PTR December & Celebrating Health (and June wedding planning journal)

OMG!!! I can't think of a more beautiful place for a wedding. The lodge is stunning. I perfer small gatherings anyway more intimate makes it seem like its just for you two, of course you are gonna feel like you are the only people there anyway until the reality sets in that you actually did it!!!!! Congats.. This is gonna be fun, frustrating, exciting, and all those other emotions all balled up into one. Let me know what you choose. I have to leave for work now I'll check back tonight.:cool1::cool1:

Contacted Disney and you can only have 8 guests at WL. I have one friend with 4 kids and another with 3 that might come.

I have decided (and I am not changing my mind!) on the location at the Boardwalk Inn-Sea something. It is available so I think I will pick the 10:00 time next June. Both our moms are coming and one will bring her DBF. My friend with 4 kids will be coming too (still on the fence aobut the kids). Can't remember what I have already typed but it will be cheaper for guests if we do the park wedding. Plus I just feel it will be a better fit for my mom.

I do want to stay at the WL for 4 nights. It will be nice to upgrade from POR. I am sure we will love it. I have been there but don't remember it all that well. Are there nice walking paths? My mom would like that. And how is the food court? Do you like the signature restaurants there? I wonder if we could do a brunch right there. Do all the rooms have balconies? Sorry for all the questions.

Yes, there are great walking paths and a really nice beach. The WCC has a pretty good selection for breakfast we like the all you can eat skillet I don't know about lunch or dinner we haven't done them yet. My sister has eaten at Artist Point and loved it. Roaring Forks, it's typical walk up with a decent selection of sandwiches. We took a bunch of them home for our road trip.We have only stayed once but can't think of any other resort we like better. The wedding plans sound great, June is a special month for us,too.:hug:I still can't believe I have been married to the same man for 23 1/2 years and I still get goose bumps when I hear his voice on the phone. Silly ,Huh? I guess you could say he's my soulmate. Looks like you found yours.:woohoo::woohoo: I am hoping to learn alot more about the lodge this time out as we were so on the go last time with the whole family there.:grouphug:

I am glad to know they have a yummy breakfast. I didn't realize there was a skillet for breakfast. We did have the skillet once for lunch. We were there as part of the 3 park tour.

It is wonderful that you are as happy as the day you were married.

We are doing Sea Breeze Point for the wedding. I will have to post a link to some photos. I can't beleive at one point I didn't think we would have any guests. We are now at 11 (8 audlts and 3 kids) with the possibility of 7 more kids and 2 dads. Two of my girlfriends are coming but aren't sure if they are bringing their families. If we get very many more guests we will have to upgrade to a different package and I am not sure if we can afford that. I will figure a way. Since there will be some kids I am splurging and having Mickey and Minnie stop by. Maybe a dessert party too. I am waiting to get some more info from Disney.

My mom is coming down to our area tomorrow for 2 days. I can't wait to show her some of the details.

It'll be nice to share your plans with your Mom, mine lives about 15 min away and we talk on the phone almost everyday. My dad had cataract surgery today so I talked to him more today, he came thru it just fine. Everything you have planned sound really nice I especially like the Mickey and Minnie visit and the dessert party of course. Just got off work and haven't been sleeping real well the last 3 nights. I go to sleep ok but wake up 2-3 hrs in and cant' go back to sleep, I'm off tomrw so I'm gonna try to catch up. Have you decided if you are doing the long gown or the tea length, and tux for him or just suit. I do floral arrangements and have done several wedding for family so I'm always interested in the flowers you plan to use.I hope you post some pictures for me. I don't know how to post pics I can't even get my tickers to show I'm what you might call computer illiterate, I would still be using a 7 yrold dell if DH hadn't insisted on buying me a laptop. Oh well don't have to know much to make new friends, right!!!1:thumbsup2

Hope you are sleeping better. Do you have a 3 day weekend? I am lucky that I do.

I bought this dress in white today. The best part is that it was 50% off! It wasn't at all what I had in mind but it fit my figure the best. I love how it is so silky. Hope it goes with a SBP wedding.
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....ordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=A3342BRT

I have no idea about flowers. I am jealous that you are creative. If I do the ESCAPE package I have certain choices. I suppose I could always pay more to get whatever I want. I think I may have cream colored roses. I am anxious to find out the prices on floral.

Love to see some pictures when you learn to post them.

Hello, :wave:

Nice start to your report so far. We'll be heading down to the World in December too. And congratulations on your engagement! You must be so excited. The dress is gorgeous, by the way.

That dress is gorgeous:worship:. It is exactly what I wanted and didn't end up with but mine turned out perfect too. If it were me I would do blood red roses very simple 15-18 roses forming a ball stems wrapped in white to blend in with the dress so all you see is the roses no babys breath ,no ribbons ,nothing to take away from the simple beauty and it is very inexpensive. Hope this helps.:confused3 Can't wait to hear more plans. :thumbsup2

dontmindme-it isn't just just you and I reading this anymore :)

Rose like you described are an option for Escape brides. If you are ever board you can look on the Disney wedding page and see the options.

Can't remember what I have wrote (of course I coudl just go back and read).....

My mom would really like a brunch. I had been thinking of it but now I am thinking a private one is too much. I am toying with the idea of taking everyone out for a character brunch. It can't be in the parks as I wouldn't be able to wear my dress and I plan to get as much wear out of it as I can. Plus I won't have to worry about whether I should spend money on decorations.

Mickey and Minnie will be at the cake cutting. I am not giving that one up.

That night I want a dessert party. Probably at Sago Cay watching wishes. It would be nice to have something on the table. Some brides have Disney floral take a glass vase and put some gel stuff in it and glow cubes (or at least I think that is what they are). I think there is glitter in there too. I will post the menu tomorrow. Need to get to bed.

Well you know you can't go wrong with a dessert party and Mickey & Minnie at the Cake cutting is a must.Can't wait to hear about the menu it sounds like you are moving right along with your plans and everything sound wonderful. Shhhhh We are not alone. WELCOME TO OUR PARTY!!! We are alittle crazy tho ........... about desserts.:dance3:

Tammy-someone asked if I had a pretrip report an I said it is more like a conversation between the two of us. At least one other person is reading :)

Here is the menu I think we are picking for the dessert party. Maybe we can modify it some.
Sweet Dreams-
cream horns, cannolis, assorted macaroons, & key lime tarts
white and dark chocolate fondue with items to dip, including: angel food cake, fresh fruits and berries, marshmallows, graham crackers, & pretzels
coffee with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, cinnamon sticks, orange peel and flavored coffee syrups.

I might add the Smores station if we have all the kids there. I would like Mickey rice krispies too but it all starts to add up.

A lot of people get these glass cylinders with gel and glow cubes for the table. If it is in our budget I want to do this but no idea on the color of the gel.

My mom is paying for the majority of this and really wants a meal after. Today DBF and I looked over some options and he really likes the Napa Room at the Contemporary so I think we will have lunch here. We/I had thought about a brunch (because I love brunch) but Disney recommend a meal at 12:30 given our wedding is at 10:00. I suppose given the time for the wedding, Mickey & Minnie, pictures and travel time.

We may have to pick up the cost of the dessert party but I really want that. Plus we will pick up the cost for Mickey & Minnie.

Still waiting to here if the Napa Room is available. If it is this is the menu we will pick. Yum, yum. Plus the views.

Barstow” lunch Buffet
Orecchiette Pasta with Tomatoes, Spinach, Ricotta, and Sweet Sausage
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Roasted Shallot Butter and Fresh Herbs
Oak-grilled Tanglewood Chicken Breast with Romesco Vinaigrette
Pan-seared Atlantic Salmon with Mustard-Chive Sauce
Seasonal Vegetable Freshly Prepared
Warm Sourdough Bread
Assorted Miniature Pastries:
Crème Brûlée with Almond Biscotti
(Grand Marnier, Chocolate, and Butterscotch)
Chocolate Pavé with Gianduja Crunch
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Iced Tea and Tea

If this works it will take you to pictures of the Napa room.
Selectionhttp://www.magicalkingdoms.com/ftw/photos/napa.html

I came over to join the party!! :banana:

Your plans look great. The menu at the Napa Room looks really good.

I think the glow cylinders are about $15 a piece if that helps.

Hi Emilymad-thanks for stopping by. Please let me know if you start a PJ.

Tammy-Emilymad and I have the same dress and are getting married at the same location! There is another bride in the same situation that ust got married. We hope she posts pictures.

I don't remember my wedding having so many thing to worry about but then again it was 23 years ago. Everything is so beautiful I love the glow cubes to light up the vases and the fans are really pretty. The menu looks wonderful I didn't have so many choices. It's great your mom is helping out and I think she is probably enjoying it too, moms love to plan, I think it's in our blood. To our new comer welcome to the conversation and happy planning with us . I am an old time married lady but still enjoy hearing about all the details and seeing all the incredible pictures. Keep all the good stuff coming. :banana::banana::banana:PS I love a good banana party!

Hi Tammy
I never kept up with this TR but I am still having my Disney wedding next week :) We had to down grade from the WL as weddings can get expensive. The wedding will still be at SBP, lunch at the Napa Room and a dessert party in Morocco. I can't wait and am praying for good weather.

I see in your post that you bought into AKL. How exciting!! Hope all is well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter