Put Lime Green Mickey Heads On Resort Doors

Darcy

Well behaved women rarely make history-Margaret Th
I can't take credit for this(whoever it was say hello so we can cheer you), but it was such a great I thought it deserved it's own thread.

When staying at a WDW resort put a lime green Mikey head on your door and put DISer or your user name on it. That way others can stop and say hello and put a face with a screen name.

edit: tie a lime green ribbon on your lanyard or lime green sticker too

Since it could get blown off or taken off easily, perhaps a better idea would be to put it in your room window.

What a super idea Darcy!! :sunny:

I guess if you're staying in a Value resort, with an outside entrance, you could put it in your room window.

If you're staying in a resort with hallways, you could tape it to your door!

I can't wait to do this!! I hope somebody notices it!! :banana:

Ever since my 8 Ds was about a year old, we have brough stickers to put on the doors of rooms where we stay. That way he knew we were in "the Mickey Mouse sticker Room". It kept from him accidentally trying the handles of other doors and I felt better if he'd ever get lost. (Never happened- just paranoid first time Mom). We still do it and kids love to pick the stickers to bring. We do it on back patio doors when we stay beachfront in Michigan.
We stayed at Poly in April '01 and no one touched our sticker. I thought Mousekeeping may remove but they didn't.
There is even some sort of sticker backer to make sure it peels off easily when you leave.

Love the 'DIS green Mickey head idea.
You guys as so smart here.

Ever since I joined the DIS I have put a "Hello Diser's" sign in my window or patio door. I have my hometown and my Dis name on it. I have it decorated with mickey heads :earsboy: . I keep it in my suitcase so I won't forget. If I forget to bring tape- I send my daughter to the front desk for a couple peices. I have had a couple Disers stop-unfortunately I wasn't there, my husband was.
We are going in a couple months and you can bet my sign will be up.
:wave2: :wave2:
Cindy M.
aka
PB's MOM

Great idea. I am going to do this in october when we go.

You can also get peel and stick magnets at a craft store or business supply store(staples) and magnetically stick the mickey heads to the door.

Peel and stick self-adhesive magnets!
Instantly turns your paper business card into a magnet mini billboard. Keeps your card where it can do you the most good - on refrigerators, home appliances and office file cabinets. High-energy strength with thickness of .030". High-tack adhesive.

Staples peel and stick

Can't take credit for the idea, but I hope it catches on...I would love to meet some of ya'll.

Great idea! Home Depot employees must think "What's up with the run on lime green?" as they refill the holders! :rotfl2:

For the second year in a row I wore my lime green DIS fannypack that clearly says "DIS" on the front of it and once again no one said anything to us and we saw nothing to indicate anyone else was on the DIS. It seems that with as many of us as there is someone would notice or be seen with something to recognize. sigh....... :sad1:

I made a DIS Mickey magnet to put on our cabin door on our last Disney cruise. A lot of people over on the DCL forum are doing that.

Here's a blank one you can use, if you don't want to go to HD.
f345b60c.jpg

Look what I found on another website.
MagicalDisney.com Visitors: Most of you may be familiar with the lime green Mickey head paint swatch from Home Depot that is often worn by members of another board to recognize reach other. MagicalDisney.com also uses a Mickey head paint swatch for identification. It is color DC3B-80-5, "Ariel's Afternoon Swim" (noted on the left side of the Mickey head on the swatch). So pick one up (free!) at Home Depot and wear it in the clear plastic holder on your lanyard or hang it in another visible location so if we spot you we'll know you are a MagicalDisney.com visitor! Thanks!

I hate to say this, but I have talked to some CM's at the resorts that know about the DIS and some aren't to crazy about it. I know we have some GREAT Cm's that post here on the DIS. Just so you know before you put that on your door.

Please don't flame me I think it's a cute idea too. :flower:

LvsTnk said:
I hate to say this, but I have talked to some CM's at the resorts that know about the DIS and some aren't to crazy about it. I know we have some GREAT Cm's that post here on the DIS. Just so you know before you put that on your door.

Please don't flame me I think it's a cute idea too. :flower:
I can see why they wouldn't want stickers stuck on the door, but is there another reason why CM's don't like it?

i am impressed, you guys are great.........

and all this time i did it the hard way..

i would turn the ac up high and in the morning the window at assp would be frosty. i would draw my mickey head there on the inside of the window.

once the moisture was gone, all that was left was the mark of mickey.

i think the paint chip idea is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter