WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Haha you should get a couple chickens!
Oh, and chickens are so much work, after seeing them being taken care of, it's a no for me. I'm sure you've read my stories about my neighbor's 8 chickens. Yep, they had eggs for about 4 or 5 years, but since those chickens can live for about 10 years, his thoughts of chicken dinner were dashed when his wife named the chickens, and they come when called. I will say, though, the eggs were very good, and fun, as the chickens are from South America, and called the Easter Egg birds. We'd get light green, light yellow and light pink egg shelled eggs. Only thing different was the yoke was a darker color than we we usually saw in eggs bought from the local market. Taste was the same, though I thought tasted fresher. Well, as fresh as collected the day or so before. And like MonyK, they first got one that started to grow up as a rooster. Yeah, like her, they had to get rid of that rooster too. They only wanted eggs, not more chicks.
They do require daily care, but really not much more than a dog. At least until it comes to coop cleaning time. I change out straw and scrub coop 2 times a year. I use the “deep litter” method and the underside of the straw breaks down for some really rich compost. And mine come when called too (well they provabaly actuall come when they see me for the mealworms). I’d actually like a couple Easter Eggers.

They are big, brown colored chickens, MonyK. And the largest one sports is chasing the squirrels out of or on top of the coop. One is the most friendly, and will jump into your arms when you call her.

Aww, such a good cat Momma. Cute cats, all of them. And nice, an old one at 20. All the cats I had died in their mid 20's, two came from the pound, the other came from a neighbor that left him after they left. Our Smokey lasted 26 years, and was the oldest one.

Yep, little one and I will have to try that restaurant one of our days. Though not for breakfast, as the only think I think she would order is a pancake and bacon. We rarely go out to breakfast with her. Older one on the other had, would happily go to any breakfast place with me. He likes almost everything. Since we are not club level, and the Portofino does not have free breakfast, we're stopping at the Navy on our way out of the airport, first to pick up tickets for the Eye and Universal. Then, they have a little shop, with class 6 stuff, so a wine bottle for me, some soda, and whatever she wants to snack as breakfast and snack. I am also going to try to take her to Peach Valley Cafe, as I get their ads in my email, and they have seasonal lemon blueberry pancakes. Yes, please. Oh yeah, food and drinks are part of vacation for sure.

Oh, and chickens are so much work, after seeing them being taken care of, it's a no for me. I'm sure you've read my stories about my neighbor's 8 chickens. Yep, they had eggs for about 4 or 5 years, but since those chickens can live for about 10 years, his thoughts of chicken dinner were dashed when his wife named the chickens, and they come when called. I will say, though, the eggs were very good, and fun, as the chickens are from South America, and called the Easter Egg birds. We'd get light green, light yellow and light pink egg shelled eggs. Only thing different was the yoke was a darker color than we we usually saw in eggs bought from the local market. Taste was the same, though I thought tasted fresher. Well, as fresh as collected the day or so before. And like MonyK, they first got one that started to grow up as a rooster. Yeah, like her, they had to get rid of that rooster too. They only wanted eggs, not more chicks.

Wow!! Your Smokey was 26!! That's wonderful! Jill is the oldest we've had. The others lived anywhere from 12-17 years old. We give her kitty probiotics!

Troy is a vegetarian so yep his meal at breakfast is only pancakes and potatoes. In fact, he'd rather have breakfast food at any meal!! He's a cheap date! Kyle on the other hand- steak and lobster all the way!

Ooh- Peach Valley Cafe? and lemon blueberry pancakes?? will google that place now! Thx!

I can imagine that chickens are work!! My dream would be to have acres of land and be able to have lots of pets!! including chickens and a goat(always wanted a goat!) Of course that would be a full time job! So I guess that dream is on hold for a bit! Love it- Easter egg chickens! No need to color eggs!!

I am loving this! We are going in November and staying club level at HRH. We also booked the cabana. You are affirming everything I thought of both! We are so excited.

:goodvibes Yay!! You will love the HRH and the cabana! :love:

Also, I just posted a lot of pictures of the HRH club food offerings on another thread on the TR forum if you'd like to check them out!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/uso-hard-rock-hotel-club-level.3699420/

Thank you so much for reading along!:)

And please come back and share all the details of your trip !! Reading about others trips makes me feel like I'm on vacation again! :thumbsup2

Haha you should get a couple chickens!

They do require daily care, but really not much more than a dog. At least until it comes to coop cleaning time. I change out straw and scrub coop 2 times a year. I use the “deep litter” method and the underside of the straw breaks down for some really rich compost. And mine come when called too (well they provabaly actuall come when they see me for the mealworms). I’d actually like a couple Easter Eggers.

Lynne- Monyk will convince both of us to have chickens!!::yes::

My cats don't even come when called!:cat:

They are big, brown colored chickens, MonyK. And the largest one sports is chasing the squirrels out of or on top of the coop. One is the most friendly, and will jump into your arms when you call her.

That is too cute!!:)
Definitely no chicken for dinner tonight! Fish sounds good!! or maybe just pasta- let's just eliminate all the guilt today!! :thumbsup2

Now that I'm back from my short trip to Florida, the plans continue for our Sept/Oct trip! Joe and I are planning some day trips. What better way to plan than when we are out to dinner! We went to our local Bonefish Grill last night and enjoyed a wonderful dinner!!:) We had superb service!! The food was excellent! :thumbsup2

We started off with the special drinks- a watermelon martini for me and the Coral Reef Punch for Joe:

thumbnail_IMG_2488.jpg

You can't come to Bonefish without having an order of Bang Bang Shrimp:love:

thumbnail_IMG_2490.jpg

For dinner I had the scallops and shrimp while Joe chose the Wagyu Burger! Yum!!

thumbnail_IMG_2492.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2493.jpg

I wanted to save room for dessert but, alas, I was stuffed and dessert was not going to happen. It's so nice here- the manager on duty is always walking around and checks on each table to ensure that the patrons are happy with the service and food. He stopped by after we finished dinner to ask us how we were doing and if we wanted anything else including dessert. We told him we were STUFFED, so he graciously gave us his business card as well as a card for a free dessert when we return! Nice BONUS:thumbsup2 Add that nice little touch to the fact we get 10% off with our AARP card as well as we are members of the Dine Rewards program(after 4 visits to Bonefish, Carraba's, or Outback you get 50% off your next dinner!) and it's a truly wonderful deal!!:cool1:

THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES...........

46 MORE DAYS!!

26537952-smiling-sun-showing-thumb-up-illustration-clip-art-gradient-mash.jpg

One of the day trips we've planned is truly a special day!! On Monday, October 1 we'll visit EPCOT. October 1 is EPCOT's anniversary!! This year the park celebrates 36 years!! party:

latest

We visited the park on October 1, 2007 and enjoyed the 25th anniversary celebration!! Marty Sklar was there for the special day to rededicate the park.

epcot25_martysklar.jpg

epcot25_sklarsign.jpg

Later, he gave a presentation in The Circle of Life theater in The Land pavilion recounting the history of the park. We had the privilege of attending this talk. We rushed in the park at opening and waited hours in line (we were the first in line!!) so that we could get a front row seat!!
There are no words to express the awe all four of us felt. We were actually in the same room with someone who worked with WALT DISNEY!! And who was instrumental in building EPCOT!! This is truly the most special memory we have from ALL of our Disney trips!!

YAY! 44 days to go!

I love Bonefish grill- sadly the one around here closed. Which made no sense as it was always busy- no Bang Bang shrimp for me anymore....

Being at Epcot at the anniversary must have been so special! I would have loved that! I find the history of the parks really interesting! I hope to do a tour around Epcot next time I visit.

YAY! 44 days to go!

I love Bonefish grill- sadly the one around here closed. Which made no sense as it was always busy- no Bang Bang shrimp for me anymore....

Being at Epcot at the anniversary must have been so special! I would have loved that! I find the history of the parks really interesting! I hope to do a tour around Epcot next time I visit.

We really like Bonefish! Nice menu, and always good service and quality food at our local restaurant!:thumbsup2 We're a little nervous as they are located in a local shopping mall and so many small malls here are closing. We're hoping the restaurant stays!

My son actually made a version of Bang Bang Shrimp that was very good!:) I'll have to try it myself sometime!!

Yes- it was truly amazing to be there. I love to hear the stories of how the parks started, too! And to have it told by Marty Sklar was exciting beyond words!!:goodvibes

Our trips are getting close!!:cheer2: Definitely want to meet up to say hi before you leave!! :)

This year will be my first in decades I will be missing Epcots anniversary day.
boo hoo

We are leaving very early that morning, but you're welcome to join in the festivities with us!!:) We only stay for part of the day so we're back at the HRH for evening appetizers!

Our plan on October 1 is to get at EPCOT very early. I am thrilled that I was able to book a PPO ADR at Garden Grill!:cool1:

The Garden Grill has always been a family favorite!! I always liked that the meal was served family style and brought to you. It was always a little stressful at character buffets when the boys were young- you had to make sure you didn't miss the characters when you went up for food.

garden-grill.jpg

And it's also a more peaceful setting as you slowly rotate and can see The Land ride below. We always ask for a table on the lower level so we have a great view of the ride!:thumbsup2

garden-grill.jpg

Meeting Mickey in his "farm gear" is fun!! :)

Be sure to find the hidden Mickey in the mural behind where Mickey is standing in the picture below!! It's a hard one to locate!

Garden-Grill-Dinner-Mickey-Mouse-17_-008.jpg

We did the Garden Grill breakfast at Christmas. It was great, and the kids enjoyed it too. We have a Bonefish near us, but never have been. I'm not a seafood fan, so guess that's why we never have it on our radar.

I have a T shirt I bought from Epcot on October 1, 2017. Was my only celebration token I bought.

This October 1, I will be flying in early that morning, then thought I'd head to AK. I can hop over to Epcot if you're still around in the afternoon that day. Otherwise I'll see ya in the Dark Side.

We really like Bonefish! Nice menu, and always good service and quality food at our local restaurant!:thumbsup2 We're a little nervous as they are located in a local shopping mall and so many small malls here are closing. We're hoping the restaurant stays!

My son actually made a version of Bang Bang Shrimp that was very good!:) I'll have to try it myself sometime!!

Yes- it was truly amazing to be there. I love to hear the stories of how the parks started, too! And to have it told by Marty Sklar was exciting beyond words!!:goodvibes

Our trips are getting close!!:cheer2: Definitely want to meet up to say hi before you leave!! :)

We definitely have to meet!

I ate at Garden Grill a couple of years ago and we loved it! We had breakfast and the cinnamon bun thingy that comes in the skillet was to die for. I could have inhaled 10 of them by myself (ok not really)

We did the Garden Grill breakfast at Christmas. It was great, and the kids enjoyed it too. We have a Bonefish near us, but never have been. I'm not a seafood fan, so guess that's why we never have it on our radar.

I have a T shirt I bought from Epcot on October 1, 2017. Was my only celebration token I bought.

This October 1, I will be flying in early that morning, then thought I'd head to AK. I can hop over to Epcot if you're still around in the afternoon that day. Otherwise I'll see ya in the Dark Side.

I don't think I have any souvenirs from the celebration! Maybe a pin? I'll have to look now that you mention it!

We'll be at EPCOT on the 1st until about 3:30. We usually head back to HRH in time for evening appetizers. Would LOVE to meet up if you are at the park in the afternoon!!:thumbsup2 And we'll absolutely meet up at the Dark Side!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter