Puchasing airline tickets...

Bitsmommy

DIS Veteran
I have one more question.

We need to purchase 4 airline tickets. We don't finance, so using a credit card isn't an option. My question is: Do I have to purchase all 4 at the same time?? Meaning can I buy 2 when I can afford it and then purchase 2 more the following month??

I feel that this would be geat for two reasons. 1. We don't take such a hit in our monthly budget. Let's face it, $1,300 out of anyone's monthly budget it a lot of money. 2. If SW drops the price and we need to get a credit, we can use it toward the purchase of the other two tickets, can't we??

SW has open seating so, I wouldn't think all tickets have to be puchased at the same time. But, can I use a credit (again wishful thinking that the price will drop) to puchase tickets for 2 DIFFERENT members of our family??

Please help!! And sorry I have to ask all of the questions that may seem silly for someone that flies more than I do (usually just one time a year.)

My understanding of the SW credit is that it must be used by the person who 'earned' it on the original ticket...I'm sure someone else may know better, but I don't think your idea of using the credits toward other tickets may work.

Perhaps more important is the idea that it is possible that you buy two tickets this month and the flight sells out before you get the other two seats. While it may not be a common situation, its a risk you would take (aside from a pricing risk that the fare actually goes UP and not down, so you pay more for the second two tickets than the first).

You may buy the tickets at any time. Once you are done, call SWA and ask to link all of the reservations. I agree that you may be paying very different prices for tickets purchased in this way (prices are likely to rise closer to departure date).

If you get a credit, it may only be used by the holder of the original ticket.

You might want to read SWA's website to familiarize yourself with their policies and procedures.

You may buy the tickets at any time. Once you are done, call SWA and ask to link all of the reservations. I agree that you may be paying very different prices for tickets purchased in this way (prices are likely to rise closer to departure date).

If you get a credit, it may only be used by the holder of the original ticket.

You might want to read SWA's website to familiarize yourself with their policies and procedures.

Thanks! I thought that I remembered reading that one night at the hospital with the baby, but I couldn't remember if that was the case or not because I thought that I remembered purchasing a ticket for my husband last time, with our credit from when we purchased mine and ODS. That time, we did purchase tickets at separate times because he was actually coming in on a different day and we weren't traveling together. The baby was on a lap also, so we didn't have to worry about purchasing his seat.

Hello!

I have been pricing flights, trying to save money, etc...and came across a couple of things.

Depending on a couple of things though (welcome to PM me the info)...Have you already booked a hotel? Reason I ask is...I was looking up hotel info that is near the airport we are flying out of most likely. (I still haven't bought my plane tickets yet but we're already booked for our hotel while in Orlando.) Anyhow, was looking up flight/hotel combos and by accident it gave me a link to flights/hotel combo for Orlando and MAN were they good deals! It was linking me to hotels in Orlando with two bedroom villas AND flights for the 4 of us total which was for WAY cheaper than just staying on Disney property (at a deluxe 1bdrm villa alone)! (We all know staying on property is more expensive, but still I was shocked at the deals they were offering.) We are still set on staying on Disney property for now, but those deals would be worth it if it meant getting in an extra trip!

Two...have you checked Allegiant Air? I had never heard of them until a friend told me about them today. While they don't fly out of major airports and unfortunately they don't have a flight out/back the days we need, the difference was HUGE- like $500 difference!

I see you're in TN...They fly out of Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Tri-cities (whatever that means). Now, granted, I found out they DON'T fly into MCO any longer, so if you do need the DME to get you to your hotel, then that won't work. But it still might be cheaper if you 1) Do need to rent a car anyways 2) Could hire a taxi to get you to the hotel if staying on Disney.

I will certainly be checking on their prices in the future, but it won't work for our trip this time..but it could work for yours!

Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter