Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Wednesday! :cutie:

Was able to get the arthritis ointment that Pea-n-me suggested. Praying this works. I also found a pair of jeans so my little errand trip was successful.

Made BBQ chicken last night, turned out really good and I had just enough left over for lunch today. Saved me from buying lunch. We're supposed to get another round of snow and rain today. Hopefully the snow will be more south of us.

Well, that's all that I have to report on, kinda boring. Hope everyone has a good day! :wave2:

Today is the day!

Good morning all! My appointment for installation is set for an afternoon window. Please cross fingers it comes. My hands are dried out from cleaning in general and can use a break.

Meanwhile it's going to be warmer today so I'm going to work on cleaning up car and van. This weekend I'm supposed to go to Hilton Head. I may be traveling solo or with 1 or 2 grands. Solo equals driving the hybrid car, much cheaper. Taking grands means driving the old beat up van that is mechanically sound, has loads of space and will give an area to stop and move around and do other things (eat lunch) without having to expose us to the general public. One grand is a toss up but still leaning towards van.

Anyway, by the time we get there the temperature here will be cold and Hilton Head Island should be low 50ties unless it improves or downgrades, but still better/warmer than here.

Also, I have to go sign up for my free Sam's Club membership. (credit card offer and local offer combines to free). Means less expensive gas while driving the gas hog.

Today is the day!

Good morning all! My appointment for installation is set for an afternoon window. Please cross fingers it comes. My hands are dried out from cleaning in general and can use a break.

Meanwhile it's going to be warmer today so I'm going to work on cleaning up car and van. This weekend I'm supposed to go to Hilton Head. I may be traveling solo or with 1 or 2 grands. Solo equals driving the hybrid car, much cheaper. Taking grands means driving the old beat up van that is mechanically sound, has loads of space and will give an area to stop and move around and do other things (eat lunch) without having to expose us to the general public. One grand is a toss up but still leaning towards van.

Anyway, by the time we get there the temperature here will be cold and Hilton Head Island should be low 50ties unless it improves or downgrades, but still better/warmer than here.

Also, I have to go sign up for my free Sam's Club membership. (credit card offer and local offer combines to free). Means less expensive gas while driving the gas hog.
we will be at DHHIR as well this weekend!

So, who used my address to order tests

That's odd. I saw on my (our?)local news this morning that folks who live in apartment complexes, as well as single family homes, are getting that error message - however the USPS is saying it's "extremely limited to only a few address and shouldn't be a issue". Well, we know how efficient the USPS is, so that must be it! :rolleyes2
We need to know what thread. This is close to the only one I read.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/masks-while-not-in-use-in-parks.3867554/page-4#post-63691020
Ritz Cracker chicken
I've never heard of this, so I googled. Looks like something my husband might like to try...and I have two sleeves of Ritz so perhaps we will give it a shot!
Mr L's Gold Peak Ice Tea.
You are preaching to the choir w/ the iced tea!!!! I don't usually drink it, and when I do I prefer unsweetened...with that said I have had reasons over the the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays to buy it - and I like to keep some in the house as husband and youngest like it - and it's darn near impossible to find in any brand!
I had mini tacos this morning for breakfast and they were delicious.
It's been a while since I've made breakfast tacos, I think you've given me a idea for Sunday's breakfast this weekend! Thanks -

Good morning to you all. Not a whole lot going on today. Nice & sunny, supposed to be about 50 this afternoon. I have to go and pick up a car that was getting detailed later this afternoon, depending on when it's done. We've all but decided to reschedule our trip to Austria & Hungary this spring. Between being limited to what we can do (we like to wander around the towns on our own) and the daily testing casting a possibility of quarantine it's just not sounding as fun. Watching the news, they are starting to use the word endemic in Europe, and trying to decide when to postpone it to, which is like trying to read tea leaves! It's disappointing, but looking necessary. It's a lot of $$$ to spend if you aren't going to be enjoying it fully.

Burrrr this weekend looks cold in our neck of the woods! And maybe snow over night on Friday. Our niece is popping over for a few hours Saturday afternoon, then my SIL & BIL and their daughter are coming over for dinner on Saturday evening to hang out. I'm making my famous pizza delivery :lmao: Sunday I need to hit the grocery store and we have to split some wood and get it in the barn. We usually order a few cords of wood each year but this year we used A LOT being home for about 20 days in December, so we are going to need a bit more to make it till the spring.

I think Saturday evening will be a great opportunity to bake up the last of the cookie dough in freezer from Christmas, I'll have to remember to do that.

Have a good morning everyone.

Today is grocery day. Aldi, Walmart SuperCenter and Giant (Martins), if Walmart doesn't have Mr L's Gold Peak Ice Tea. They seem to carry it all summer, and into the fall, and then it disappears in the winter. People don't stop drinking ice tea then? LOL!
Sometimes you wonder about the grocery stores and what they consider seasonal. The Kroger I go to has had a really good cranberry/walnut bread that they only have during the holidays. I would like it all year long. Central Market has something comparable but the closest one is too far for a loaf of bread.

I've never heard of this, so I googled. Looks like something my husband might like to try...and I have two sleeves of Ritz so perhaps we will give it a shot!
The recipe I use calls for milk and one egg instead of butter. I used to make Cheese Nip chicken which was far better than the Ritz Cracker recipe. DH didn't like it because you dipped the chicken in butter, he felt like it was too greasy even when I cooked it on a baking rack over a cookie sheet. I can't get Cheese Nips around here any more and Cheese Its don't taste the same so I'm stuck with Ritz Crackers. Whatever you do, make sure you have some seasonings on it, I like to use pepper and onion salt but I know some recipes call for garlic salt. We're not real big garlic fans so hence the onion salt.

Have a good day!

Good Morning,

:grouphug:Snowysmom, I am truly so glad the dog brought you some added comfort. I do hope the memory quilt will provide even more peace and helpful rest to you, my friend.

I hope you find the tea, Lynn, and all other needed items, of course, too. Please be safe out there, my friend and get back home to warmth quick!

Prayers the cream helps you, Footballmouse. Glad you got yourself jeans and enjoyed a tasty dinner, too.

LOL, PollyannaMom. Your cat must also not get why we bother to change the clocks either. I am sorry you were awakened so early though :( Get some extra rest today!

Judique, prayers all goes smoothly with your dishwasher installation!

Hug, Easyas, I'm sorry you needed to reschedule your trips. ITA that with the expense of it and travel time, it made very good and safe sense to postpone until this plague is gone. Glad you have some weekend extra family time to look forward too.

Kirby, I hope all in your household are continuing to feel better!

At 7:40 or so last night, the mailman who we gave the chair to delivered two packages to us. Dad saw him across the street a little later. The mailman did not come back with mailbox mail. I started a list a little while ago of missing important mail which is mostly crosswords for dad :( I feel so badly about that for all the kindness of folks who sent them. I do pray they will come.

Cool morning here. Another good cocoa day :) I'll check back later. Have a good day, friends.

We have full sunshine, blue skies, with fluffy white clouds and it's 54 degrees outside. Neither Walmart nor Aldi's were crowded, I went through an empty U Scan again. Walmart had plenty of the Gold Peak Sweet Tea today.

The only rows that seemed empty were cat food, as usual..and the condiments row? They only had a few jars of mayonnaise. There was a ton of Miracle Whip, a few jars of Kraft mayonnaise, a few of Dukes,,and about 3 cases of Great Value Brand (which we don't like).

Everything is put away, I widened the driveway a little more so the sun can melt it..and I am off to relax.

Might try that Ritz Chicken if someone gives me the recipe, please!

We have full sunshine, blue skies, with fluffy white clouds and it's 54 degrees outside.

Same here, enjoying it while we can, tomorrow morning looks a proper, slushy mess.

There was a ton of Miracle Whip

That's cause it's disgusting and no one wants to buy it -even in the midst of food shortages:tiptoe::rotfl2::tiptoe: Sorry - I have a primal response to Miracle Whip.

I've solved the dinner dilemma for today by putting some meatballs & arrabiata sauce in the crock pot. Usually I use marinara, but all I had was a big jar of Rao's and I wasn't sacrificing that for a small amount of meatballs. Besides, we will see how this tastes, I think it will be good. We'll have it as meatball sandwiches or with pasta. It's a good meal for tonight because I think we may be hauling some logs from the other side of the farm into the upper barn to bring up to split this weekend and I can help my husband with that without needing to babysit dinner.

There are several on google I found. I'm going to try it with the Cheese It's sometime soon!

Good afternoon.

Sunny out but calling for snow overnight, less than an inch.

Started the day with CFA breakfast. I had a free sandwich in my app so we went and ate in the parking lot. Stopped at Tractor Supply for corn cobs for the squirrels then Food Lion for a medium size shop. No ground turkey I wanted to make chili tonight so I have everything but the meat. They had other ground meat but I’ll wait to see if they get it in a few days. Having chicken sausage I got to try for dinner instead. DD said they were low WW points and she liked them. The other thing they didn’t t have were cinnamon rolls in a can. In fact, the section in the cold foods of those biscuits and rolls in cans was almost empty, Lots of empty shelfs today but they were the only things I couldn’t get.

@easyas123, thanks for the link. I thought your response was witty, not snarky.

My hands are dried out from cleaning
I am one of the few that still uses rubber gloves whenever I hand wash dishes or pot and pans.

We've all but decided to reschedule our trip to Austria & Hungary this spring.
Too bad. I need to call Royal Caribbean and cancel our cruise for early March. I hope I don’t totally lose my deposit. It is to the southern Caribbean and, from what I read, many ports are closed and I don’t want to be stuck on a ship if it gets quarantined.

I'm making my famous pizza delivery
Recipe please.

Same here, enjoying it while we can, tomorrow morning looks a proper, slushy mess.

That's cause it's disgusting and no one wants to buy it -even in the midst of food shortages:tiptoe::rotfl2::tiptoe: Sorry - I have a primal response to Miracle Whip.

Sorry but I like Miracle Whip for some things. It's the only thing I will use for my potato salad and for my devilled eggs. I have no other use for it besides those 2 things,,lol!

I've solved the dinner dilemma for today by putting some meatballs & arrabiata sauce in the crock pot. Usually I use marinara, but all I had was a big jar of Rao's and I wasn't sacrificing that for a small amount of meatballs. Besides, we will see how this tastes, I think it will be good. We'll have it as meatball sandwiches or with pasta. It's a good meal for tonight because I think we may be hauling some logs from the other side of the farm into the upper barn to bring up to split this weekend and I can help my husband with that without needing to babysit dinner.

There are several on google I found. I'm going to try it with the Cheese It's sometime soon!

I'm so glad the :sunny:is out for more of you dear Quackers today. Here it's mostly overcast. warmer the rest of the week.

I love your pizza "recipe," Easyas🍕

Dad said CVS had no Colgate toothpastes this morning. Not one. The only reason he was going to get it there was because we had both $1 Extra Buck, $2 off $5 in Colgate (CVS coupon) + 40% off one item so even for raised CVS prices that would have been cheap. He did get a bargain instead on some labels. He got what we needed at Ralph's afterwards, too.

No mail here yet. We're also expecting a package from Walmart via FedEx--at least that ought to come!

🌷for each of you.

These are the two recipes I have.

I noticed a lot of random stuff out yesterday as well. :(
Fritos are a hot commodity right now. Everyone is looking for them. Sausage has been too for Christmas and New Year's.

Lil Joe and Lou Lou's test results came back positive. Hopefully DH's and mine will show up overnight. I expect them to be positive also.

Today was dreary and colder as the day went by with wind gusts in the 20's. We expect to have below freezing temps overnight for the next week with sunny days and highs from upper 30's to lower 50's depending upon the day.

Dinner tonight was a crockpot beef vegetable stew.

Oh no, dear Kirby :( I am so sorry. Huge prayers all-around, extra for the kids of course! I "liked" your post for the recipe shared with other Quackers. Big hug my friend.

Another day of no mailbox mail. Dad did call the USPS 800# this afternoon. A nice rep gave him a case number and just said we will hear back within 2 days. She was apologetic. We did get threw packages through the mail at the early hour (for here lately) of 4:30. One of those packages was birthday crosswords! :)

Hug to all and please stay warm and have sweet dreams, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter