Public Free Dining vs. Free Dining PIN

PrncessA

Dis_Mom_
I am confused on if there is a difference. Since we had a PIN for free dining I didn't really research the public offer. Is there a difference or are they the same? Is there a window where free dining to the public was not offered? The reason I ask is that we are staying Sept. 11-17 and the "extended hours" for the restaurants did cover our stay. They are extended up until a week or so before we arrive and not again until after we leave. Is there no public free dining during that window? I

am just wondering since I have found it slightly easier to make ADR's than I had been expecting and was wondering about crowd levels.

I am confused on if there is a difference. Since we had a PIN for free dining I didn't really research the public offer. Is there a difference or are they the same? Is there a window where free dining to the public was not offered? The reason I ask is that we are staying Sept. 11-17 and the "extended hours" for the restaurants did cover our stay. They are extended up until a week or so before we arrive and not again until after we leave. Is there no public free dining during that window? I

am just wondering since I have found it slightly easier to make ADR's than I had been expecting and was wondering about crowd levels.
The original Fall Free Dining offer, which was also included in the pin code offers and the bounceback offers is for August 15 through October 3. I've never heard of "extended hours" that are covered for our stay. I don't know what that means. The crowds will be at about a medium level.

The original Fall Free Dining offer, which was also included in the pin code offers and the bounceback offers is for August 15 through October 3. I've never heard of "extended hours" that are covered for our stay. I don't know what that means. The crowds will be at about a medium level.

There was a list on the dining page on wdwinfo of restaurants that have added extended hours like Chef Mickey's. But none of the extended hours fell during our stay so I was curious.

I would guess that if you don't have the extended hours for some dining restaurants that the week you choose isn't going to be as busy.

I did rebook my trip as the bounceback offer was more money than the general public free dining code.

There is no difference. I am going the same week you are and booked through the general public free dining offer.

I chose this week specifically because I figured it would be slower - the week prior is Labor Day week and the week following is Food & Wine Festival. The extended hours by Disney also shows that those weeks are going to be more crowded than the week we chose.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter