Delete Thread

:wave2:

As usual we did end up changing some food plans when we got there, and missed out on some things we had been planning, but we also tried new things.

I'd expect nothing less!

This DTR will have signature dining, Festival of the Holiday booths, a dessert party, Disney Springs dining, new snacks, 2 reviews from a brand new restaurant, some old favorites (where we maybe tried some things, lots of new (to us) restaurants, and a little bit of dining outside Disney!

:thumbsup2 Looking forward to it!

Grit Tots
With sausage gravy, hot sauce, aged cheddar, and chives
These look delicious!

This was pretty good, but sooo messy. The ranch was practically dissolving the bun as I ate, and it was way too hot to eat at first so by the time I picked it up it was half mush. It was also making the skin fall off the chicken.
I hate when the bun gets mushy, even if it tastes good. It's so hard to eat!

So we figured we'd just go with Mcdonalds. I'm not a Mcdonalds fan, so I just asked Josh to get me some fries. He went around 10:30 am to pick them up, and they wouldn't give him any :rotfl: They said they weren't ready to serve lunch yet and fries were lunch....
.... what??? I thought those places always switched over at 10:30am, because I always feel like that's a bit early anyways lol

He was telling us how it's healthier because he orders it without the bun (which he discovered because Josh does that due to his allergy)...and he eats it almost everyday. I'll let you all draw your own conclusions on whether that's really healthier or not :rotfl:
:rotfl2:

I was very disappointed in this sandwich. It was a bit bigger, but I liked the small size of the other one. I also like the flavor of gouda. This one tasted very fake and processed, and the bacon was so chewy that I took most of it out. I hope they have the other ones back the next time we go.
I've had their sandwiches a couple times, always a basic one... maybe even the one you had, and I've never been a fan. It stopped me from trying the fancier ones.

Food Budget-1250
Money Spent-
Cuckoo's Nest-47,
Mcdonalds/Starbucks-21

Leftover-1182
I budget all of our meals :) When I have downtime at work (and I'm not on the Dis or trip planning) I get on a few survey sites and use them to earn Disney money. After we picked where we were eating, I looked through menus and estimated what we'd spend, and set a goal. I tracked it as we went along (partly bc we've ended up always paying for food/souvenirs with gift cards on all of our trips). I also tracked what we saved with TiW. I'm a numbers nerd, I like my spreadsheets :rotfl: For September, I estimated dining, souvenir, and cruise costs and we took that much in gift cards that I paid about 60% of face value for... I was within $10 until we stopped at Homecomin' on our last day (spoiler!) :rotfl:

For dinner I went with an app and side because I figured I might actually be able to finish it but it was still waaay too much food.
It is! That's exactly what I ordered in September and could only eat half of it.

After he only ate the shrimp again I asked what he had against grits (after all Homecomin’s grits are buttery and delicious), and he said he had a delicate Irish palette and couldn’t eat all this rich Southern food :rotfl:
Maybe I need to steer clear of grits too :rotfl: But really, I still need to try them. Just in general. If only I could talk Zack into splitting the Thigh High biscuits, and the plate of sides... :scratchin

Finally we got to dessert! Josh was too full, but I had been saving some room for a very special seasonal dessert. You do have to ask for it though, it wasn’t on any menu nor did the waitress mention it. This seems kind of strange, but they did know what I was talking about.
That's so strange. We ended up going last weekend and they didn't mention it either. But I was too full to ask haha.

I'm going to let gifs do my reactions!

So we ended up having to go on the way to the airport anyway (but to a different Mcdonalds that was closer to the airport and had fries). Josh's brother was with us since he was dropping us off, and he ended up making an interesting dining choice. He got 4 burger patties smothered in cheese and a salt packet to dump onto each of them.

giphy.gif

Here’s some delicious looking mac and cheese photos:

Yum! So delicious and creamy.

giphy.gif

This seems kind of strange, but they did know what I was talking about.

Pumpkin pie bread pudding with caramel sauce:

eb23eb95-4781-4c78-9e43-1cd4dccf2875-jpeg.289603

This was delicious, but like most their food very filling and a huge portion. I liked being able to add the caramel as I wanted it, and it was delicious. I wish they had a non seasonal bread pudding, but then again this is the only time I’ve even made it to dessert at Homecomin’. :laughing:

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter