Purple mickey light

wings91

DIS Veteran
I became a member this summer, and on my Sept solo trip I noticed a purple light at the mickey tapstile entering the park. I was told this was because I was a DVC member. Then when my wife joined me last week, I would get purple (randomly), but she never did. She was getting mad because the CM would say "welcome home" to me, but she didn't get anything. She's listed as co-owner or co-purchaser on our DVC account. Any idea?

Much discussion on this here. But, has your wife added your DVC info in her MDE profile under memberships and passes?

Thanks everyone, never added the DVC info to her MDE. I don't recall doing that for myself, maybe member services did it when I called them initially.

They never say anything to me, and my light always turns purple. I also never did anything on the MDE website-I just figured that with MBs, Mickey knows EVERYTHING.

Mine didn't turn purple this last trip, but I have a LE Tiki Room band that plays the music at MK so I chalked it up to that taking precedence

Seems to be random. I used to never get purple. Hurt my feelings. Now I randomly get it every now and then. Not consistent.

Nothing constructive here, just wanted to say it's such a nice little touch to add in (when it works...)

DH and I both have our accounts set up and we get the purple light randomly. At the same entrance only one of us will get it, both of us will, or neither of us. Really have no idea how their algorithm works.

Me and the DW get a Fuchsia colored most always, and the kids get a green.. But I do recall seeing a bright blue somewhere along the lines.

Blue-the Politically Correct Red. I always laugh when anyone gets blue. I mean, come on, is this like the fact that teachers can't use red pen anymore? Would red hurt people's feelings? Or is there a reason why Disney uses blue as the "no-go" color?

It is totally random.

My husband lights every time. He does not have a log in. He is listed second on the contract.

Mine never lit up, until last September. Then it was flaky. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I am listed first on the contract and every single log in is under my name.

What is this light of which you speak? We have our trip coming up in December. Are you saying our magic bands may cause the FP/tapstile light to light up a different color than green because MDE knows we own DVC??

What is this light of which you speak? We have our trip coming up in December. Are you saying our magic bands may cause the FP/tapstile light to light up a different color than green because MDE knows we own DVC??

The tapstiles at park entry will sometimes turn purple as a result of being a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter