Pull-down bunks - are they comfortable for sleeping?

NY Disney fan

DIS Veteran
I'm going to be sleeping on the bunk. How comfortable are they and how about going up and down in the middle of the night??

They are ok....you use a ladder to get up and down.

A thought--I'm guessing that you have 4 in a cabin. Have you looked at the cost of 2 cabins? It can sometimes be just as cost effective to get one + an inside across the hall or two cabins of a lower category...or if you are already in an inside, sometimes 2 insides are the same price as placing 4 people in one cabin. This doubles your beds, TVs, bathrooms, closet space, etc.

Ok thanks. I may have the agent keep the verandah room but instead of connecting, getting an across the hall inside room instead. Might be a better option.

I slept on an upper bunk on the fantasy and it was really comfortable. That being said, I'm a small person, and this bed is designed for a smaller figure. Those over weight or who like a lot of wiggle room when they sleep may not be comfortable. I was on the Fantasy bunk, which was obviously brand new, so I can't speak for the older ships.

Have you looked at the cost of 2 cabins? It can sometimes be just as cost effective to get one + an inside across the hall or two cabins of a lower category....

You just gave me the idea of looking into two cabins and I asked my agent. I was able to get a second cabin for $113 more!! I couldn't believe it. I can't see myself sleeping in that bunk!

You just gave me the idea of looking into two cabins and I asked my agent. I was able to get a second cabin for $113 more!! I couldn't believe it. I can't see myself sleeping in that bunk!

This is typically a much better option. And everyone can enjoy the balcony during the day! You'll not only enjoy having a real bed, you will delight in having more bathroom and closet space....as well as a place to retreat from family when needed. Enjoy. And if your TA gives an OBC, you will now get OBC on 2 cabins in addition to the Disney Visa OBC, on line booking OBC, and anything else you may qualify for. If your TA got you the $50 Disney Visa + the $25 onboard booking credits (yes, you can get both of these), that almost made up for your $113.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!