Purchase at CCV

TheJLiz

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we are getting ready to move forward on a direct purchase of 75 pts at CC, use year is Dec. This is our scenario: we are planning a trip for October 2019 and we are receiving 2017 and 2018 points to start which we can use for that trip. Has anyone done this before? Also, what do you guys think of owning at CC? Thanks for your feedback!

Be aware that traveling that late in your UY can be very risky - if you wind up having to cancel, you may lose all points used for the reservation. If plan to travel regularly in Oct, then Dec is the worst possible UY for you.

The biggest issue with CCV is the mix of studios and cabins. If most CCV buyers are planning to book studios (and 75 pts won't go far in a cabin), then studios will be tough to book at certain times of year, even at 11 months out.

Thank you, I’m looking at DVC availability tool for CC, and September and half of October 2019 for a CC studio are wide open. Our trip starts October 28 2019 so I cant book yet. I have heard of the “walking” a reservation thing but don’t know much about it yet.

Also, what do you guys think of owning at CC?
I think a draw back that i see for my family of 5 is the fact that the studios and 1 BR only accommodate 4, so if you are a family of 5 or will be in the future you have to book a 2BR or cabin to fit your party. At that point the points get pretty expensive compared to the fact that you could fit 5 in other studios and 1BR units at other resorts for less points.

To date I have not seen CCV have any issue of unavailability at 11 months out. Thus if you buy now, you should be able to reserve late October 2019 time. Note, I assume DVD, as part of the sale, is going to bank those Dec 2017 points into the Dec 2018 use year, even though it is now beyond the usual banking date, because that will be necessary for you to be able to use them for an Oct 2019 trip.

Whether CCV will develop any 11 month reservation problem is not yet known. The issue noted above is how the resort is being sold. Those cabins have a huge amount of points applicable to them, but they may not have huge demand because the point cost per night is very high. As one can buy as little as 75 points, what is happenning is that huge nimbers of purchasers are being sold points applicable to those cabins but intend to use their points mainly for studios. The result is that there could be significantly more demand for the studios than number of studios available. Once CCV gets closer to selling out, that could possibly develop into a problem of getting reserations at 11 months out for studios, particularly during DVC's high demand season that runs from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan.

As to what is the best use year, the issue noted above is one of potential cancellation. Normally you can bank up to all your points in a use year but only if you do so by the end of the eighth month of your use year. For a Dec use year that means Dec 2018 points have to be banked by July 31, 2019. If, for any reason, you have to cancel that late October reservation in August or any later, you will not be able to bank those Dec 2018 points and will have to use them for a reservation that ends no later than Nov 30, 2019, or lose them. If you have a Dec use year and go annually in Oct, that is a cancellation risk you would have every year. Thus, many recommend that one purchase a use year that begins shortly before the time one usally goes to WDW.

Thank you! We usually travel to DW in January or February. We are taking advantage of the 2017 pts to book a Halloween trip basically and do a Disney Cruise too. We have gone back and forth on direct or resale but for CC direct makes the most sense.

Hi all, we are getting ready to move forward on a direct purchase of 75 pts at CC, use year is Dec. This is our scenario: we are planning a trip for October 2019 and we are receiving 2017 and 2018 points to start which we can use for that trip. Has anyone done this before? Also, what do you guys think of owning at CC? Thanks for your feedback!
Quick question please? I am buying 75 direct myself for the BWV's with a use month of Sept. I was told by my guide that I would get the 75 points immediately for Sept 2018 and then another allotment 2019. Did they offer you 2017 points as well? TIA!

Quick question please? I am buying 75 direct myself for the BWV's with a use month of Sept. I was told by my guide that I would get the 75 points immediately for Sept 2018 and then another allotment 2019. Did they offer you 2017 points as well? TIA!

DVC will give you exactly what they legally have to give you and that will include current UY points. So if you buy a Sept UY right now you will get 2018 and forward. If you were able to buy a December UY right now before December comes around, you would still get 2017 points because it is still in the 2017 UY.

DVC will give you exactly what they legally have to give you and that will include current UY points. So if you buy a Sept UY right now you will get 2018 and forward. If you were able to buy a December UY right now before December comes around, you would still get 2017 points because it is still in the 2017 UY.
Gotcha! Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!