Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Josh and I do Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube every other day. It's probably not like real yoga...it's a British lady who tells a story while you do the stretches and she moves pretty quickly...

Cosmic Kids is great! I used to do it occasionally with my little niece. I don't think the story makes the poses any less "real" - plus, it's something to focus on besides my breathing. :laughing: (I think I need a class that combines yoga with a trivia contest or something.)

...My favorite one so far has been the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone one (she condenses it down to 30 minutes).

My favorite was a Christmas one, but I haven't seen the Harry Potter one. I may need to look for it. :teeth: )

And cool on all the Star Trek presents!!

Today is my anniversary. We have been married 44 years. I got married very young. It just seemed like a good idea at the time! LOL! It is funny when I think back to those times and how things were then and then how things are now. It was a much quieter time, people seemed nicer and more helpful, and it seemed less stressful. Of course 2020 has been a disaster of a year. 1976 was a pretty good year. I appreciate the people on this thread because everyone is nice and caring so it makes me think of earlier times. We are going out for pizza and salad. We had that on our wedding day for supper. We got married at 11 am and had a noontime reception. Our honeymoon was in Orlando with visits to Magic Kingdom. It was the beginning of a love for Disney.

Happy anniversary.
We got married young as well.

I can be sentimental and really liked a love song called "Still the One." I do know sadly the couple who inspired the song did not last but the idea of it being true is awesome. My Grandparents married at just about 20 and 21 (they had also grown up together). They were married going on 54 years before Grandpa most unexpectedly passed away. They had some rocky times for sure and could be opposites in personality but definitely loved one another :)

Wow, FlyingDumbo, your post got me researching that song. I was at Ithaca College in upstate NY 1971-1975. The group Orleans was a big deal there at the time and sang a song by that title. The research shows that I think it is the one you mentioned as the song writer John Hall, a member of the group, later divorced his wife. He was also from Baltimore and became a politician. Very interesting to me. And I always liked that song.

Dinner tonight was tuna salad, hard boiled eggs, tomato (from my garden, don't be mad) and crescent rolls.

I was reading a story in the local paper about an local young man who achieved Eagle Scout which brought a question to my mind.

QOTD - Friday 7/17 - were you ever involved in scouting?

I was in Girl Scouts Brownies through Seniors until I graduated high school. I was also an Explorer Boy Scout. Our GS troop did some volunteer activities with a BS troop so I joined the Explorer post they joined to continue activities. As an adult, I was GS leader for my DD's troop for a few years until she stopped after middle school. DH is an Eagle scout and involved in DS's scouts until he dropped it in maybe 5th grade. It just wasn't his thing.

:guilty: That is a bit of a sad story for me. I wanted to be a Brownie in first grade. We went to the initial meeting but somehow my mother must not have followed up. There was a lot going on in my household at the time. So everyone came to school in their brownie uniforms - but me. :sad: For a long time I thought they somehow didn’t want me, not realizing until much later what must’ve happened. So I never had the opportunity. But I think it’s something I would’ve liked.

Carol, I apologize for not including "You're" originally in the song title. It's called "You're Still the One by Shania Twain. I'll have to Google what you found :)

I was very briefly a girl scout. I think maybe from 10-11 if even that....I never felt apart of the troop possibly because most of the girls had known one another forever and I was the new kid. I felt "too old" for it perhaps. We've had a couple kids at church recognized at a Sunday service after getting to the Eagle Scout level. One young man last year as (I think) his final project before being granted that title, helped with our Food Pantry.

Hug, Pea-Me, I'm sorry :(

Lynxstch, I believe my Grandma was Cub Scout parent for my Dad's troop so many years ago! Thank you for doing that for your son, too.

That is really cool Gwynne, that got to both be a Campfire girl and go to summer camp (hopefully with some of those friends as well). I would have loved that as a kid!

I'm most thankful to share my new Galaxy phone came and it's box was completely brand new. The outer packaging, however, was once again a huge disappointment. Very clear the box had been opened including tamper tape present. No apartment # except for on a small side sticker. The package was left by the building's mailboxes. Something about Bloomington like I said earlier. This time the box itself was in better condition than last week's box so that's why we decided to open it. Plus, if the actual phone box inside had not been brand new, back it would have gone pronto! I will say as an FYI to anyone in SoCal ordering a phone from Wal-Mart where it might stop in Bloomington be careful! It's charging now and I'll set it up later :)Thank you for your prayers and kind listening ears on this for so long!

Other Friday Gratitude:

Thanks to sharing with a few Dis friends within this thread already I pray to have a much more concise idea in the works about the kindness project I have referred to. My heartfelt thanks to those who have reached out already and sincere gratitude to all of you for absolutely helping to rekindle this drive in me. I will send out some PM's about this to a few more active friends in this lovely thread later or tomorrow. Anyone here, please feel welcome to PM me about this or just to say hi. I'm here for you :)

A sweet email from a church camp parent and friend. And all-around nice PM's in general.

Clean laundry!

Last edited:
Clean Laundry.... ALWAYS a win!

I wasn’t into scouting g, and neither were my boys... ironically enough because it wouldkeep them from hunting/fishing/boating!!!
My husband though- whew does he have some stories about going to Boy Scout gamborees and meetings in the early & mid 80’s! Stories that could be a John Hughes movie or 2 for sure!!

I was in Girl Scouts Brownies through Seniors until I graduated high school. I was also an Explorer Boy Scout. Our GS troop did some volunteer activities with a BS troop so I joined the Explorer post they joined to continue activities. As an adult, I was GS leader for my DD's troop for a few years until she stopped after middle school. DH is an Eagle scout and involved in DS's scouts until he dropped it in maybe 5th grade. It just wasn't his thing.

I was a girl scout for several years.
DD was also
DS is an Eagle scout

I was at Ithaca College in upstate NY 1971-1975. The group Orleans was a big deal there at the time and sang a song by that title.

I grew up in that part of New York! Sense of time is foggy when you’re little, but maybe an hour or so from Ithaca??

I was a Brownie, briefly. I enjoyed it, but our troop wasn’t big enough, and they were going to split us up for the next year between two neighboring towns. We all dropped out instead. (I always said the one thing I learned in Brownies was loyalty. LOL)

I was a den mother for DS’s Cub Scout pack for five years, though. We definitely had some fun, but he wanted room in his schedule other activities, and did not go on to Boy Scouts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter