Purchasing an upgrade from Virgin desk or check in desk?

kevin harrison

DIS Veteran
I will hopefully be buying PE upgrades in a fortnight.

I won't be getting to Gatwick until about four in the afternoon the day before our flight and Virgins desk will be closed.

I figure the day before will give me the best availability for an upgrade, if the desk is closed can you purchase an upgrade at check in?

Virgin advised me you can, but last time I was there they said you couldn't do this and could only purchase from the Virgin desk.

Any ideas?

I will hopefully be buying PE upgrades in a fortnight.

I won't be getting to Gatwick until about four in the afternoon the day before our flight and Virgins desk will be closed.

I figure the day before will give me the best availability for an upgrade, if the desk is closed can you purchase an upgrade at check in?

Virgin advised me you can, but last time I was there they said you couldn't do this and could only purchase from the Virgin desk.

Any ideas?

I went to Gatwick was thre on the 12th August, we had PE seats, and i used twilight check in, I asked about upgrades to UC, Virgin holidays when i first inquired said only can book at 12 months pre flight, then at 12 months they were over their allocation, then they would check, and even though chased a few times didn't come back.

I figured on about £500 pp the difference on the VH brochure for August.

At check in the lady said, it would be over £1k per person, she wasn't too receptive to any inquiry so I dropped it.

I not sure if that was just a random figure she said as a brush off, or a true figure, but I wasn't impressed as I was considering paying £2,000 but not £4k.

If you want to get PE seats, I would phone and see how much they are now. We have just come back from LA, and they wanted 295.00 each, which was more than the upgrade price when I booked the holiday.

It seems everyone is looking for upgrade seats and they can ask what they want at check in, unless of course the flight is half empty, including PE.

If you want to get PE seats, I would phone and see how much they are now. We have just come back from LA, and they wanted 295.00 each, which was more than the upgrade price when I booked the holiday.

It seems everyone is looking for upgrade seats and they can ask what they want at check in, unless of course the flight is half empty, including PE.

Thanks, but I paid for my tickets using miles and miles plus money and the cost of upgrading now is astronomical for four of us, Virgin actually advised me to wait.

The flight does seem quite empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter