Purchased Canadian Resident Tickets-Do I need to pick them up?

Buzz & Woody

Cruise Lover
I have recently purchased the Canadian Resident tickets. Do I actually need to go to Will-call to pick anything up? We have magic bands from a previous visit and I have already made fast-pass selections. on the app. So, if we go straight to the gate will our magic bands be active, or do we have to go to will-call to have them made active for this trip?

No, you need to read the terms and conditions that they emailed you when you purchased the tickets. You will have to go to "will call" at the park and prove that you are indeed a Canadian resident (passport preferred). Your tickets are attached to your magic bands but they have not been activated for park entrance until "will-call" or Customer service at Disney Springs activates them.

No, you need to read the terms and conditions that they emailed you when you purchased the tickets. You will have to go to "will call" at the park and prove that you are indeed a Canadian resident (passport preferred). Your tickets are attached to your magic bands but they have not been activated for park entrance until "will-call" or Customer service at Disney Springs activates them.
Yep...that's how it works.

@ottawamom is quite right. You must stop at Guest Relations and prove your Canadian citizenship. We travel using Nexus cards so we used those instead of Passpirts.

Just a heads up to leave time to do this. When we arrived at 8:00 for a 9:00 park opening in the MK the line was already 20 mins long. We were a little late for our BoG ADR as I hadn’t anticipate a longer line at that time.

Are you able to link the tickets in your My Disney Experience account before your trip?

Yes you can. You just can't use them to enter a park until they have verified your residency.

Yes you can. You just can't use them to enter a park until they have verified your residency.
Thanks! So, is the delivery method for the tickets by mail or email? (I have only ever purchased the tickets directly through Disney).

If you purchased your tickets directly through Disney they should magically show up in the MDE attached to your email. It can take a few days but keep checking.

If you purchased your tickets directly through Disney they should magically show up in the MDE attached to your email. It can take a few days but keep checking.
Sorry, I was not clear. :) If I purchase the Disney park tickets with airmiles, what is the delivery method - mail or email?

Last time I purchased through Airmiles they came via mail/courier. Depending on where you are in the country it could take 2-7 days after they process the order (3 days usually)

Can you activate the tickets at a Disney Hotel? Or does it have to be a park or Disney Springs?

Thanks! So, is the delivery method for the tickets by mail or email? (I have only ever purchased the tickets directly through Disney).

I ordered direct from Disney on the phone using the Canadian Resident offer on the phone with a CM, because I was using Disney gift cards to pay. I was given a code to put into MDE to link the tickets to my account, which worked. BUT I was also (unexpectedly) mailed hard cards (size of a credit/gift card) as well, that I guess I'm supposed to show when they verify us as CRs before we can enter the parks. I have no idea what will then become of these cards. Like, won't our tickets be attached to Magic Bands?

Can you activate the tickets at a Disney Hotel? Or does it have to be a park or Disney Springs?

If you purchased the tickets as a part of a package, I've heard you can confirm residency at the hotel. Otherwise you need to visit Guest Services at one of the parks or Disney Springs

I just switched my tickets as well. The last time I got them we went to the will call and showed passports. Then we were off. We stay at the Beach Club and it was not done there. We went over to the International Gateway. It was simple for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter