuff, which I think was something good that came out of something hard. He started some letters to potential employers and heā€™s taken to running again. šŸ‘šŸ» Not much else going on. I have some things for @flyingdumbo123 I just have to get them in the mail. Following along with everyone elseā€™s posts.

Have a good Friday, everyone. šŸ£

Good morning. 10 degrees here and heading for 19 today. I am off work to go visit a condo complex. I am not happy to be having to do this especially without Chris. I am so glad a good friend is coming with me. My birth sister told me I would know if this is the place and to trust my gut and trust in God. She is a very faith filled person and I admire that in her. I wish I could be the same. So wish me luck that I don't cry alot and can make a decision whether I should pursue this in a couple of months when sell the house. This is just a preliminary visit to gather info.

Have a good Friday.

Good morning all. 14 here, but feels like 0. Only going to low 20's today. At least all outdoor cats are accounted for and have full bellies. Birds got fed too. I am a little ticked at our ISP. They changed their name from Atlantic Broadband to Breezeline. We can use our atlantic emails during the 'transition' period, but will have to switch to breezeline after that. Are they kidding? Do they know how inconvenient that will be. Going to be a pita to switch every place that sends email to my email address, hundreds of them. All our online bill pays use that email, as well as Drs offices, friends, stores, etc? Anyone else ever run into that? We have had the atlantic email for at least 10 years!

@Snowysmom. I wish you luck today. I think if its the right place, you will feel it, or Chris will send you a sign. If not, it's not meant to be.

@flyingdumbo127--Mona, so glad you finally got your mail. Can they give you a reason that you don't get it for a long period of time and then get so much it overflows your box??

Have a nice Friday all..stay warm, except for you , you stay cool, and stop bragging that it was so warm you had to put the AC on, lol!

67e4eaca34f054218501c37c3bf2d333.gif

They changed their name from Atlantic Broadband to Breezeline.

We have AB as our internet provider for both the office & at home, but luckily no email addresses with them. Have you considered changing to a Gmail (or similar) account? That way you would have the freedom in the future to switch providers if the opportunity presented itself without worrying over your email address. We have been happy with AB but word on the street is high speed (fiberoptic?) or whatever it's called is coming to the area in the next 2 years, and if it does I might switch then.

It was a balmy 17 with a pleasant breeze this morning. Translation: Cold as hell. I had the fun of loading up both some trash for the bin and some extra dog food for the humane society this morning around 7, I think I'm still cold!!! I think I am going to need to head down towards the DE shore to make a quick stop at a jobsite at some point today. 3 1/2 hours in the car for 5 minutes in a jobsite trailer. Oh well, it's the way it works sometimes. I might need to treat myself to a new audible book for the ride, my credits are building up anyway.

The new rub I used on the chicken thighs last night was good. Will use again. I just baked them as I didn't feel like going in and out to babysit the grill. I think tonight will be leftover chicken and the half a bag of shrimp in the freezer I came across.

Happy Friday! :banana:

I've been stressing out about this weekend all week. I picked up a couple of extra 4 hour shifts at the hospital to help out while someone is off sick. So I'll work my full time job today until 2:15 and then I'll head to my part time job from 3 pm-7 am :eek:. I'm so nervous that I'm not going to make it through the night. Hopefully I can grab a nap around lunch. I'm praying that I can sleep good Saturday because I do it all over again the next night working from 7 pm-11 am. I know it sounds crazy, but the extra money is nice. I'll just go to bed early Sunday night and probably grab about 12 hours of sleep. :faint:

Ds2 starts a new job on Monday. He said he's telling his boss today that it's his last day. Some of the guys at work told him that one of the guys gave his 2 week notice the other week and they fired him the next day. I've heard that companies do that, I just don't understand why. He works at a flooring company so it's not like he's going to steal clients or company secrets. :confused3

No cooking last night, ordered a pizza. Was planning on coloring my hair this morning but decided I'm not in the mood so I'll wash the sheets and get a little cleaning done, hopefully I'm not busy with work today.

If you're watching football tomorrow, cheer on the Bengals!!!! :cheer2: Have a good day & weekend everyone! :hyper:

Good morning.

16 here going up to 28.
I think I am going to need to head down towards the DE shore to make a quick stop at a jobsite at some point today.
I know they are calling for snow down there but I looked and it's not until tonight.

DH needs a battery for his car fob so he wants to go out to get that. I said I'd go for the ride. I do need something new to wear to the shower. I know there will be pictures so don't want to repeat. I wear my clothes for years. Not even sure where to look.

Anyone else ever run into that?
Have you considered changing to a Gmail (or similar) account?
I was going to say what Easyas123 said. I started with a Hotmail acct, then got Yahoo. When I had a problem with neither of them getting to camp when DD was there, I opened a Gmail acct which I rarely use now. My offspring tell me that Gmail is more professional.

Today's plan is knit and get ready for the grands tomorrow night. DD and her DH are going to a co-workers wedding so we have the kids, and the dog, overnight.

Good morning. 10 degrees here and heading for 19 today. I am off work to go visit a condo complex. I am not happy to be having to do this especially without Chris. I am so glad a good friend is coming with me. My birth sister told me I would know if this is the place and to trust my gut and trust in God. She is a very faith filled person and I admire that in her. I wish I could be the same. So wish me luck that I don't cry alot and can make a decision whether I should pursue this in a couple of months when sell the house. This is just a preliminary visit to gather info.

Have a good Friday.

Go ahead and cry if you want. It's not always fun to make decisions on your own.

I know that you realize that you will have to move forward. Not easy to let go of what might have been. It's just not fair!

It may be too early for you to make a choice of what your living space will be in a few months and in one sense it's easier to push it away.

I just gather that you don't want to live in the house and that you also feel the temporary nature of living with your kids, so the pressure is on. Hopefully something will be attractive enough about the places you visit.

Another option is rent an apartment if that is possible for a year. That might give you the break to consider a permanent new home or whatever future living situation might work. Also I don't know what your budget is or how hard it is to find something in your area.

It's going to work out some way and hopefully you can find some joy in nesting in a new spot. Best wishes to you!

Good morning all. 14 here, but feels like 0. Only going to low 20's today. At least all outdoor cats are accounted for and have full bellies. Birds got fed too. I am a little ticked at our ISP. They changed their name from Atlantic Broadband to Breezeline. We can use our atlantic emails during the 'transition' period, but will have to switch to breezeline after that. Are they kidding? Do they know how inconvenient that will be. Going to be a pita to switch every place that sends email to my email address, hundreds of them. All our online bill pays use that email, as well as Drs offices, friends, stores, etc? Anyone else ever run into that? We have had the atlantic email for at least 10 years!

@Snowysmom. I wish you luck today. I think if its the right place, you will feel it, or Chris will send you a sign. If not, it's not meant to be.

@flyingdumbo127--Mona, so glad you finally got your mail. Can they give you a reason that you don't get it for a long period of time and then get so much it overflows your box??

Have a nice Friday all..stay warm, except for you , you stay cool, and stop bragging that it was so warm you had to put the AC on, lol!

View attachment 640855

I've had an AOL email for many years and then I created a GMail address with my real name. I'm gradually transitioning my accounts and eventually will get everything on gmail. It's a pain as I forget and use the old email out of habit to create new stuff by accident!

Happy Friday,

How fun (and what a wonderful memory I hope was made) by baking a birthday cake with your grandkids, Kirby. Happy Birthday belatedly to your DD. Prayers everyone in your family is still on the mend!

:grouphug:dear Pea. We care and are here. Please be good to and take care of yourself! Thank you in advance for my upcoming mail.

:grouphug:to you as well Snowysmom. Wise woman your sister and ITA with her. You will know, my friend. Be still, pray on it, and let God guide you. Remember He truly is with you always and by His Grace so is Chris. He really is my friend.

Thanks, dear Lynn and yikes truly to your freezing weather. You please, please be well and stay safe! No reason was given for the sudden barrage of mail. We were just grateful to see it! I hope we get mail today! Lol, it's been a bit tricky putting together a birthday surprise that is snail mail dependent! But even if no more crosswords come, thanks to the good Lord and His Grace of kind friends, dad will truly enjoy what he will have already. I am grateful indeed.

Definitely treat yourself to a new book, Easyas! I'm sorry it's still like Alaska out there for you as well. Glad you had a tasty dinner last night.

You work so hard, Footballmouse. I truly thank you as I always do Pea, for all the care you provide to so many in your care! Remember to take care of yourself as well!

I'm glad to hear you might just have an at home day Carol! I hope you and your DH are feeling much better by now, too!

What kind and wise words Judique. So glad you have become a Quacker šŸ„

I've had various email accounts over the years! It is no fun switching and having to tell all your contacts especially some stores where you receive email offers or weekly deals from. Changing over to a new email last year did help me to really pare down on contacts to those who I truly do keep in touch with via email as opposed to a whole lot of others as well.

It's a cool morning here. Dad will be headed to the laundromat soon followed by some shopping. I'm always extra grateful once he's home on a Friday because usually that means he's home for the weekend.

Have a good day friends and stay warm!

I've had an AOL email for many years and then I created a GMail address with my real name. I'm gradually transitioning my accounts and eventually will get everything on gmail. It's a pain as I forget and use the old email out of habit to create new stuff by accident!

I have three Gmail accoutns; one I specifically use for an online game I play; one for bills and important stuff; and one for everything else (shopping, movie tickets, etc). I also have an outlook email that I use as a backup for the bills/important stuff, in case gmail is down. I have an email account through AT&T (our current provider), two old ones through Comcast, and three Yahoo accounts. The Yahoo ones are for things that require an email address, to even look at whatever I want to look at, and those I never even look at. The AT&T one is strictly for stuff that I think might spam me; if it's an account I'm keeping, I'll switch it over to the everything else Gmail. The Comcast ones, I used to use for bills and stuff, but realized when we moved to AT&T, that it was a pain to use them. I still have access to them, and a few accounts are still stuck on them (because the accounts won't update email changes), so they are mostly for junk and old accounts.

It's chilly here today; it's 55 at just after noon. I was going to walk, and decided since I was doing running around this afternoon, that could wait until then. But...DH is working really late tonight (problems with a project someone else was working on, that he needs to fix), so that plan is out the window. I still might go for a walk in a little bit; I'm being bad and having pizza rolls and lemon poppy seed muffins for lunch.

Have a good day, y'all!

We have AB as our internet provider for both the office & at home, but luckily no email addresses with them. Have you considered changing to a Gmail (or similar) account? That way you would have the freedom in the future to switch providers if the opportunity presented itself without worrying over your email address. We have been happy with AB but word on the street is high speed (fiberoptic?) or whatever it's called is coming to the area in the next 2 years, and if it does I might switch then.

I have a gmail address,,I just don't care for gmail. I use Thunderbird with ABB and am happier with that. I guess when they transition I will have to switch my Thunderbird over to the Breezenet address (what a stupid name for a cable company/ISP anyhow,,lol

It was a balmy 17 with a pleasant breeze this morning. Translation: Cold as hell. I had the fun of loading up both some trash for the bin and some extra dog food for the humane society this morning around 7, I think I'm still cold!!! I think I am going to need to head down towards the DE shore to make a quick stop at a jobsite at some point today. 3 1/2 hours in the car for 5 minutes in a jobsite trailer. Oh well, it's the way it works sometimes. I might need to treat myself to a new audible book for the ride, my credits are building up anyway.

The new rub I used on the chicken thighs last night was good. Will use again. I just baked them as I didn't feel like going in and out to babysit the grill. I think tonight will be leftover chicken and the half a bag of shrimp in the freezer I came across.

Happy Friday! :banana:

I've been stressing out about this weekend all week. I picked up a couple of extra 4 hour shifts at the hospital to help out while someone is off sick. So I'll work my full time job today until 2:15 and then I'll head to my part time job from 3 pm-7 am :eek:. I'm so nervous that I'm not going to make it through the night. Hopefully I can grab a nap around lunch. I'm praying that I can sleep good Saturday because I do it all over again the next night working from 7 pm-11 am. I know it sounds crazy, but the extra money is nice. I'll just go to bed early Sunday night and probably grab about 12 hours of sleep. :faint:

Ds2 starts a new job on Monday. He said he's telling his boss today that it's his last day. Some of the guys at work told him that one of the guys gave his 2 week notice the other week and they fired him the next day. I've heard that companies do that, I just don't understand why. He works at a flooring company so it's not like he's going to steal clients or company secrets. :confused3

No cooking last night, ordered a pizza. Was planning on coloring my hair this morning but decided I'm not in the mood so I'll wash the sheets and get a little cleaning done, hopefully I'm not busy with work today.

If you're watching football tomorrow, cheer on the Bengals!!!!:cheer2: Have a good day & weekend everyone! :hyper:

I will cheer for your Bengals if you cheer for my Buccaneers? lol!

Its sunny here, but only 21 degrees. I vacuumed the whole house, then washed the kitchen floor. Stripped the bed and remade it and washed all the sheets and mattress cover. Stepdaughter just texted us that she is sick with covid. Mr L called her , and she sounds pretty sick. She's not sure if she has to quarantine or not, if the kids have to quarantine from school, etc. She did an at home test, not sure how reliable those are. We both told her to go to Urgent Care and get a test done from them. Thankfully they haven't been here since Christmas so we won't get it from her.

Talk about unreliable postal mail. The drug company for Eliquis sent me a letter dated Jan 5, which I got today,requesting a copy of our 2020 tax return top page, proving adjusted gross income within 10 business days. well its Jan 21, and well past 10 business days, but they told me not to worry about that. Then we have to meet 3% of that in out of pocket expenses for meds for 2022 and then they will send me the Eliquis for free. But that means I have to go and pay $790 (plus my yearly $480 deductible) to get it next week, and have the cardiologist office fax the receipt for the meds I pick up that day, and the tax return page to them. That $790, plus having to pay for Mr L's amiodarone and mine, will take care of the 3% so by February they might be sending the med to me for free. (fingers X'd) Both of us got our Farxiga free in the mail today, 90 days worth each, which saves us $618 each. I thank Astro Zeneca big time for that one! Still waiting for letters on the Entresto for both of us. Will talk to the girl at the hospital who handles that when I go to the clinic on Thursday.

Stay warm all

As far as emails, When DD was getting married, she set an email account just for that. When she went to bridal shows and such, it all went there. I thin DS may have done that too.

I was reading an article online about grocery store shortages. Here is an interesting list of things people can't get.

After Eat This, Not That asked its readers to respond with the grocery store disruptions frustrating them the most? Hereā€™s a look at the answers they got back.

Customers from around the US responded. And they pointed to shortages of:

• Cat food. ā€œThe pet-food shortage is real, and owners are scrambling,ā€ The Wall Street Journal reported in December. Citing one pet owner: ā€œItā€™s been a waking nightmare.ā€
  • Also, cream cheese
  • Dried pasta
  • Refrigerated cinammon rolls
  • and cold remedies, including products like DayQuil and NyQuil.
Those, again, were only the answers cited by respondents to this new poll. In recent months, other products caught up in the grocery store shortage have included wine and spirits. As well as fresh produce.

I know the pasta aisle was pretty empty and I've been twice looking for cinnamon rolls.

@Breezy_Carol---the only shortage on that list in our stores has been the cat food. There has been plenty of cream cheese and cinnamon rolls (I know because I bought a 2 pack of the cinnamon rolls and a carton of cream cheese on Wednesday. ). No shortage of dried pasta, but the condiments row was probably the most empty one along with the cat food. Dog food row has been full, which makes no sense to me. Aren't the cans of dog food and cat food made out of the same material?

I was reading an article online about grocery store shortages. Here is an interesting list of things people can't get.

Ugh, and I need to hit the grocery store this weekend!
Knock wood I've not had any problem with cream cheese, something I'd say I buy 2 X per month. I'm due for some more, so hope I can get it. I've noticed that my preferred brand of half & half, Land O' Lakes, is hard to come by and has been for a good month or two since I've gotten my hands on it. I guess I have it easy as I no longer need to buy for kids and my dog food has thankfully been plentiful. It does sound like the cat food situation is getting kinda dicey and that stinks. One of my co-workers has several cats with different feeding needs and she's been trying to supplement her Chewy orders and what she can get there by going to local grocery stores - mainly Food Lion or Acme - and trying to keep a supply of her needed cat food up.

Down & back from my running around and looking forward to getting home this afternoon. I have a date with my husband and dog in the third story enclosed porch off of the in-law suite. We never go up there...but there is a electric fireplace and a good view of the sunset from inside so we've decided to go sit up there in the dark and watch the sunset from the warmth of inside. Before we move back to the main house and the fireplace there :thumbsup2 We are creatures of habit if nothing else! First though I have to run into Walgreens to pick up a few RX's - and of course they had to close down the drive thru pick up lane so inside I need to go.

Have a good late afternoon/early evening everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter