Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

My boys....:love:

Bingo...is about 8 years old. We were Kmart one day and some guy was trying to sell him for way to much money out in front of the store. Hubby was obsessed with him while we were shopping and when we went to leave. Once we were in the car I told him to tell the guy we would take him if nobody wanted him. So hubby offered a small amount and gave him our number. The man called about 15 minutes later and we went back to pick him up. We think he was about a year old when we got him. Bingo is obsessed with hubby....wants all of his attention when he's home. He gets so sad and depressed when hubby is gone. He does sleep on the floor on my side of the bed and if he needs something(to go out, food, water, one of his toys) he knows to come to me or he'll never get what he needs. :laughing: He can be a little annoying because he's so vocal, and really gets in your face but he's too cute. He is obsessed with balls as you can see in the picture. He's 113lbs....he's a big boy.

Buddy....my Bubby....OMG...I love this dog. He's my baby and I don't think he knows he's a dog. :laughing: He's 126 lbs and really tall for a GS. We got him when he was 3 months old and he's been my baby every since. :confused3 :laughing: He's 9 years old. He will only lay on his dog bed or a blanket I put down on the floor. Before we got our new couches, he would only lay on the couch :sad2: but learned real quick he couldn't go up there anymore with the new ones. He's our "special needs" dog. He has dog lupus so he's on all kinds of meds and supplements and we spend a lot of time going to the vet, which he LOVES. :sad2::laughing: He's supposed to avoid the sun so he will only go out to go to the bathroom or he lays on the grass in the shade when he does want to be out, which isn't very often. You all might remember he had a leg injury earlier in the year but we decided against surgery because of his age and size. The vet said he's so large, it might not be able to heal properly and it's not really negatively affecting his lifestyle and he's not in pain, he can live limping a little for as long as he's with us.

We are soo attached to these dogs, hubby has already said when its there time, we will not be getting anymore dogs but I can't imagine not ever having anymore so we'll see. DD says she's not having kids only dogs so maybe we'll have to make due with grand-dogs. :lmao:

Wow....sorry so long but I'm kinda obsessed with my dogs. ::yes::

My Toto, a Cairn Terrier. We love him to pieces, and he is a great dog to have. Couldn’t have asked for a better boy! We really like how easy it is to have a small dog compared to a large one. He barely makes any mess at all, and his fur is more like hair. Grooming is the tricky piece with this type of dog, but we deal with it.

04D28350-955C-459B-ABC2-BCFF9F844BD6.jpeg

They were bred to flush vermin out of rocks (cairns, as they’re called in Scotland), so he loves being around rocks of any kind! I’m always afraid a rat is going to jump out (no offense to my little guy below 🐭).Cairns are an active breed. He can be a couch potato as long as he’s had a good workout. Otherwise he wants to go out and do something.

FB01EF95-406B-4A75-8051-8D4FE7E2EC8B.jpeg

This was Toto when he was a puppy, shortly before my last German Shepherd passed. Yes, his color darkened! You could see, he adored his big sister! (And I miss her so much! 😭 She was my girl!)

F4E0BD61-72D8-4E0B-8C01-555693D1AFC3.jpeg

My last two Shepherds were on wheels, that’s why I went to a small dog even though I love the breed. I just needed a break, as it was hard work caring for them when they couldn’t walk in addition to caring for my mother (and patients). I always loved Toto from The Wizard of Oz, so, after a long search, we got one. I’ve been wanting to bring another Shepherd into our home for a long while, but, again, the search process for the right one is tough (and I had a lot going on until fairly recently). This is the very sweet girl I am trying to adopt. I am not sure it will work out, as she is in another country. But we’re trying! Keep sending good vibes!

DA646C12-806B-4AF4-B181-00504B8F0FE1.jpeg

This is our cute little hamster. We always have one. DD cares for him. He comes out almost every night to run around for a while. He doesn’t bite and loves his snacks, which he gets when he wakes up and comes out of his cage. He runs in his ball or the sunroom if we keep the door shut and Toto can’t get at him! He does like to peer through the glass door. He is fascinated by him but knows he’s part of the family and doesn’t really react to him much. We don’t chance it, though!

00525F7C-A540-40C0-BC73-01C42205C2F2.jpeg

We are a pet-loving family! :dog:

My boys....:love:

View attachment 528680
Bingo...is about 8 years old. We were Kmart one day and some guy was trying to sell him for way to much money out in front of the store. Hubby was obsessed with him while we were shopping and when we went to leave. Once we were in the car I told him to tell the guy we would take him if nobody wanted him. So hubby offered a small amount and gave him our number. The man called about 15 minutes later and we went back to pick him up. We think he was about a year old when we got him. Bingo is obsessed with hubby....wants all of his attention when he's home. He gets so sad and depressed when hubby is gone. He does sleep on the floor on my side of the bed and if he needs something(to go out, food, water, one of his toys) he knows to come to me or he'll never get what he needs. :laughing: He can be a little annoying because he's so vocal, and really gets in your face but he's too cute. He is obsessed with balls as you can see in the picture. He's 113lbs....he's a big boy.
View attachment 528674

Buddy....my Bubby....OMG...I love this dog. He's my baby and I don't think he knows he's a dog. :laughing: He's 126 lbs and really tall for a GS. We got him when he was 3 months old and he's been my baby every since. :confused3 :laughing: He's 9 years old. He will only lay on his dog bed or a blanket I put down on the floor. Before we got our new couches, he would only lay on the couch :sad2: but learned real quick he couldn't go up there anymore with the new ones. He's our "special needs" dog. He has dog lupus so he's on all kinds of meds and supplements and we spend a lot of time going to the vet, which he LOVES. :sad2::laughing: He's supposed to avoid the sun so he will only go out to go to the bathroom or he lays on the grass in the shade when he does want to be out, which isn't very often. You all might remember he had a leg injury earlier in the year but we decided against surgery because of his age and size. The vet said he's so large, it might not be able to heal properly and it's not really negatively affecting his lifestyle and he's not in pain, he can live limping a little for as long as he's with us.
View attachment 528678

We are soo attached to these dogs, hubby has already said when its there time, we will not be getting anymore dogs but I can't imagine not ever having anymore so we'll see. DD says she's not having kids only dogs so maybe we'll have to make due with grand-dogs. :lmao:

Wow....sorry so long but I'm kinda obsessed with my dogs. ::yes::
Love them, and the stories about them! :lovestruc Laying there they remind me so much of a brother/sister pair we had. Great dogs!

I know that feeling. Someone on my golden retriever forum commented that a dog gives you 5000 good day and 1 really bad one. I hate going through that bad one.

I have a strict "no rodent" rule in this house.

I know that feeling. Someone on my golden retriever forum commented that a dog gives you 5000 good day and 1 really bad one. I hate going through that bad one.

I have a strict "no rodent" rule in this house.

Good morning DIS family lol Carol, that line made me laugh. You would hate my stepdaughters house. They have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 grandson has 3 BIG snakes, and they keep frozen rats in the freezer to feed them. (ICK!).They also keep crickets to feed to some of them. Grandson also had 3 large rats as pets at one time..gave me the creeps everytime he asked me if I wanted to see them! They also have fish, turtles, and rabbits. I will stick with my cats!
Its a gray , rainy, 63 degree day outside. Our trees have been dropping leaves like crazy and my whole yard is a carpet of leaves. I think I may go down and clean more in the cellar today, signed the estimate for the heating and cooling system yesterday , and they hope to have it installed within 2 weeks. I am in a cleaning mood, which means if it hasn't seen the light of day or been used for the 17 years we have lived here, it's getting pitched!
Have a great day everyone..loving all the dog pics, I'm just not a dog person, lol!

They have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 grandson has 3 BIG snakes, and they keep frozen rats in the freezer to feed them. (ICK!).They also keep crickets to feed to some of them. Grandson also had 3 large rats as pets at one time..gave me the creeps everytime he asked me if I wanted to see them! They also have fish, turtles, and rabbits. I will stick with my cats!
I used to babysit for a family that had a rat room. It was wall to wall rat cages and most had large sticks (like ladders) from the cage to the ground so they could climb out if they wanted. :scared: Thankfully, they took the sticks out and closed the door when I was there.

Please keep all creepy crawlies and rat like critters far from me! Dogs! :) Love the furry friend stories. Thank you all for giving many such a good home.

I've had just two dogs in my life. Gigi (grandparents poodle who was ancient). She passed when I was very young. Then later Champ. In between, I did have a goldfish named Starky! :)

Last edited:
When DD was in elementary school, she was friends with the girl across the street. (This is the same girl who's dog pooped in our yard.) She had guinea pigs, so of course DD wanted one. This is when the no rodent rule started.

When I was working and doing home care, I would often help my older patients with pet care if needed. Fill a water bowl on the floor. Scoop out dog food. I did draw the line when one family member told be about the bird care for a patient. The bird, maybe a parrot, was elderly and could fall from it's perch. As my patient had a hip replacement and could not bend to the floor, they asked if I would pick up the bird and help it back to the perch. That was a big NO!

I had hamsters growing up, and DH and I had two when we first bought our house, but we thought our hamster days were over. Even though they’re super cute and friendly, it can take a lot of time to clean the cage, socialize them, play with them, etc. Till one day when my kids were about 9. We were in a local pet shop and there was a snake and rodent room there. We once saw a rat in a snake cage and were like, “why is there a rat in there?” - until we figured it out! :scared1: So this day there was a cute hamster in a cage in th snake room, too. DS freaked out thinking he was going to be snake food and begged us to buy him. We said no until we were driving out of the parking lot and DS was still pleading, saying he’d use his bday money! It reminded me of how I felt when one of my dogs died when I was young and my mother said she didn’t want another. So we turned around, brought Gus home, and the rest is history. We’ve had 8 since then, as they only live two years. Once we had two when we got to the store five minutes before closing and couldn’t decide between them. And a year ago DD brought one home who died within a couple of days due to a disease break out at Petco. But all the others have been healthy and happy. They are part of our family. We (well, before Covid) have a lot of people visit who don’t like rodents and think our hamsters are cute! But I understand when people aren’t rodent fans. Aside from them, I’m not, either! :scared: Last year we bought a nice, new cage that makes cleaning pretty easy.

Aww, you are a sweet mom, Pea :)

The only hamster experiences I have had were at one preschool center. Sadly the outcome for one of the critters was not positive. To me, they look to much like rats, no thanks!

Is anyone else having a little more trouble falling asleep lately?

Early Tuesday Gratitude:

Being able to drop of a surprise for a friend yesterday before my dentist appointment and then talking with her later.

Feeling much better right now (TMJ) than I was last night due to the filling. In office it was super easy but with my jaw joint issues, the "after" part is often the trouble! :(

A sweet PM from a friend.

Speaking of phones...last night when I went to bed, mine was at 50-something % (battery). This morning it was dead. I can't figure out what happened. All of my apps - which aren't many - are using "normal battery" and I keep it from searching for other wi-fi connections when at home. My mom has the same phone, though, purchased on the same day, and hers did a system update overnight, so maybe mine did as well. That's the only thing I can think of. I charged it up to 95% earlier and it hasn't used any of it since... :confused3

@AuntieMe3, I sent you a FB friend request!

Went to Aldi's this morning and they didn't have any of the German stuff, or the maple vanilla whipped cream I wanted for apple crisp. Shelves were pretty empty. Still managed to spend $40, though. My mom finally found some canned pumpkin for making bread, and I got the last package of smoked salmon for my lunch bagel (a treat for me...I usually don't eat bagels; too many carbs. But I love smoked salmon).

@apirateslifeforme Sounds like your days are very busy and challenging! Hopefully things settle out a bit as the year goes on. If you go to Plymouth you would like the John Carver Inn once the pool is open again. Josh would enjoy the water slide! If you Search here I’ve posted a lot of info about Plymouth (here on CB), but I’m always happy to answer questions, as well!

https://seeplymouth.com/information-centers/

Thank you! I will write that in our bucket list notebook that I've got for keeping track of "places to go." I'm sure Josh will learn about Plymouth and pilgrims and such very soon - I'm pretty sure that I learned about it in kindergarten myself. But now that we're so politically correct, I have to wonder if this is something kids still learn in school...

Maybe it’s time for new doggie, kitty, etc., pictures now that we’ve gotten to know eachother better and can more associate things and situations with names! It might help @lovemygoofy too, in thinking about what kind of dog she wants to get! :idea:

Let’s make it a QOTD! Show and tell us about your pets! (Again? :laughing: )
I think we're the only ones here with a cat! When I met DH, he lived in a condo, where cats were acceptable but not dogs. So he got Monster and Dio to keep him company. Unfortunately Monster has since passed away, so Dio is our only pet right now. Grey tabby, 13 years old, named after Ronnie James Dio.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200829215809805_COVER (2).jpg

Here's Monster. She was a tiny little thing...we used to call her Nine Pounds of Fury. But as she got older, she developed hyperthyroidism and kidney failure...she passed away a few days after Christmas 2017, at age 17 1/2. I still love black kitties, and she had the most beautiful green-blue eyes (the photo doesn't do her justice...her eyes would sometimes look aqua blue. She was truly a beautiful cat) :)Monster with pretty green eyes 3-9-12.jpg

Since we're all dog lovers, I'll show off our "niece" and "nephews." My SIL has 2 English setters, Gus and Abby. They are not from the same litter, they're not even related, but from a distance, you can't tell them apart. We all call them The Twins. This is Gus, a.k.a. Mr. Gustafsen...

IMG_20200425_175245141.jpg

And this is the best photo I have of Abby. She doesn't stay still long enough to have a photo taken.

IMG_20200510_133052101.jpg

My BIL's family's dog, Sully, a.k.a. Mr. Sullivan. He's a chihuahua-Shih Tzu mix. He has a Napoleon Complex and thinks he's the alpha dog. Our cat is twice his size!

IMG_20200510_121314863.jpg

But we all grew up with dogs before we had the cats...before I met DH, this is the dog my mom and I had. Her name was Tara and she was a red-and-white cocker spaniel. She's about 16 in this photo; she lived to be 17 1/2. She had a lot more red spots when she was younger :)

Tara.jpg

And so many German Shepherds...my grandfather's favorite dog was his white German Shepherd named Tripoli. I don't remember a great deal about her, as she passed when I was 5, but I remember that to me, she seemed huge! This was from August 1973...I wasn't even born yet!
Grandpa and Tripoli August 19730001.jpg

I love all the pet pictures. I do love dogs especially terriers. Growing up I had 2 standard poodles, mother and son. The mother was so smart and so lovely. The son was a bit crazy but very loyal. They are great dogs. I found a picture of Jasper. I must have caught him on his way out of the kitchen. He sees the camera and leaves. He is around 15 and is showing his age. Although sometimes he acts like a puppy when he is playing with DH. 20200531_094129.jpg

This is Willow, she was with us this spring, for about 2 months. She was found in an abandoned home, was about a year old. Not house broken, used to toys or spayed. We got her ship-shape and on to her new home (a huge cattle farm in PA - she loves to have free space!)

Attachments

• w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3
This love is Beatrice. We got her Halloween day last year...she was very underweight, full of worms and fleas. Estimated age of 3. Evidence of at least one C-Section but NO vet records....Busted her directly out of a mill. Poor thing was timid as hell and just plain scared. Had no clue how to play with toys or even just putz around in the yard. We got her cleaned up, loved up, put osme pounds on her and used to going to the bathroom outside. Had her spayed so her mama days were behind her, and brought up on all vaccines. She was a love, she went on to her new home (w/ another bulldog for a brother) Dec. 26th of last year.

Attachments

• bea1.jpg
    bea1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1
  • bea12.jpg
    bea12.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1
This love is Beatrice. We got her Halloween day last year...she was very underweight, full of worms and fleas. Estimated age of 3. Evidence of at least one C-Section but NO vet records....Busted her directly out of a mill. Poor thing was timid as hell and just plain scared. Had no clue how to play with toys or even just putz around in the yard. We got her cleaned up, loved up, put osme pounds on her and used to going to the bathroom outside. Had her spayed so her mama days were behind her, and brought up on all vaccines. She was a love, she went on to her new home (w/ another bulldog for a brother) Dec. 26th of last year.

View attachment 528778View attachment 528779

Here are our two resident mutts....yellow mutt is Ladd, grey Great Dane is Duke (Not for Marmaduke, rather he was named after my grandfathers bull mastif who was doted on greatly by Pop)

Ladd is about 4, Duke is 2 1/2. Duke is also our last "big dog"...with the kids grown and out, and us trying to travel more we have committed to going smaller with our dogs. Check this space in 5-10 years to see if that actually happens!528782Ladd.jpgLadd.jpgpups.jpg

Well, Plymouth is definitely on our list for a future visit! Maybe once Josh learns the history, it will be fun for him to see it in person!

I accompanied DS's classes on that field trip in both preschool and 3rd grade, and I love it!

Apirateslifeforme, I love Josh's calendar, so cute and cheerful!

Me too! I love Melissa & Doug stuff anyway, so I may have to get that for "school" with my friend's little ones.

My mom finally found some canned pumpkin for making bread.

I'm jealous. I've tried three places in the last two weeks and had no luck. I think I'll check Aldi's tomorrow!

I think we're the only ones here with a cat!

We have two! (Will post pics separately, as I'm on the PC and the most recent ones are on my phone.)

We have also had fish over the years (in fact, DS does up at school right now) and a guinea pig named Freddy, who had sadly passed on:

@easyas123, thank you so much for fostering pets in need! I'm not strong enough - I couldn't love them and let them go. But you are doing something amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter