Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@lynxstch Happy Anniversary.

@Kirby So glad you got to see your mother. Good news!

@flyingdumbo127 I agree that we need to come together as a country. Kindness goes much further than nastiness. I can't watch debates or even political commercials. They are all just so depressing and nasty. We need to respect each other and each other's opinions.

Jasper is at the groomer getting his beauty treatment. He is a bit shaggy and needs a bat, clipping, and nail trim. He will sleep the rest of the day when he gets back.

We had downpours earlier this morning and now it goes between cloudy and sunny. Temps are around 70 and it is very windy.

I am not interested in any presidential debates. I cannot stand politics at all. I just spent 2 hours working outside in the beautiful weather. 68, sunny and breezy. Cleaned the gutters again (did them Monday but all the rain filled them up by knocking more off the trees). Then raked all the leaves away from the sides of the house and into the center, then got the mower out and did the whole lawn..all the grass is cut, and all the leaves are mulched. The black walnut tree still has a lot of leaves, but I got the majority of them..along with picking up another 4 5-gallon pails of walnuts. Threw them in the woods for the squirrels to take and hide and feed themselves for the winter!
Dinner is going to be butterflied shrimp, steak fries, the last garden tomato and the last ears of fresh corn. We will say goodbye to September by finishing up what we grew, lol. Have a lovely evening all!

This fascinates me! We've had indoor-outdoor cats before, and currently have barn cats. They want nothing to do with people...that is find. But cats on a leash is something I've know happens, but I've never seen it. Do you walk a cat like a dog? Or is it about letting them get out to explore a bit and check out what's doing outside while keeping them safe on a leash so they don't wig out and play hard to catch?

A coworker has several cats - she has some that she lets out for a few hours and they hang out in the yard and do they cat things like stalk birds and roll in the driveway. These cats she can leave outside and they always stick around (in a rural area). She has other cats she can let out, although not on a leash, but she has to stay with them and doesn't let hem out of her sight. Then she has one or two that don't leave the house at all.
She has a lot of cats...I'm thinking 6 or 7.
Our boy Will goes out on a leash.We really don't "walk" him,he just usually sits on the deck and watches for chipmunks and mice.Have to watch him,though-he'll work his way out of the harness if you're not careful.

I didn’t watch the debate either. Neither of them is going to change my mind at this point, and DH and I do not exactly fall in line with each other on the current choices. So politics is generally a banned subject in our house.

I do have an early “Thankful Thursday” report, though - I finally found canned pumpkin!! I stopped at Aldi’s on my way home, per a suggestion from somewhere on here (not sure if this thread or another) and they had it! So thanks again DISboards. 😃

Good to see you again, Owlpost :)

Smart of you both, PollyannaMom!

I like that, "Thankful Thursday" :) Reminds me of years ago when I was part of a summer school age program. In retrospect I do wish I had chosen to stay on with that center rather than going back to being a preschool director. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have themed days of the summer week. Including one day being a thankful/service type of day. I'll keep that in mind should I get to be involved with church summer camps again.

Thankful Thursday Gratitude from me:

All of you! Especially in light of the seemingly increasing nastiness and divide in the world.
A sweet email from a friend.
A much better night's rest last night.

Was able to add a can of pumpkin (most of it was out of stock) to my online grocery order I placed for pick up on Sunday. Of course, between now & then it may become out of stock and I'll be SOL, but it's worth the try as they say! Decided to go whole hoarder and get some more paper towels & tp even though I've got a package of each at home.

Dinner this evening is make your own pizza. I've got fresh spinach, pepperoni, carnalized onions, bell peppers, olives and ham plus leftover chicken. So, no one will starve haha!

I've been putting off some laundry folding, so I've got that to look forward to when I get home. Geez I hate folding laundry...of course, if I did it when it came out of the dryer or off the line I wouldn't be staring down two baskets of laundry to fold.

Thanks for all the nail compliments. I love them. I let her do whatever she wants and I always love it. Next time she does them, I'm going to have her do something Halloween-y and then back to fall design after that.

20 years ago today, on the beach in Myrtle Beach SC, at sunrise, I married the most wonderful man I know.
Happy Anniversary! ❤

Anyone watch the debate?
Not me....I already know who I'm voting for and already knew I wouldn't be able to sit through what I figured what was going to happen. I've started watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix so I watched that instead. ::yes::

I'm thinking maybe we will have our first indoor fire this weekend,
Nice...we love having fires in the fireplace...which reminds me I better remind hubby to order some wood.

Last night’s dinner was meatloaf, garlic mashed and carrots.
Mmm....that looks and sounds soo good. Im going to need to add that to the menu soon. We haven't had it in awhile.

Kindness goes much further than nastiness. I can't watch debates or even political commercials. They are all just so depressing and nasty. We need to respect each other and each other's opinions.
::yes:: Same with the mailers too. They go straight to the outside trash can from the mailbox.

I didn’t watch the debate either. Neither of them is going to change my mind at this point, and DH and I do not exactly fall in line with each other on the current choices. So politics is generally a banned subject in our house.
Same about changing my mind. Hubby and I usually disagree but this year we are actually in agreement on that....most other political things we talk about end up in raised voices and quickly changing the subject. :laughing: He's a little more open minded now though then he used to be. ;)

Decided to go whole hoarder and get some more paper towels & tp even though I've got a package of each at home.
I just did the same....last time I went to Costco, they had TP and paper towels so I bought both even though we just opened the last packs I bought. Doesn't hurt to have some extras just in case.

2) classic movies I can show my kids now like. The sandlot, beetle juice , cool runnings, Swiss Family Robinson
As soon as we got Disney +, I told my dad he could watch Swiss Family Robinson....its his favorite movie from when he was younger and he hadn't seen it in ages.
All you guys with Thankful Thursday are getting me confused. It's Wednesday, isn't it?
Oh man, I wish it was Thursday then I would only have 1 more day of work left.
:laughing:

I made an easy stroganoff tonight with ground turkey, cream of mushroom, a little sour cream and egg noodles. It's soo tasty and quick and easy.

Got a flu shot and bloodwork yesterday and then in 2 weeks I'll go in for a mammo and an in person visit with my Dr. Its been awhile after a year or two having to change providers after an insurance change. Hated the change so Im so happy to have my original Dr back.

Last edited:
This sad news was posted today in the Disneyland Community Board. Remembering that Sherry's name had recently come up here when the scavenger hunt idea was first mentioned, I thought those here would want to know. Comments may be left in this thread: Sherry E

Hi everyone,

I have some very sad news to share. For those of you who've been on the Disneyland boards for a while, you'll remember Sherry E, who was a Disneyland forum moderator for a few years. Her friend posted that she recently passed away.

My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

View attachment 529142

featherz said:
Hey guys, just posting to let you know that Sherry E has passed away. I know she spent a lot of time here in the past although not much recently from what I can tell. I thought she would like it if I let her Disney peeps know that she is gone, as I know that Disney was a huge part of her life. I have known her since we were in grade school and we went to Disneyland many many many times. Won't give too many details here in respect for Sherry. I am hoping my friends and I can get an obituary done soon. We are looking for family members as well, so if anyone happens to have any information, please let me know.

Heather

Thanks for letting us know about Sherry. I did just post in her thread. How sad indeed. Like others, I was hoping for a (positive) update from her. I didn't realize she was ill.

Extra hug and thanks to each of you my Dis family in this thread.

Happy thankful first of October and Thursday to all!

Thanks for letting us know about Sherry. I did just post in her thread. How sad indeed. Like others, I was hoping for a (positive) update from her. I didn't realize she was ill.

Extra hug and thanks to each of you my Dis family in this thread.

Happy thankful first of October and Thursday to all!
I was just thinking about Sherry the other day, wondering if I would see her post on the Parks Blog for Halloween Time or Holiday Time this year. So sad about her passing. Her kindness and humor are two of my earliest memories on these boards.
A grateful hug to all in this thread -- thank you for your persevering kindness and cheer!

@easyas123, thank you for fostering those lovely animals. So many need good homes...I really wish fostering (animals AND children) is something I could do. My heart is too soft and I'd end up keeping them all :love:

@PollyannaMom, I had often said that I wished our cats would go out on leashes! When we had our condo, Dio always especially seemed interested in the outdoors. Had we had leashes, they could at least have come outside onto our deck to sit with us in the evenings. We should have at least tried with Dio - he was only 2-3 at the time and probably would have tolerated it. Monster was 11-12 and most likely would have run and hid, rather than letting us put a harness and leash on her.

@Kirby, I'm glad you got to see your mom!

@AuntieMe3, I love your fall nails! Those are gorgeous!

@lynxstch, Happy Anniversary!

@gwynne, I hope your DH is doing well!

I did not watch the debate on Tuesday night. As entertaining as it probably was, politics in general makes my blood boil. My SIL is so adamant about which of the candidates she favors and she has gotten very nasty with us if we don't agree with her. I am literally afraid for my child's future. I have chosen my candidate and nothing anyone says will sway my vote at this point. I did read some funny tweets, though, and my favorite so far is how the debate was between "a steamroller with no operator and a Roomba that got stuck in a corner" :rotfl2:

I couldn't sleep on Tuesday night either. One of those times when you're lying there wide awake with your mind going a mile a minute. My heart was racing, too, and I felt like I was starting to have a vertigo attack. Plus my DH wouldn't stop bouncing around in the bed and shaking it. So I got up and went back downstairs with a book. I finally got tired around 2 a.m. So that made for a very tiring day yesterday, when I had to get up at 6:15!

Josh only had 3 online meetings yesterday, because the teachers had a half-day "professional development" day, but they all sent assignments. He had 8 things to do, 6 of which were due by the end of the day or this morning! I'm sorry, but that's a lot for a 5-year-old. He definitely has problems following directions, too. His art teacher wanted something very specific and he didn't want to do it that way. He yelled at me that I don't like anything he does. I let him do it, but this morning we redid it as requested and he was very happy with it. This morning the in-school cohort had to do their math assessment tests, so we're just now having our first online meeting.

I got half of my Michaels online order yesterday. One of the items I ordered was a tabletop figure of a raven with purple roses on a tree limb. Made of some kind of resin. I was very disappointed to receive it broken. My mom said that the UPS man threw it at the door, but it may have also broken at some other point in shipping. No stores in our area have it, and I don't want to take a chance of exchanging it and getting another broken one, so my mom is taking it back to the store this morning (since I'm stuck at home supervising distance learning). Well, she had seen some of those giant outdoor Christmas ornaments at the store, which she really liked, so I told her to see if they'd exchange the broken item for one or two of those. Today I should receive my "Olde Curiosity Shop" pillow. At least that can't break! :)

Dare I post my favorite October 1 meme?

22050065_863272003854075_4626723354399158676_n.jpg

(Tim Curry is a freaking treasure... ❤ )

Apirateslifeforme, I'd probably also want to keep foster dogs and kids! I truly thank all of you who give love to them! One day post plague, I definitely will volunteer with dogs in some way. Hugs, on the continuing schooling online frustration. That really is a ton for a 5 year old to do :( Prayers always that grows much more child (and parent) friendly! I'm so sorry your item arrived broken :( I do hope your mom is able to use credit from it toward something else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter