Pulled the Trigger-Aulani Resale

keaster

DIS Veteran
Got an alert today about a 400 pt contract with subsidized dues.

March UY (we already have a February UY at AKL)

2017 points-0/2018 points-617 (400+217 banked)/2019 points-400

They were asking 112/point. We agreed on 110 plus seller is paying closing costs which brings price/point done to about 107-108/point. Plus 2017 dues are paid so we are getting those banked points dues free!

I know it's higher than other Aulani resale but we've been holding out for a subsidized dues contract. And we are planning to use all those 2018 points to hit up Hawaii at Christmas hopefully! Now off to ROFR!

They were asking 112/point. We agreed on 110 plus seller is paying closing costs which brings price/point done to about 107-108/point. Plus 2017 dues are paid so we are getting those banked points dues free!

I know it's higher than other Aulani resale but we've been holding out for a subsidized dues contract. And we are planning to use all those 2018 points to hit up Hawaii at Christmas hopefully! Now off to ROFR!

Congratulations! We went to Aulani (January) for the first time and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy that contract for many years....especially at Christmas. You will be swaying to warm breezes and IZ music and I will be freezing.

Congratulations! We went to Aulani (January) for the first time and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy that contract for many years....especially at Christmas. You will be swaying to warm breezes and IZ music and I will be freezing.

Yes we've been to Aulani twice now and have fallen in love with it! We have gone in March both times and had no problem booking at 7 months, but we knew we'd want to start going at peak times and would need that 11 month advantage.

Congratulations! Our little ones regularly ask, "Can we go to Hawaii today?" Love the ocean view rooms!

One slight negative is that Aulani's annual dues for 2018 increased the highest (percentage wise) among all DVC properties. Would hate for this to be a regular occurrence.

Congratulations! Our little ones regularly ask, "Can we go to Hawaii today?" Love the ocean view rooms!

One slight negative is that Aulani's annual dues for 2018 increased the highest (percentage wise) among all DVC properties. Would hate for this to be a regular occurrence.

I agree on the dues but the fact this contract has the subsidized dues ($5.66 for 2018 instead of $7.53) will be a good benefit in the long run.

I agree on the dues but the fact this contract has the subsidized dues ($5.66 for 2018 instead of $7.53) will be a good benefit in the long run.
Agree, but just hate seeing those subsidized dues catching up to SSR's.

Agree, but just hate seeing those subsidized dues catching up to SSR's.

For sure! We also own AKL so we are used to seeing those dues go up lol! Also wasn't there another resort that had subsidized dues? I don't know why I'm thinking that?

For sure! We also own AKL so we are used to seeing those dues go up lol! Also wasn't there another resort that had subsidized dues? I don't know why I'm thinking that?
AKV used to be considered one of the highest dues at WDW, which drove some buyers away. But not anymore as several others are catching up!

AKV used to be considered one of the highest dues at WDW, which drove some buyers away. But not anymore as several others are catching up!

I know it's pretty crazy to see how fast some of those rates are going up! We may sell one of our AKV contracts down the road, just waiting to see how are travel patterns start to work out!

Congratulations. I think the larger Aulani contracts are more appealing because of the higher closing costs for Hawaii.

The standard 3 bedroom goes at 11 months and is a much better point value compared to the ov 3 bedroom. They are still at the end caps- just low floor so it’s not like they overlook the parking garage like the other standard units. Hotel rooms are also a great point value for shorter stays or to conserve points by starting the trip with late flight arrival and you pretty much have to own for the hotel rooms.

We also own AKV and subsidized Aulani. The mf’s at Aulani- even subsidized do concern me but it’s going to take a few years for subsidized to catch up to on site WDW with the 7+ % increases at Aulani.

I was concerned when we purchased AKV but then the increases slowed down so much that they are actually in line with other wdw properties. Hopefully Aulani will slow down too. You would think at some point Hawai‘i would tax themselves out of the market but it’s just such a desirable place to vacation that I’m not sure they will.

Congrats and good choice! We bought 600 Aulani a couple years ago after renting there and it’s become a Christmas tradition. My DH and kids cant get enough- he’s a golfer and we adore Oahu! The island has it all. 400 gets you an island view 2 bed for 6 nights at Christmas. Or many hotel nights at other times which you will now have access to 11 mos to the day! And yeah the MFs are no joke but we’re not freaking out yet... See you there!

Congrats. I saw the listing this morning and then was gone by afternoon.

We are in the process of closing on some points at Aulani as well. Been in May a few time and probably trying Sept next year. Very exciting and a great way to spend some family time together.

On a side note how is Christmas in terms of weather for swimming at Aulani? I got a couple of young kids and a bit worried about them getting cold. I’ve been to Maui once during Christmas and it was a little bit cold to swim.

Congrats. I saw the listing this morning and then was gone by afternoon.

We are in the process of closing on some points at Aulani as well. Been in May a few time and probably trying Sept next year. Very exciting and a great way to spend some family time together.

On a side note how is Christmas in terms of weather for swimming at Aulani? I got a couple of young kids and a bit worried about them getting cold. I’ve been to Maui once during Christmas and it was a little bit cold to swim.

We've never been Christmas time either, we've gone twice in March when the weather has been perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter