PTR: An Epically Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by MacMama0930, Aug 12, 2017.

1. MacMama0930

MacMama0930 I've Found My Laughing Place

Hello Fellow Dis’ers!

Firstly, let me introduce the characters that will be playing the lead in this epic story of a family’s first trip to Disneyland at Christmastime.

There is myself, Emily. Happy, feisty, crazy, high stressed, entrepreneur, wife, mother of two.

[​IMG]

I first went to Disneyland when I was 5 years old. For one day. And my memories are vague, if any. Fast forward 26 years, My husband and I took our kids to Disneyland for their first time at Halloweentime. I wish I could say I was an instant smitten kitten, but I wasn’t. I hadn’t prepared at all for the trip, it was 100 degrees, and we barely rode any rides. But still…I knew there was something there…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the next year, 2016, we set off again to tackle Halloweentime at Disneyland, again including the Halloween Party. That time, though, I prepared. I joined this group, read countless websites, subscribed to Touring Plans, was confident in how the Fast Pass system worked, splurged on staying onsite…it was flawless.

[​IMG]

I was hooked. Secured ourselves Annual Passes and knew that I’d be a Forever Dis’er. Enjoyed 4 more trips from then until now and now I’m excited to plan our first ever Christmas at Disneyland trip! We all LOVE Christmas time. It's the most magical time of the year!

[​IMG]

My husband, Anthony; bless his heart, isn’t exactly a Disney Fanatic. He enjoys himself to a certain extent, but he had not accompanied me on my last 4 trips. He’s a maybe once a year kind of guy. He teases me relentlessly, but I think he has finally come to terms with the fact that while he got away with 10 years of a Disney-Free marriage, he now has a Disney-Loving wife =)

[​IMG]

And these two little nuggets are my offspring.

[​IMG]
    My son, Vincent, is the kindest, most gentle little boy I’ve ever known. He’s still a Mama’s Boy and loves to cuddle but also a hard worker like his Dad and has become a really rad dirt bike rider. He’s smart, and a little serious, and I have high hopes for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My daughter, Luella aka LuLu aka Lug Bug aka Baby Squirrel, is her mother’s daughter, through and through. The power of ADHD is strong in this one. She’s creative, hilarious, all over the place, imaginative, sassy, feisty, and never boring.

[​IMG]

She does not, however, care for Splash Mountain...

[​IMG]

So there’s the Who.

Now the…

When: December 16-19 2017

Where: The Grand Californian

More Coming Soon!!

Attached Files:

PoohsFan1 likes this.
  2. MacMama0930

I apologize for the humongous photos - I have no idea how to make them smaller.

3. MacMama0930

IMG_0091.jpg
    (Photo credit: www.patinagroup.com)

First reservation made!

Breakfast with Santa, December 17th!

Learned all about it from Casey at Disneyland Daily: READ HERE

Sounds like a great value, and I am super excited about this one.

4. mnmrmustard

mnmrmustard DIS Veteran

Cool, I'm on board! We did the same thing our first time around. No research and two young kids - total disaster.

DISBoards has helped take me from a Disney novice to a trip-taking pro! We'll be there a couple of weeks before you and yours.

Huzzah for you and yours getting a Christmas trip in there! I look forward to seeing you put your plans together. Great call with the breakfast with Santa, I'm sure your kiddos will love it.

5. Jaina

Jaina Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.

Sounds like fun! I hope your trip goes awesomely!