Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Movies - good question auntiemae
Me , I would rather buy a $6.99-9.99 book at the warehouse club to read. But Hubbie enjoys the theatre for ALL, yes ALL the Marvel movies that have come out in the last 15+ years. They are fun to see on the huge imax screen
Third summer in a row. I plan to take kids to drive in movies, hopefully we’ll make it this summer my first movie was ET with my aunt in the 80s

We occasionally go to the movies. It will be awhile before we do again. In the meantime, movie night at home is fun. I want to watch the 2019 version of Little Women again so I think that's my next pick.

@lovemygoofy thinking of you. Sending a hug your way. :hug:

Gratitudes
Thankful for the quiet peaceful moments in the morning.
Grateful for phone calls with my friend.

Gratitudes:

Sweet email and PM's from friends
Being able to order on Amazon 12x12 cardstock just in time to complete an album for my Dad for Father's Day

I agree with you, Gwynne about peace in the early morning. I actually feel best early in the day, too. Also, when first I wake up, I enjoy those quiet, stiller moments of prayer and thanks to God. I also so enjoy bedtime Communion with Him right before starting to rest.

A sweet question for today: What is your favorite type of candy? 🍬

I have never been a true candy-holic. My beloved Grandma could never quite understand that. She adored all candy, especially Reese's. When I was in college every now and then (have no clue really why because I am not a caramel fan--my Dad is) I would treat myself to a Twix. Years later, every so often it was plain m and m's. I am not able to eat most candy now due to greater TMJ issues. I do enjoy a taste of milk chocolate fudge every now and then (like at Disneyland or that a friend makes) Lately, I do enjoy a a small piece of a Nestle Crunch Bar now and then (the long flat kind).

I think my very favorite "candy" ever that I miss, was fresh spun pink cotton candy at Disneyland! The pre-bagged kind that they offer these days is not at all the same. I was so disappointed when the cotton candy carts went away.

How about each of you? Do you have a sweet tooth for candy? :)

Heading to bed here on the east coast, but checked in one more time, so I’ll be the first to answer
Movies - buncha cruncha ( nestle crunch bar pieces)
Driving long distances in the car - cherry starburst or werthers original hard Carmel’s , both bad for my TMJ but better than chewing gum
Halloween time - sixlets, nostalgia from being a kid at the swimming pool concession stand
Weight loss - tootsie roll pops, ate the. In college while studying. I did not gain the freshmen fifteen pounds, but did end up with 2 cavities
I’m looking forward to hearing from all of you about your favorites and the memories attached . Thanks for starting flying dumbo

Definite sweet tooth.
Chocolate for me :love: As I've gotten older, I prefer dark.
Love it with almost everything.....mint, cherry, orange, raspberry, caramel, raisins
My snack most days is some semi sweet chocolate chips

I try to stay with the dark, but I love peanut butter M&Ms.

I have never been a true candy-holic. My beloved Grandma could never quite understand that. She adored all candy, especially Reese's. When I was in college every now and then (have no clue really why because I am not a caramel fan--my Dad is) I would treat myself to a Twix. Years later, every so often it was plain m and m's. I am not able to eat most candy now due to greater TMJ issues. I do enjoy a taste of milk chocolate fudge every now and then (like at Disneyland or that a friend makes) Lately, I do enjoy a a small piece of a Nestle Crunch Bar now and then (the long flat kind).

I think my very favorite "candy" ever that I miss, was fresh spun pink cotton candy at Disneyland! The pre-bagged kind that they offer these days is not at all the same. I was so disappointed when the cotton candy carts went away.

How about each of you? Do you have a sweet tooth for candy? :)

Paydays
Chocolate, dark or milk, as long as there are no raisins. /shudder
Dark chocolate sea salt caramel; dark chocolate covered espresso beans
Cotton Candy
Jelly beans (Gimbal's are amazeballs), pixie sticks (pure sugar haha :tigger: ), Wax bottles
Necco wafers, Tart n tinys (the original ones, not the new candy coated abominations), Nerds
Zotz!
Those sour fruit chewy balls are my favorite non-chocolate

No gummy bears or similar candies. ick
nothing licorice. well, occasionally a red licorice whip, but black licorice is horrible.

And now, I want something sweet. Jeez. Good thing I'm hitting the dollar store tomorrow, along with the post office, Kohls and Fresh Market.

I love dark chocolate so I'll have a bit of that here and there, especially if mixed in with my hot chocolate. Does that mean my mocha lattes count? Lol. 🤔

As for actual candy, my favs come out around Halloween (I adore those bite sized portions) which are: Twix, Peanut Chews, Almond Joy, Whoppers, Crunch, Snickers Peanut Butter, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

When I was younger, Chunky was my favorite. I still love them, but they are rarely found around here anymore. So now my favorite is M&M's pretzel. Do not put me near a bag of them if you want any, because they will be gone before you can get one! I also like Hershey's dark chocolate now and then, and raisinettes.
Good question @flyingdumbo127 !

Dark chocolate nonpareils!
We have a local company that makes natural peanut butter cups that are amazing!
Then there’s the licorice cherry red or black wheels, I love those too!

I am thankful for my friends who text often and have helped make this time more bearable! Then special friends are going to meet us in TN this weekend, because we all think it Is safe enough for this road trip.

I have a wicked sweet tooth, but geared more towards desserts than candy, however I find it impossible to turn down a swedish fish! Just the red ones...I used to keep a secret stash of them in my car, and the kids found them. So for the last 10-15 years, every Christmas they get me a big bag of red swedish fish from Boscovs (a groovy, older department store in our 'area' that somehow is managing to hang on and keep their stores open)

What a sweet way to start this Tuesday. (I had to think for a moment what day it was :p) Thanks everyone for the fun answers and memories shared, too :) I'm sorry for asking the question so late last night, it was just one I got to thinking about then :)

Sparkle, thinking about Werther's, I have vague memory (not content specific just of the characters in it) of a commercial with a grandfather and his granddaughter. That was always dear to me because my own Grandpa was. These days whenever I have a cough or really dry throat, I turn to Werther's original!

One year the Musical Theater kids at church camp put on a show all about candy. One of the songs was about gummy bears lol. I know two church people are huge fans of that candy. I never was, no chocolate in them :D I did think it would be fun to one year to a candy themed trunk or treat car.

Easyas123, ITA all the way about desserts over candy! :)

Hugs and Happy Tuesday to all!

Dark chocolate.
Take 5 candy bars. Hard to find.
Also like Chunky, And Reese's peanut butter cups.
And just found a dark chocolate bar that DS gave me for my birthday but they carry in my grocery store - Endangered Species chocolate bars. So good.

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a nice dinner, and many more years of happiness! pixiedust:
Dark chocolate.
Take 5 candy bars. Hard to find.
Also like Chunky, And Reese's peanut butter cups.
And just found a dark chocolate bar that DS gave me for my birthday but they carry in my grocery store - Endangered Species chocolate bars. So good.

I just bought a whole bag of the Take 5 Mini's at Walmart last Saturday. They also have them at our CVS stores. The one that I have a hard time finding --my sons favorite--Whatchamacallits!

This conversation reminds me - I have two or three pkgs of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups in my freezer due to a discussion we had about chocolate bars vs. peanut butter cups in s'mores....but we never took the conversation to it's final ending and never made the s'mores that way! I think I have an idea for this weekend 😆

What a sweet way to start this Tuesday. (I had to think for a moment what day it was :p) Thanks everyone for the fun answers and memories shared, too :) I'm sorry for asking the question so late last night, it was just one I got to thinking about then :)

Sparkle, thinking about Werther's, I have vague memory (not content specific just of the characters in it) of a commercial with a grandfather and his granddaughter. That was always dear to me because my own Grandpa was. These days whenever I have a cough or really dry throat, I turn to Werther's original!

One year the Musical Theater kids at church camp put on a show all about candy. One of the songs was about gummy bears lol. I know two church people are huge fans of that candy. I never was, no chocolate in them :D I did think it would be fun to one year to a candy themed trunk or treat car.

Easyas123, ITA all the way about desserts over candy! :)

Hugs and Happy Tuesday to all!
My grandfather always had peppermint Life Savers to share. Hadn’t thought about that in ages, thanks!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter