Qualifications for existing DVC member question

Troy821

Earning My Ears
I recently closed on my first resale contract and am considering buying direct at Riviera. There are better incentives for DVC members than non members. Is there a period of time you have to be a member to receive the incentives and do you have to be a direct purchase member to receive the incentives? Thank you for your help in advance!

I believe you just have to be a current member in good standing to get the incentives. There's no waiting period that I know of. You just need to have your membership number in hand and DVC will match the Riviera contact to that UY.

I must not have been clear. Sorry. Current DVC members get better incentives than someone who isn’t a current DVC owner. I want to know what qualifies you as a current member and for how long you have to be one.

I believe you just have to be a current member in good standing to get the incentives. There's no waiting period that I know of. You just need to have your membership number in hand and DVC will match the Riviera contact to that UY.
The sales agent I have spoken with didn’t mention anything to me. And she knows I am just waiting for my membership number now. And I just came across the DVC member incentives and wondered if I qualify after I get my number.

So, let's say I'm not a member and I want to buy 350 points.
I can buy 350 immediately and get $2820. Or I can buy 100 points, wait for the membership number (a few days), then buy the remaining 250 and get $3760 credit. I would pay closing costs twice, not sure how much they are, but splitting the purchase into smaller contracts has its own advantages, I would buy 100+100+150 anyway.

So, let's say I'm not a member and I want to buy 350 points.
I can buy 350 immediately and get $2820. Or I can buy 100 points, wait for the membership number (a few days), then buy the remaining 250 and get $3760 credit. I would pay closing costs twice, not sure how much they are, but splitting the purchase into smaller contracts has its own advantages, I would buy 100+100+150 anyway.
Well actually you wouldn’t even need to wait a few days. If you buy a weekday you’d get the membership number that day normally. Closing costs are 400-800 per contract about. Depends on financing and size of contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter