Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys... Oh my! Our dream Disney TR!

We relaxed for a bit once we got home. I started to get ready. I had some really special stuff planned for that night!!!!

DF got ready and we were off again, and just missed the boat!! No time to wait, we walk and get to the gate and I hear an exploitive from behind me in a rather familiar voice.

"I forgot my key" DF said to me

"You are kidding?" I begged. "Please tell me you are joking!"

He wasn't joking. We needed to be there by 7:00 (to ensure the diver), but we couldn't get in without his ticket and so we headed back to the Boardwalk.... I was mad. Trying not to show it, but mad. But I knew that things could still happen. We decided to pay for a taxi, so while he got his ticket, David, the sweet doorman to our home, summoned a taxi for me and DF joined me and we were off....

6:55 p.m we pulled up to the Epcot and ran for the enterance. There is a line... my luck right? So we get through at 6:59 and race to the Coral Reef. We got there at 7:05 and I checked us in, explaining that Debbie should have had us down for 7 even though our reservation was for 8:30 p.m. I wasn't sure we were going to get the diver but we were going to have a good time regardless.

They brought us down and sat us RIGHT AT THE TANK!!!! I got the real menu, and DF got his special one. He sat there and stared at it and what I wrote to him and started to tear up... He got up and came over to give me a hug. Then we got to picture taking!

DSCF1229.jpg

DSCF1230.jpg

Our CM here knew everything that was going on and played along great. She asked to take our picture at one point..... This is what it looked like.

DSCF1228.jpg

Yep... There is the diver in the background. The whole resturant went "Happy Birthday DF" and he thought it was the button until I alerted him to the sign behind him and his reaction... "That is sooooo cool! How did you do all this?" And I filled him in on how I conducted everything and that everyone knew except him.

His reaction was priceless...."Now what in Hockeysticks am I going to do for your birthday?"

He loved the fish and we even named them.....The pictures are a little blury so I won't post them.

We got drinks! I got lemonade with a glow Captian Hook and a Reef Runner and DF got a Blue-tini!

DSCF1238.jpg

We ordered. He got Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque and a chicken dish, and I got the Pesto Rizzoto and Corn Chowder. The corn Chowder was amazing! In fact the whole meal was delicious.

But desert topped it all. I got the chocolate wave, which was heaven on a plate. DF got Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse which came with a little happy birthday chocolate wave and a candle!

We sang again!

DSCF1241.jpg

He couldn't wait to eat the chocolate!

DSCF1242.jpg

After dinner was over, we talked about what to do.... DF mentioned the Magic Kingdom's magic hours. We decided to go for it!

But before:

DSCF1243.jpg

Up Next: Can we make it to the close of the Magic Kingdom?

I'm so glad you made it there in time. Isn't it always when you have something special planned that things go wrong?

It sounds like it was a beautiful evening! He's going to have to start being creative for your birthday now. :)

Wowser! You are an updating fool! :goodvibes

What a perfect day! I can't wait to read more. I love the picture of you on the teacups, it is so cute.

Boardwalk looks so nice, someday I will get to stay there!

That is so wonderful. One of these days I'm going to make it to eat at the castle. I don't care what the food tastes like I just want to eat there. Maybe I'll drag LL next Dec. for breakfast!
Sounds good to me!! Get in the park before opening and breakfast with princesses and a DISer, what could be better? :wizard:

and I started to tear up. I had waited months to see it. All that anticipation and there it was all laid out in front of me. DF grinned a big grin and said, "this trip was worth everything just for that."

Good man. :thumbsup2

This is for Tink and TK and all the other Sparrow fanatics!

DSCF1151.jpg

On behalf of myself and Tink, in the words of the lovely captain,

"Thanks very much."

"I have a suggestion. Can we have a dungeon dining room in the castle and send all gentlemen like that guy there?" This made the CM's laugh, and one of the CM's took us in to wait for Cinderella and brought us to the front of the line, as a thank you for the laugh.

Okay, seriously? I love your DF right now. That was so sweet, making them feel better and laugh a little! :thumbsup2

Hon, I love these updates. I really, really enjoy reading this. The two of you are like to kids in a candy store. This is just great to read, that spirit of childhood that lives in us all! :goodvibes

What a busy and productive day at the Magic Kingdom!

The photopass pictures turned out great!

I tear up everytime I see the castle, too!

So glad that you were finally able to eat at the castle -- do the tables always have those carriage centerpieces, I wonder?

Your love bird towel animals are precious!

I'm so glad you made it there in time. Isn't it always when you have something special planned that things go wrong?

It sounds like it was a beautiful evening! He's going to have to start being creative for your birthday now. :)

It was so frustrating!!!!!! But in the end I was glad it all went according to plan!

Wowser! You are an updating fool! :goodvibes

Only when I don't want to work....

What a perfect day! I can't wait to read more. I love the picture of you on the teacups, it is so cute.

Thanks... That is my dad's favorite picture!

Boardwalk looks so nice, someday I will get to stay there!

I hope so....it was really nice!

Good man. :thumbsup2

I think that is one of the reasons why he wants to go back.

On behalf of myself and Tink, in the words of the lovely captain,

"Thanks very much."

You're very welcome!

Okay, seriously? I love your DF right now. That was so sweet, making them feel better and laugh a little! :thumbsup2

That is his nature.... he tends to like to make everyone laugh.... I am just glad it was not a bad pun!

Hon, I love these updates. I really, really enjoy reading this. The two of you are like to kids in a candy store. This is just great to read, that spirit of childhood that lives in us all! :goodvibes

Thanks. I love how we just threw away being adults for a week and just had fun. DF had never seen so much that it was so cool to show him stuff.

What a busy and productive day at the Magic Kingdom!

And we went BACK..... :banana:

The photopass pictures turned out great!

DF raves about them to everyone. Honestly, when we go in 2010, we will do it again!

So glad that you were finally able to eat at the castle -- do the tables always have those carriage centerpieces, I wonder?

The CM told us they were just for Halloween.

Your love bird towel animals are precious!

Thank you!!! We thought so!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter